Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good performance and everyone contributed. Special mentions for:

Davies- very solid defensively

Buchanan- top performance, looked like a seasoned pro

Knight and Shinnie- you need players like these, proper workhorses who drive the team forwards

Lawrence, wags and Keith- lawrence was the pick of the bunch, but all worked hard and gave us a platform going forwards

We are looking better with each game now and players are Slowly coming into form.

The criticism I will mention is that flat spot we have for 20 odd mins at the start of the second half, we need to address that and if we do it could be the thing that turns results our way!

Need to back this performance up, far too many times we play well one game and don’t turn up the next. I’ve been Cocu in all the way but it’s now he has to show he can get us playing and keep us playing.  This is his time prove yourself Cocu 

Well i'm counting that as one as a win - don't care what the ref says.

Much better performance and if we can actually start creating chances in open play we should be alright. Just need to be a bit quicker with our decision making . Good signs though - thought Holmes played great when he came on as well.

I would also say Forest looked absolute poop - especially without Knockaert. If that is the best they can do then that is one depressing season for them - oh well nevermind.

Just now, Andicis said:

Again, you make huge assumptions on my post that I haven't said or eluded to. I'd rather you didn't, because I clearly haven't said that, same as I don't think there is an EFL conspiracy against Derby. We go into a tough game next, and the confidence of a win tonight could have helped a lot. It's not a season make or break game, but it could have really helped ahead of the Cardiff match. 

From your reaction you're making out the disallowed goal will make or break our season. It won't. But that's from my interpretation as I can tell you're immensely frustrated which is showing in your posts. I'm not disagreeing with you for reference but we should take a lot from that performance into our next game. And not let a spurious decision get in the way. 

Good performance.

Cocu picked the only team he could, in the only system he could. 
Until Clarke and wisdom can be trusted we have to have the extra man.

and we defended well

knight and shinnie were industrious and we now have a mobile pacy counter attacking strikeforce 

lawrence is far better now he is not pretending to a Left winger And Jozwiak holds the ball well.
could have won it. 
Shinnie probably surprised himself by getting in a great position

the goal was offside unfortunately 

the equaliser was our familiar weakness of conceding from corners.

lots of positives. 
much better when we’re not carrying you know who.

something to build on.

we can see that pressure was getting to Phillip, and it’s not surprising. But he deserves some praise. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

From your reaction you're making out the disallowed goal will make or break our season. It won't. But that's from my interpretation as I can tell you're immensely frustrated which is showing in your posts. I'm not disagreeing with you for reference but we should take a lot from that performance into our next game. And not let a spurious decision get in the way. 

We've had a tough start, and it's not helped when you get no decisions go your way from the ref. How can the decision not get in the way? How can the players not feel deflated? 

Just now, nottingram said:

A long term regression to a mean is not particularly useful when we are scrapping for our lives though is it

Are you saying we are in this position due to a number of spurious referring decisions. Am sure you're not. But that opens another can of worms which I don't want to progress. 

Just now, Coconut said:

Always find it weird when Sky get a 'pundit' in with a clear and obvious bias towards one of the teams playing and allow them to air their views unchallenged, and taken as fact.

To be fair Michael Johnson was openly pro Derby so there was one from each side, but was much more respectful

Just now, Andicis said:

We've had a tough start, and it's not helped when you get no decisions go your way from the ref. How can the decision not get in the way? How can the players not feel deflated? 

I'm not disagreeing with you as I said before. I can tell your frustration. Either the players use the setback as something to spur them on or they succumb to it. Either way it's down to the team and the manager now to push on. 

Archived