bryne - excellent 

wisdom - decent 

Davies - above excellent 

clarke - decent

Buchanan - excellent going forward

Shinnie - excellent- shame he didn’t score

knight - excellent

lawrence - looked menacing

Jozwiak- good first half disappeared a bit second half but took his disallowed goal well 

waghorn - excellent goal 

subs - holmes - did well unlike Tuesday 

sibley - not Enough  to comment 

we deserved a win and were extremely unlucky to have that goal ruled out and so was I as it cost me £70 

20 minutes ago, Ram Bam said:

Another improved performance, we're on the right track. I said in another thread earlier this week, we're on the wrong end of fine margins at the minute. Arguments against there goal and for our disallowed one. I also think we should have had a penalty early on against Lawrence, he was looking for it but there was contact.

We're not getting the rub of the green at the minute but it'll come good soon.

Don’t think it was a penalty, lucky not to get booked for diving.

Great to read all the comments and we got a fully deserved point as opposed to our somewhat fortuitous one last time.

Hope this is the start of the turnaround fro Philip. Players in the right positions, right substitutions and a well designed Plan B.

Plus effort galore.

So all the things he could influence and should be held to account for  he did well tonight imo.

Let us hope he gets that bit of fortune. You feel that with 12 shots, 4 on target that is a step change in progress. Wins should follow soon.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So you think then that the referee was deliberately biased against us. Tough one to prove. So have to chalk it down to we didn't get the rub of the green tonight. Or luck in other words. 

Ref didn't penalise significant Forest fouls but much more likely to be sheer incompetence than bias.

22 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Thought he looked shattered before the game and after he looked really upset.

I agree

D71BE66D-54FF-4E09-9C4A-DB310F85E39E.thumb.jpeg.dfa4281f594d0bb93454bc9354ec3145.jpeg

hopefully he can get a decent night’s sleep and text Mel to say “....and you can Schtick your breakfasht meeting up your arsch” ?

Just now, DRBee said:

Ref didn't penalise significant Forest fouls but much more likely to be sheer incompetence than bias.

Yes agreed. So my original point still stands. We'll get our fair share of homers over the season which will balance this out. Unless there is of course a concerted effort by the EFL to penalise us. 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Marshall - sensible goalkeeping 

bryne - excellent 

wisdom - decent 

Davies - above excellent 

clarke - decent

Buchanan - excellent going forward

Shinnie - excellent- shame he didn’t score

knight - excellent

lawrence - looked menacing

Jozwiak- good first half disappeared a bit second half but took his disallowed goal well 

waghorn - excellent goal 

subs - holmes - did well unlike Tuesday 

sibley - not Enough  to comment 

we deserved a win and were extremely unlucky to have that goal ruled out and so was I as it cost me £70 

Thought Sibley did plenty after coming on, looked very good ?

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Great to read all the comments and we got a fully deserved point as opposed to our somewhat fortuitous one last time.

Hope this is the start of the turnaround fro Philip. Players in the right positions, right substitutions and a well designed Plan B.

Plus effort galore.

So all the things he could influence and should be held to account for  he did well tonight imo.

Let us hope he gets that bit of fortune. You feel that with 12 shots, 4 on target that is a step change in progress. Wins should follow soon.

Hope so but a couple of difficult games coming up ?

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So you think then that the referee was deliberately biased against us. Tough one to prove. So have to chalk it down to we didn't get the rub of the green tonight. Or luck in other words. 

No , the linesman made a horrendous mistake due to his line of view .  The referee didn’t overturn the flag due to his refusal to admit that he either......

1. Wasn’t professional enough to override the Lino, from a position of a better view 

2.He was also incompetent

no luck 

7 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Just two he missed, shame it led to their goal one of them. (Other being Byrne) 

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

No , the linesman made a horrendous mistake due to his line of view .  The referee didn’t overturn the flag due to his refusal to admit that he either......

1. Wasn’t professional enough to override the Lino, from a position of a better view 

no luck 

It is luck though as we will get our fair share of incompetent refereeing decisions our way over the season. And if we don't then it's deliberate bias. Will even itself out like I say unless we are being deliberately targeted. The standard of refereeing in the EFL is shocking nothing new there. 

5 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

no luck 

Neither of them two points are correct as to why he didn’t overturn it 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We'll get our fair share of dodgy refereeing decisions for us. Unless you think there is a systematic agenda from the EFL to direct all referees to make totally biased decisions against us.

OK. I'll bite. Firstly, can you give me some examples of us picking up points as a result of poor refereeing? Can you please also explain why criticising the performance of the officials tonight is in any way indicative of a 'systemic agenda'. Setting aside the fact that a player error may or may not have cost Norwich a point, how is that relatable or remotely relevant to the officials'' performance tonight. Jozwiak executed perfectly but had his goal scrubbed off on the basis of a margin call. Their goal could and should have been chalked off several reasons. Do you disagree?

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes and we didn't lose and we performed admirably. If you think the whole outcome of the season hinges on that one game then we differ in our opinions.

With due respect, this is another obvious straw man. There are any number of reasons that tonight's game could be viewed as critical. Given that Cocu has been getting all kinds of flak from any number of fans, yourself included and with the media awash with  stories about how a loss would effectively end Cocu's tenure, it's hard to disagree with that assessment. You've quite correctly pointed out that the season does not hinge on this game, but surely you can see that that was not the point being made to you?

The good thing out of all this is the fire it will put in payers guts. Don’t tell me they don’t know they played well enough to win, they know they were had by some poor decisions. I am no psychologist but I’ll bet a beer that the righteous fight this will inspire in them will get us an extra 2 points in one of the matches to come. It will bond a group. The let’s get the bar stewards tonight mentality 

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

OK. I'll bite. Firstly, can you give me some examples of us picking up points as a result of poor refereeing? Can you please also explain why criticising the performance of the officials tonight is in any way indicative of a 'systemic agenda'. Setting aside the fact that a player error may or may not have cost Norwich a point, how is that relatable or remotely relevant to the officials'' performance tonight. Jozwiak executed perfectly but had his goal scrubbed off on the basis of a margin call. Their goal could and should have been chalked off several reasons. Do you disagree?

Where on earth did I say that. The point being made was that if the original poster couldn't accept that the decisions made tonight were down to incompetence then the only other explanation was that they were down to a systematic agenda against us or deliberate bias. 

Their goal could have been disallowed absolutely. But it wasn't.  Don't understand what your point is. 

Archived