Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended the game disappointed we didn’t win for the first time in ages. It’s coming, stick with Cocu. Fair play to the bloke, deserves some luck. 

They aren’t going anywhere with Christie and that Ioannu as full backs absolute cesspit footballers, woeful. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Are you saying we are in this position due to a number of spurious referring decisions. Am sure you're not. But that opens another can of worms which I don't want to progress. 

No I am very much not saying that.

I am 100% sure at some point this season we will get some decisions in our favour. But they may not have the same effect as a more positive result would have tonight which is again a huge can of worms as such things cannot be proven or quantified in any way.

But it is frustrating to lose points as a result of poor officiating (yes I do know we could and should have won the game regardless which is equally as frustrating). Same as Tuesday night where we should have taken the lead but for a linesman’s intervention. 

2 minutes ago, Diego said:

I ended the game disappointed we didn’t win for the first time in ages. It’s coming, stick with Cocu. Fair play to the bloke, deserves some luck. 

They aren’t going anywhere with Christie and that Ioannu as full backs absolute cesspit footballers, woeful. 

Ioannu is a thug on that showing , how many times did he foul and get away with it ? 

Just now, Norwichram2 said:

Guys the lino's decision was perfectly reasonable from his position. It looked like Waggy jumped over the ball. The fact that replays tell us otherwise is not relevant. Bloody unfortunate as I see it. 

I agree it's understandable that he made that call from his angle. However Cocu made a relevant point that it took him so long to make that call. That is what makes it harder to take. Can't be changed now so we accept the improved performance and move on. 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

No I am very much not saying that.

I am 100% sure at some point this season we will get some decisions in our favour. But they may not have the same effect as a more positive result would have tonight which is again a huge can of worms as such things cannot be proven or quantified in any way.

But it is frustrating to lose points as a result of poor officiating (yes I do know we could and should have won the game regardless which is equally as frustrating). Same as Tuesday night where we should have taken the lead but for a linesman’s intervention. 

I'm not trying to glib about the whole thing do you not think I was annoyed when the goal was disallowed? I'm trying to be pragmatic as there's not a jot any of us can do about it now.

Either the players and manager use it as a spur to kick on or let it affect them. Ultimately that is in their control not a linesman or a dodgy referee. 

16 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Can everyone just get behind Cocu now ?

All this talk of the players not being behind him was clearly put to bed tonight 

If we play like this very week we’ll win more than we lose

Some quality players in the final 3rd make a real difference when you have the solid base

Onwards & upwards with Big Phil

#CocuIn

But that’s the point: will we? It’s easy to do it for the Big Game. That was a very good game by us and Cocu got it right tonight. Now, what about every week? 

24 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Rubbish back. Everyone harps on about luck but are happy to take Pukki slipping over as a free gift but moan like drains when we get a contentious decision against us. It all evens out. Take the rough with the smooth. 

But the penalty award was unlucky in the first place, Evans had turned away from the ball and the ball struck his arm, not that it was goal bound.

Another improved performance, we're on the right track. I said in another thread earlier this week, we're on the wrong end of fine margins at the minute. Arguments against there goal and for our disallowed one. I also think we should have had a penalty early on against Lawrence, he was looking for it but there was contact.

We're not getting the rub of the green at the minute but it'll come good soon.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not trying to glib about the whole thing do you not think I was annoyed when the goal was disallowed? I'm trying to be pragmatic as there's not a jot any of us can do about it now.

Either the players and manager use it as a spur to kick on or let it affect them. Ultimately that is in their control not a linesman or a dodgy referee. 

No I’m quite sure everybody was annoyed by it.

But I am just making the point that these things “evening themselves out” over a long period isn’t that much use right now because we lost two huge points tonight. If Cocu loses his job because short term results are poor I am certain he won’t think “ah it’s okay, Derby will be allowed an offside consolation goal later this season in a 3-1 loss at home to Barnsley so everything is even”

Similarly if I put my mortgage on a coin landing on heads and it came out tails, it wouldn’t console me that over the entire history of coins I would’ve been right 50% of the time, when I am on the streets and my girlfriend has left me. 

Archived