Mac 3

Chris_Martin

I’d have said you were insane not too long back... but I’m warming to it. Cocu isn’t getting anywhere near the best out of what he has at his disposal. I think we actually have the personnel now to be a pretty damn good attacking footballing side - We’ve got defenders comfortable on the ball, and the likes of Jozwiak and Ibe are very talented forwards if you play with some pace and energy. Steve McClaren would get the best out of this sort of squad. Cocu’s defensive style of play really isn’t getting the best out of them at the moment.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Mac3 is a terrible idea. It's not worked for us twice now, it would be mental to think it is currently our best option.

Except giving us the best season since we got relegated from the Prem. Lampard was close, but the first Mac season was fantastic.

Edited by GeneralRam

Mac 3... clearly some of our fans know nothing. I guarantee if he came in now we would not just click like last time because the foundations are not there. Clough  took years to build that that team and it irritates me that Mac gets so much credit for it. Yes he did a great job tinkering with tactics, spotting what Clough perhaps didn’t, but the bottom line is that it was not his team. 

Why not. We'll get ourselves up and looking OK then fall to pieces again and Mel will get to sack him again.

I think sacking Steve McClaren is basically the highlight of being the chairman of the football club? You might lose your entire fortune but you get to see his wee face as you break it to him...mock his hair island....tell him to look on it as...an oportunity....

"he turned us around after Pearson"  will be coming soon.

..but the Pearson squad was merely underachieving, and a better quality squad than the one we've currently got (excluding injured players and those not fit to play for weeks)

...and although, yes, we went on one excellent run when he returned it was soon followed by an absolutely awful one which McClaren was helpless to stop, as he often is when something's turned bad under his management.

It would probably be impossible for him to do worse than what we're seeing at the minute, given the current state of the squad, but there's not really any convincing reason to suggest that he's have us finishing any higher or playing any better than we did last season.

Edited by Coconut

I would be very happy to see him back in a  coaching capacity, think he is one of the best coaches in the game if you listen to how players talk about him and think he could do far far better with this squad but would want to see someone working above him - DOF Or as a management team.

Should add I really want Cocu to succeed but its getting worrying now to say the least, however the likes of Howe and Hughton come with no guarantees and very few others out there that stand out as possible candidates.

Edited by Bluedogmaz

4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Mac 3... clearly some of our fans know nothing. I guarantee if he came in now we would not just click like last time because the foundations are not there. Clough  took years to build that that team and it irritates me that Mac gets so much credit for it. Yes he did a great job tinkering with tactics, spotting what Clough perhaps didn’t, but the bottom line is that it was not his team. 

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

"he turned us around after Pearson"  will be coming soon.

..but the Pearson squad was merely underachieving, and a better quality squad than the one we've currently got (excluding injured players and those not fit to play for weeks)

I think if we're in a position comparable with a position McClaren previously joined a club in, it's his season at QPR, i.e. reducing wage bill, limited transfer budget, relying on the academy, FFP restrictions. I actually think he did a better job there than he is credited with, but he did lose his first four games by a 13-2 margin, and got sacked after a run of 1 win and 10 losses in 15 games.

Steve McLaren is a coach at best. Took Clough’s team that took 3 years to build, made some minor amendments and reaped the rewards. Look at his time at QPR and with us the second time. I remember watching us play Brighton away and he was on the touchline laughing with C Hughton, whilst 3-0 down! Absolutely appalling, I can’t believe there’s a thread about him again! 

So all those who said we need to make allowances for all the crazy stuff that happened last season, then that we need to make allowances for all the injuries at the start of this season, then who stood by and applauded the incoming signings and then got hope from the first quarter of a hour of today's game - ah that's how Cocu wants to play - then BANG!!!

Individual errors, at least two from Rooney, and all those "allowances", signings and signs of positive play are forgotten.

Let's get Cocu out and bring back someone who had a team made for him and still failed to get us promoted. Or someone who spent loads at Bristol and didn't get them promoted. Or negative Hughton or Howe.?‍♂️

For heaven's sake, patience means patience... Giving time means more than "twenty minutes".

Cocu in. Think long term. COYR ?

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Far to early to change things 

One full season and now only 3 games in to a new one, I agree to early. However if this continues to December then that’s different 

16 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

One full season and now only 3 games in to a new one, I agree to early. However if this continues to December then that’s different 

Just heard Marriott wasn’t injured and it was a tactical decision to take off our only forward and replace him with a DM at CB . I’ve changed my mind sack him now Mel ?