Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Rooney was much better after he dropped back second half. Thought the team looked better with him there as well. We are gradually getting there. Much better today. 

We were much better but I genuinely don’t think Shinnie did anything wrong and think we’d have seen just as big an improvement in the second half with Sibley coming on for Rooney. 

Let’s be honest though this season at the minute feels like a death from 1000 cuts in terms of defensive howlers. 

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

There are green shoots in that 2nd half performance. Our previous games deserved criticism but get the injured players back, a could more signings and that 2nd half will create wins. Sickened as anyone to lose like that but we need to carry that performance into the next game. 

I've got huge respect for Craig Forsyth but ACLs in both legs have caught up with him, the guy gives 100% but we need better. Ibe, targetman striker on permanents and a good left back on loan and we will improve.

Depends if cocu sends us out with 2 holding midfielders and no forward options again next match doesn’t it 

if he does and we surrender the first half til he realised that yet again his defensive negative mindset isn’t working then we’ll just keep on losing games abjectly 

Im absolutely fuming with our poohouse start 

there are mitigating circumstances I totally accept that but that doesn’t mean we have to go out and play as if we have no intention of trying to win or take the game to The opposition  

he needs to look in the mirror and have a think 

barrow, reading and Luton .. wake up thats 3 v v winnable games and weve Been abysmal  IN all 3 

4 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Well what would you call it then? Leave me alone. Been bullied all my life due to an unfortunate birth mark and now I'm continually brought up on here because of the use of one word! I'm ever so sorry my description of Derby appears to upset some. Everyone on here says we're rubbish, woeful, turgid, awful, embarrassing etc etc but they dont get tagged in every single thread. Even my grammar and vocabulary have been questioned. Thought this might be a safe place being as were all supposed to be Derby but you guys are nothing short of online bullies. ??. I'm outta here cos it's just not worth the upset anymore. Thanks a bunch. 

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately we can't control what other people say, put them on ignore and carry on posting. Don't let other people affect you being on here. 

Just now, Andicis said:

We have 6 games in the month of October and you think we're not even going to get a single draw? If we click, any of those games are highly winnable. It's the Championship. 

So nothing you could analyse just we may get lucky and get something.  I know what you say has merit but if you don’t think we are in a mess and about to enter the toughest Month of the season then I salute your confidence

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Desperate for one more winger and a striker with hold up ability.

Knight isn’t good enough and Marriott can’t hold it up.

Lawrence can come in as the number 10.

Rooney has to play deep - he’s the only one driving the team forward when he receives it.

Knight looked a lot better on the right than left.  Jozwiak looked better on the left than right.  Rooney looked better deeper, Wisdom looks better as a centre back. Sibley looked more lively a picking the ball up.  Cocu needs to use the players we have in the best way until our squad is stronger.

11 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

If anyone thinks there was positives in that game against a poor championship team currently on a nick blackman esque purple patch of good results then they need a wet palm slap to the fod,  jozwiak looked good but we still have no teeth going forward passing it out of play for goal kicks and losing it in our own half and being unable to stop a cross to save our life , we need way more than just a striker and winger , our defence is kak, its not even wrist slashing anymore its borderline head decapitation time Jesus watching us play is painful ?

Not as painful as reading posts. This one looks like an explosion in a cliche factory. 

We needed points from today.  You get the same amount of points beginning or end of the season so it's worrying we have lost against  two mid table to lower end sides as we are likely to be there ourselves this year. Bird needs to up his game for me.  He's had a fair bit of first team action and is starting to look like Butterfield light.  

Knight needs a go in midfield. We really need another forward, probably two .  If Marriott's out we have an issue. Two new players did ok and very good.  Hope the injury isn't to bad. Sibley needs letting off the leash a bit - he looks frustrated and there's a player there.

Forsyth is an issue for me, but we don't have many other options. 

Please start marking properly and not everything needs to be played out from the back- we don't have the players and it's so frustrating.  No point having young players if you don't use there asset which is energy above all else if the experience is lacking.

Just now, Spanish said:

So nothing you could analyse just we may get lucky and get something.  I know what you say has merit but if you don’t think we are in a mess and about to enter the toughest Month of the season then I salute your confidence

We looked good in the second half. I don't care what anyone says, I don't care about the result, we looked like a proper team in the second half. If we sort out defensive errors, we can be good. I don't fear any of the teams we play in October, they're in the same league as us for a reason. It's not like they're the Premier League top 6, they're just as limited as we are.

I just wish Cocu would stop being so negative during the first half. It's becoming a bit of a recurring theme for us to improve as the game wears on, but I think Cocu is still over estimating how complex the Championship actually is. Seriously Phil, you don't need to play 2 DMs for protection whilst you "figure out" Luton Town. At best we piss away 45 minutes, at worst we leave ourselves with a mountain to climb.

8 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Well what would you call it then? Leave me alone. Been bullied all my life due to an unfortunate birth mark and now I'm continually brought up on here because of the use of one word! I'm ever so sorry my description of Derby appears to upset some. Everyone on here says we're rubbish, woeful, turgid, awful, embarrassing etc etc but they dont get tagged in every single thread. Even my grammar and vocabulary have been questioned. Thought this might be a safe place being as were all supposed to be Derby but you guys are nothing short of online bullies. ??. I'm outta here cos it's just not worth the upset anymore. Thanks a bunch. 

Didn't know Mikhail Gorbachev was a Rams fan!! 

Seriously, not sure if this is a genuine message of upset but I hope not, people are just having a little joke with you, chill out. 

21 minutes ago, Norman said:

It's hard to watch this side. 

Makes me angry, frustrated and just pissed off. The stupid fouls, the stupid marking, the stupid decision making, the lack of chances created.... 

Uninspiring, slow, turgid. 

That push by Sibley when the ball was probably going out for a corner was probably the most moronic thing I’ve seen since the last time Malone was booked. 

Archived