Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Something I predicted last week it wouldn’t be a surprise if we don’t get any points in Oct 

I’ve got to be honest, it would have been a surprise to me, I’m not expecting a top two kind of season but to have a 12 points advantage whittled away is pretty unthinkable...careless even. Questions would have to be asked should it turn out to be the case.

But it’s early days still, let’s not be pressing any panic buttons yet, we might be a different proposition when the injured players return. (He added hopefully)

Much better from Derby today, although that wasn't a difficult target to achieve. And yes I had trouble getting onto Rams TV via my TV - it wouldn't load the necessary cookie. So via the laptop, with crappy laptop speaker sound as somehow hdmi doesn't put audio through the telly.

We finally got on just after Derby took their foot off the gas, but it sounded encourgaing up till then. We look comfortable on the ball, and play ourselves out of trouble at the back really well. Its just that we shouldn't get ourselves into trouble in the first place. Marriott looke more useful, apart from his first touch, and I am delighted that he scored. Or he could get injured soon after - cue the clash of ankles. Damm!

Its a good job we've brought Marshall in to cut out those goalkeeping howlers ...... oh wait! And yet another AWOL defender for the second. We also looked much better second half with the wingers swapped over, and Sibbers on for Shinnie.

The ref was pretty good, apart from not spotting Luton players going down like flies. And letting them stand a good yard in front of the line he'd sprayed - he was more concerned with the Derby players standing where the Luton wall should have been if the ref had got any balls.

Joswiack was very impressive today, and looks good, assuming he keeps free from injur ................ Damm!

Overall  lot better, and there were good signs. And apart from two balls ups, we my well have won that one. So the future looks brighter than it did a week ago.

Come on you Rams!

8 minutes ago, Anon said:

I just wish Cocu would stop being so negative during the first half. It's becoming a bit of a recurring theme for us to improve as the game wears on, but I think Cocu is still over estimating how complex the Championship actually is. Seriously Phil, you don't need to play 2 DMs for protection whilst you "figure out" Luton Town. At best we piss away 45 minutes, at worst we leave ourselves with a mountain to climb.

I think the problem is he is over complicating things 

it’s evident in our play and last season how many goals we conceded from us having safe possession 

champioship with average players is not the place to try and play total football end of story sooner he realises the better 

What a bunch of moaners glad this board was not around in the Jim Smith promotion season we did not win a game till the 5th fixture drew 2 and lost 2 

Back then fans had patience whilst he built his team and he was not hamstrung by the EFL or transfer windows give Cocu time most of you need to grow up.

Just now, superzak said:

Just joking with you gullible people. It was a very good performance against a top side like Luton. Luton will be near the top of the league this year if not automatic contenders . We are looking like a top 6 side under Cocu...so wembley here we come.

Still here then. 

6 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Well what would you call it then? Leave me alone. Been bullied all my life due to an unfortunate birth mark and now I'm continually brought up on here because of the use of one word! I'm ever so sorry my description of Derby appears to upset some. Everyone on here says we're rubbish, woeful, turgid, awful, embarrassing etc etc but they dont get tagged in every single thread. Even my grammar and vocabulary have been questioned. Thought this might be a safe place being as were all supposed to be Derby but you guys are nothing short of online bullies. ??. I'm outta here cos it's just not worth the upset anymore. Thanks a bunch. 

@Xlordon’t get bullied off the site. 
Posters USUALLY  fall into 2 categories.  if you don’t fit one of them you can get slated. I was accused by a poster of being aggressive ( lol) all because I found his post so negative, I pulled him up on it. Nothing personal was said, but because he accused me of it, It, became fact! As I didn’t want to reply. Lots of posters get grief, but most posters don’t dwell too much on these things. 
All Rams have the right to an opinion.

I think some of the “Toss” quotes might be a bit tongue in cheek. 
Ignore and move on ????

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

What a bunch of moaners glad this board was not around in the Jim Smith promotion season we did not win a game till the 5th fixture drew 2 and lost 2 

Back then fans had patience whilst he built his team and he was not hamstrung by the EFL or transfer windows give Cocu time most of you need to grow up.

Remember the radio Derby moan in after the Barnsley away game that season, this thread is the modern equivalent.

Result aside, I thought there were a lot of positives today.

There was more intent on getting the ball forward and we saw some great balls played across the box which given time, players like Marriott will learn to anticipate and get on the end of them. Sibley was very unlucky not to score from one of them.

Byrne looked a real threat going forward and seemed to work well with Knight and Wisdom.

Joswiak looks like somebody that likes to get at fullbacks and with more time to work with his team mates, he will get better and get to understand the runs the forwards make.

Marriott is looking sharper and hopefully coming off was just a precaution, he lloked to be running alright just before he was subbed.

With maybe one more attacking player in and the return of our injured players, I think we'll be fine and we'll soon be climbing the table. 

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Praying he was taken off as a precautionary measure, keeping ?????????????????? He has just had a slight knock. 
Hoping he and JM are both ok and ready for Blackburn

From the looks of it he'll be okay. His knee was in flexion whilst the underside of his foot was kicked upwards. Making the cartilage temporarily ineffective. Tibia and Femur coming into contact. Inflammation and 2 weeks off tops ?

12 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Forsyth is ducking shocking! 

Signing a new left back has to be the priority for me. 

Alright signing new attackers but when your defense is atrocious you won't get anywhere but league 1. I think we need a commanding centre back who can head every ball away, a new left back and a new striker. We won't be able to afford a winger as well so those are the 3 positions I'd prioritise. Don't rate Clarke, he's slow and poo on the ball, makes Keogh look like Baresi. I would Play Davies for the Blackburn game next to Te werik. 

Interesting

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’ve got to be honest, it would have been a surprise to me, I’m not expecting a top two kind of season but to have a 12 points advantage whittled away is pretty unthinkable...careless even. Questions would have to be asked should it turn out to be the case.

But it’s early days still, let’s not be pressing any panic buttons yet, we might be a different proposition when the injured players return. (He added hopefully)

I sort of agree but it is quite possible we could be bottom by the end of October.  If we are and that included losing to the gumps I’m not sure whether Mel would not pull the trigger.  Here’s hoping for a couple of lucky breaks 

Disappointed. I think we did enough for a point. Luton are fired up and playing reasonably well. Fozzy struggled against that quick wide right who looked a handful,  but we didn’t play badly..... We didn’t play well either 

missing firepower. Furious at the lousy luck we have when short of attacking players, Jack gets a knock and the same for our new winger .. it’s a blow, a big one but hopefully they are just that ... knocks. Fingers crossed. 

its early season, the jigsaw isn’t complete. Just lost the rub of the green .. Anyway Jack scored and Kamil looks to be well worth it .. sharp, hungry, unselfish and works hard. 

Archived