Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mick Brolly said:

But apart from that you enjoyed it. 

I haven't enjoyed watching since a 35 minute spell against Millwall. 

I will say it. Injuries are piling up, yes. But the lack of fitness, pressing, the lack of willingness to chase down, poo marking, not tracking runners, lack of forward passes, lack of chances created, lack of forward runs, lack of offering for the ball in tight spaces, average decision making skills of a 3 year old and Forsyth firing torpedoes at people's hips..... 

I've had about enough of watching Cocuball. But I have to remember the injuries and embargo. 

But it is literally the basics. If the manager cannot demand and drill that into them, actual professional footballers who know the basics, then something is wrong.

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

If anyone thinks there was positives in that game against a poor championship team currently on a nick blackman esque purple patch of good results then they need a wet palm slap to the fod,  jozwiak looked good but we still have no teeth going forward passing it out of play for goal kicks and losing it in our own half and being unable to stop a cross to save our life , we need way more than just a striker and winger , our defence is kak, its not even wrist slashing anymore its borderline head decapitation time Jesus watching us play is painful ?

Jesus watched us play ?? No wonder we didn't handle crosses very well then. 

7 minutes ago, dcfcollie said:

Unless something changes in the next few weeks we are in for a serious relegation scrap. 

Team don't look interested at all. Cocu looks clueless on the sideline. 

Hope I'm proved wrong though!

It is alright people laughing at your comment but when you look at October’s games..............

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Please share said positives ... Cos im ducking Struggling to find any 

tactics ... wrong yet again from the start 

tempo ... none existent 

goal threat .. minimal 

defence .. concede chances with invariably leads to goals .. only barrow ... somehow have failed to score against us 

slight improvement second half .. and perhaps unlucky to lose it but when u serve up such a poo show first half ... yet again it’s hard to argue how much we actually deserved from that 

please don’t say JHI got some game time .... Cos that really is clutching at straws 

We were the better team in the second half, Jozwiak played well, Byrne was excellent, we had a huge amount more forward momentum in the second half, we were better at pressing, we used more width. We were considerably better than we've played in any other game, if you can't find any positives then you're choosing not to see them, they're out there.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Clarke's fault. Forsyth had gone past him with a runner and Clarke was in the LB position. Ball goes wide and he comes inside as an extra CB. Having no LW doesn't help. 

Much better performance all round though. We are a CF short of being a top ten team  

I’d have to look at it again but I expected that to be a drop ball restart?

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Clarke's fault. Forsyth had gone past him with a runner and Clarke was in the LB position. Ball goes wide and he comes inside as an extra CB. Having no LW doesn't help. 

Much better performance all round though. We are a CF short of being a top ten team  

I feel Fozzy did not need to track that runner, when the cross was put in, there were already two Derby players in the box effectively marking one player. I think fozzy should have held his position, let one of the two players standing on the penalty spot take the runner. Fozzy should have stayed with his man on the left, since no one was there to cover for him.

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Don't know what's worse, the defeat or knowing I'm going to have to go another season watching Craig Forsyth. 

Craig forsyth is absolutely awful i said a few weeks ago when lowe went that I couldn't believe people still said hes one of the better left backs in the championship,  many people on here were sticking up for him saying he was still quality,  I'd rather stick an avocado with eyeballs and boots at left back 

Headed goals is a problem yes... as it was under Clough, McClaren, Clement, Pearson and Lampard. Not so much under Rowett but we spent most games camped in our box under him with Curtis Davies throwing himself at everything.

Funny that.

It's almost as if blaming the manager for it and demanding he be sacked if we continue to concede from crosses is the wrong way to go and  won't actually sort anything out.

4 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

As @Xlor would put it, toss.

Well what would you call it then? Leave me alone. Been bullied all my life due to an unfortunate birth mark and now I'm continually brought up on here because of the use of one word! I'm ever so sorry my description of Derby appears to upset some. Everyone on here says we're rubbish, woeful, turgid, awful, embarrassing etc etc but they dont get tagged in every single thread. Even my grammar and vocabulary have been questioned. Thought this might be a safe place being as were all supposed to be Derby but you guys are nothing short of online bullies. ??. I'm outta here cos it's just not worth the upset anymore. Thanks a bunch. 

Archived