Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Topram said:

More bothered about Jozwaik and marriotts injuries than the result 

This is true the result as gone now and yes we lost again,take Jozwaik and Marriott out our starting eleven against free flowing scoring Blackburn there is only going to be one outcome.

Slightly better today to be fare although that wasn't hard to achieve from what we have seen so far,when i saw the fixtures looking at the first to games i thought 6 points but 4 as an absolute minimum this makes the Blackburn game massive now and before any says its early doors yet and yes i agree but its very difficult to get out of the losing habit and makes the next game bigger and bigger

33 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Rooney sees creative passes much quicker. Has to start there for me. 

He did before the lockdown but since then his passing hasn’t been where it should be and if we’ve got a midfielder who can’t run he’s got to be bringing those unbelievable passes regularly to justify his place. 

6 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Tbh if someone’s skin is that thin then the internet and in particular a forum is not for them

Ok. I’m not gonna get into an argument about this as the irony will kill me, but this isn’t twitter! And if a poster feels bullied enough to leave then it’s a sorry situation. 

Better than last two games but still rubbish. First Luton Goal is poor goalkeeping. The second goal is poor defending. Its schoolboy to not pick up your man. Left him in loads of space

Positives are Byrne looked good & i thought Wisdom was our best player & is our best CB at the club. 

We need someone that takes charge of the defence & can we please stop playing two holding players. Its a joke. 

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

The way he was holding it looked more like an impact injury than a ligament.

He looked like he wanted to carry on which you don’t with an ACL injury.

Who was the loan forward from wendies got injured and came back played for a bit then discovered he had acl?

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Didn't know you were an expert on knee injuries and could immediately tell what it is.

Doesn’t look great though does it after our records with ACL, seen it again it wasn’t impact injury it was his own weight off the ball

54 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Depends if cocu sends us out with 2 holding midfielders and no forward options again next match doesn’t it 

if he does and we surrender the first half til he realised that yet again his defensive negative mindset isn’t working then we’ll just keep on losing games abjectly 

Im absolutely fuming with our poohouse start 

there are mitigating circumstances I totally accept that but that doesn’t mean we have to go out and play as if we have no intention of trying to win or take the game to The opposition  

he needs to look in the mirror and have a think 

barrow, reading and Luton .. wake up thats 3 v v winnable games and weve Been abysmal  IN all 3 

I posted at HT that whilst the 1st half was a slight improvement to the previous games it was nowhere near good enough, so I do understand your frustration. For me the the starting positions of the players in all of the games has been wrong. Playing Rooney in any role other than a deep lying player is effectively starting with 10 men. In the 2nd half when he dropped deep Clarke and Wisdom played 10 yards further forwards. Bird  also play further forward as a result. Playing with one  CDM gives the CB’s space to step up and foray into midfield, The one CDM doesn’t have to be Rooney either. In the home game against Blackburn, Bird played in this role and Shinnie was the B2B midfielder with Sibley as the AM (10). Wisdom was a beast in that game and made loads of runs in to the opposition half.

That started to happen for the first 20 mins of 2nd half today and we looked way more threatening. I agree with Cocu when he says the players need to be braver and more confident but so does he and just play a system with one defensive mid role which could either be a

4-4-3

or 

4-1 -2 -3 

Archived