Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say it, and I love fozzy to bits, but he has to go. He has been a great servant to the club, but he has been dire for a while, he is totally off the pace. We must replace him ASAP! IMHO he was at fault for the second goal, Fozzy's man left totally unmarked, basic stuff really, and besides, his first half was also bad.

If forsyth plays next week I’ll be disgusted. He’s been past it for years. Every team targets him all the time because he is so slow and can not defend that well. We need someone in the mould of bryne on that side. Unfortunately with a heavy heart fozzy is done

The good news, is that second half was much, much, much more like it, Jozwiak looks a player, and we can actually attack when we want to. On the flip side, can someone explain to me what the duck Matt Clarke is thinking giving the guy at the back stick a free header? Appalling defending. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Definitely Cocu's fault for telling them not to defend crosses then? 

Every club knows we can't deal with them. We are that bad, off the top of my head, 90% of the goals we conceed are from a cross or the seconds following. 

If the manager doesn't know how to fix or or can't, he goes. It's that simple. He's the manager, the fault ultimately lies with him when it's a long term problem. I've said it on repeated occasions. If the management and coaching staff don't know how to deal with the problem, then they bring in a coach that does. 

They haven't even done that. Which worries me even more so. 

This is a basic criticism. 

1 minute ago, DanS1992 said:

I hate to say it, and I love fozzy to bits, but he has to go. He has been a great servant to the club, but he has been dire for a while, he is totally off the pace. We must replace him ASAP! IMHO he was at fault for the second goal, Fozzy's man left totally unmarked, basic stuff really, and besides, his first half was also bad.

Clarke's fault. Forsyth had gone past him with a runner and Clarke was in the LB position. Ball goes wide and he comes inside as an extra CB. Having no LW doesn't help. 

Much better performance all round though. We are a CF short of being a top ten team  

If Cocu wasn't a Barcelona legend, and the list of quick managerial changes not happened, there would be a lot more criticism. 

Coupled with lack of skill and sharpness, this is so so dull to watch. We look lazy, bored and clueless. Apart from the bright spark of Jozwiak and Byrne, it is actually quite sad to watch. 

Can't help feeling with a more positive attack minded manager, we would look a different team. 

If i was Ibe I'd be hightailing it out of talks with us. 

Archived