Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

We were much better but I genuinely don’t think Shinnie did anything wrong and think we’d have seen just as big an improvement in the second half with Sibley coming on for Rooney. 

Let’s be honest though this season at the minute feels like a death from 1000 cuts in terms of defensive howlers. 

Rooney sees creative passes much quicker. Has to start there for me. 

Just now, Anon said:

I just wish Cocu would stop being so negative during the first half. It's becoming a bit of a recurring theme for us to improve as the game wears on, but I think Cocu is still over estimating how complex the Championship actually is. Seriously Phil, you don't need to play 2 DMs for protection whilst you "figure out" Luton Town. At best we piss away 45 minutes, at worst we leave ourselves with a mountain to climb.

Agreed. Once we went on the offensive in the second half we got so much more joy. The first half was very lackluster. 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Not as painful as reading posts. This one looks like an explosion in a cliche factory. 

Posts are justified imo , plenty of people on here crying that we need more players yet angry emoji reacting to anyone that let's their frustration out on this thread which is what it made for every game lets be honest ( analysing and opinions on the game in question that day)

On the bright side...

The 2 cup games and 1st league game were awful... seriously, some of the worst football I've seen from Derby since 2007-08. This game was an improvement (although I'm still gutted). We've got a full week until we play again. Hopefully Jozwiak isn't injured... and fingers crossed we'll have Jordon Ibe and a new striker in for the next game.

10 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Well what would you call it then? Leave me alone. Been bullied all my life due to an unfortunate birth mark and now I'm continually brought up on here because of the use of one word! I'm ever so sorry my description of Derby appears to upset some. Everyone on here says we're rubbish, woeful, turgid, awful, embarrassing etc etc but they dont get tagged in every single thread. Even my grammar and vocabulary have been questioned. Thought this might be a safe place being as were all supposed to be Derby but you guys are nothing short of online bullies. ??. I'm outta here cos it's just not worth the upset anymore. Thanks a bunch. 

Don’t let any comments from others get you down @Xlor your opinions are as valid as anyone else’s. 
Keep on posting your thoughts, no one is right or wrong on here, keep your chin up ?????

Derby are boring as feck. 

1.3 goals pg. 

Action zones from lasy season show Derby to have the ball in the final third less than anyone else in the league

Today they sit third from bottom. 

Oh, but I think we're top for pass accuracy so that's good news. 

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We needed points from today.  You get the same amount of points beginning or end of the season so it's worrying we have lost against  two mid table to lower end sides as we are likely to be there ourselves this year. Bird needs to up his game for me.  He's had a fair bit of first team action and is starting to look like Butterfield light.  

Knight needs a go in midfield. We really need another forward, probably two .  If Marriott's out we have an issue. Two new players did ok and very good.  Hope the injury isn't to bad. Sibley needs letting off the leash a bit - he looks frustrated and there's a player there.

Forsyth is an issue for me, but we don't have many other options. 

Please start marking properly and not everything needs to be played out from the back- we don't have the players and it's so frustrating.  No point having young players if you don't use there asset which is energy above all else if the experience is lacking.

Iv said this previously about fozzy 

he’s become slow And predictable and the opposition play on him and his ability to gift the ball to them 

He did ok today I thought but in main we need better 

sadly least of our problems atm 

the manager needs to try getting his tactics right from the off then we might have a fighting chance instead of playing catch-up from half time onwards 

Forsyth is ducking shocking! 

Signing a new left back has to be the priority for me. 

Alright signing new attackers but when your defense is atrocious you won't get anywhere but league 1. I think we need a commanding centre back who can head every ball away, a new left back and a new striker. We won't be able to afford a winger as well so those are the 3 positions I'd prioritise. Don't rate Clarke, he's slow and poo on the ball, makes Keogh look like Baresi. I would Play Davies for the Blackburn game next to Te werik. 

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Can’t a horrible feeling Jozwiak is going to be out to for a while. Granted he walked off but noticed how he had to sit on the boards by the side of the pitch afterwards. Absolutely sickening.

Praying he was taken off as a precautionary measure, keeping ?????????????????? He has just had a slight knock. 
Hoping he and JM are both ok and ready for Blackburn

Other than a couple of defensive lapses we werent actually that bad. Created more than in recent weeks too.

Looked better 2nd half with Rooney dropping deep. Byrne & Jozwiak looked lively, Marriott got a much needed goal so hopefully his injury isnt too bad.

Yes on paper we have had very winnable games, nobody will deny that, but surely people must realise we would have got more from them and played better had we had a full team of players to choose from? No Lawrence Waghorn Rooney Jozwiak JHI until a couple played today. 

Dont get the Cocu out brigade at all, we need stability & we need pur players back plus a couple of signings. Also to note, Byrne & Jozwiak 2 of our better players - both actual Cocu signings, give the bloke a chance to build what he wants/needs.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

I just wish Cocu would stop being so negative during the first half. It's becoming a bit of a recurring theme for us to improve as the game wears on, but I think Cocu is still over estimating how complex the Championship actually is. Seriously Phil, you don't need to play 2 DMs for protection whilst you "figure out" Luton Town. At best we piss away 45 minutes, at worst we leave ourselves with a mountain to climb.

Why is it we can all see it 

the Luton ten commentators could see it 

Its so ducking obvious

I realise there’s an argument that says wear them down , wait til the spaces appear before openIng the game up but if ur 1 or 2 down at the break already it just playing catch-up 

as has been said it’s a recurring Theme So whatever he’s trying to do isn’t working 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Other than a couple of defensive lapses we werent actually that bad. Created more than in recent weeks too.

Looked better 2nd half with Rooney dropping deep. Byrne & Jozwiak looked lively, Marriott got a much needed goal so hopefully his injury isnt too bad.

Yes on paper we have had very winnable games, nobody will deny that, but surely people must realise we would have got more from them and played better had we had a full team of players to choose from? No Lawrence Waghorn Rooney Jozwiak JHI until a couple played today. 

Dont get the Cocu out brigade at all, we need stability & we need pur players back plus a couple of signings. Also to note, Byrne & Jozwiak 2 of our better players - both actual Cocu signings, give the bloke a chance to build what he wants/needs.

Genuine question 

opening 3 games against v v v winnable oppnenents 

what have positives have u seen bar letting kids get minutes on the pitch ? 

Archived