Nathan Byrne - Signed on a 2 year deal

Charlie George's header

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Four more signings and the outlook could be completely different.

-A striker to replace Martin

-A winger to replace Jozefzoon

-A midfielder to replace Rooney and provide a link between Bird and Sibley

-Jozwiak

Still of the opinion Jozwiak will be the marquee signing at £4-5m and the rest will be loans.

Here’s hoping for some good ones.

Would Bielik not be your man for this?

Bird sitting with Krystian having license to make forward runs with the ball?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I want it known, that I have it on very good authority, that we are very close to signing Nathan Byrne. No likes necessary. I only post information when I am pretty confident as to its credibility.

Back of the net. If there is not an I-Ramisgod poster on here in the next 24 hours I will be seriously disappointed.

Don't know why, but really excited by this addition, 3 offensive signings to compete with what we've got, and I reckon we could do it this year, noce to see cocu starting to put his print on the team, actually not been as excited over a project at dcfc for a long time ????

Marshall

Byrne     MTW      Clarke        Buchannan/Fozzy

Bird              Rooney

Jozwiak                   Sibley                    Lawrence

Marriott/New Striker

all of a sudden starts to look decent going forward

Excellent news!!!!

I'm a huge fan of Wisdom, I think he is a very good player and now we also have Byrne! Two great options at RB. Not too disappointed at Bogle leaving so much and wish him all the best.

Really hoping Kamil joins very soon and a new Striker, things are already looking up for next season along with when Waggy/Bielik/Lawrence are back and fit. Things are looking up!

Some positivity for you ?(I know some on here don't like such things!)

Great signing. Something tells me the mistakes of the past are well and truly behind us now. And what better mentor could Festy have than a model professional like Byrne. Maybe not the marquee type deal them lot up the road like but I'm as chuffed with as any bit of business we've done in recent times. 

Well played Derby, well played! ?

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

-Jozwiak

Still of the opinion Jozwiak will be the marquee signing at £4-5m and the rest will be loans.

Oh no, who’s Rooney signing for? 

4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Would Bielik not be your man for this?

Bird sitting with Krystian having license to make forward runs with the ball?

Sure. You’d possibly be looking for either Holmes or Bielik to do the job.

But neither of them can stay fit for a solid length of time, só it’s hard to imagine them being starters and key figures.

That’s why I’d be looking to bring someone in.

31 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

-Jozwiak

We have that midfielder his name is Bielik 

25 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Sure. You’d possibly be looking for either Holmes or Bielik to do the job.

But neither of them can stay fit for a solid length of time, só it’s hard to imagine them being starters and key figures.

That’s why I’d be looking to bring someone in.

Surely not an urgency right now though? I think Rooney will be phased out this season as his final season progresses and he moves on to a full-time coaching role.

Bielik is coming back from a long-term serious injury. As Derby County fans we are all very familiar with ACL injuries, and the further problems that can occur as a player starts playing again. It’s a huge benefit that we don’t have to rush Bielik back, and he can eventually take Rooney’s place.

Bird & Bielik in our system is going to be hard to improve in this league. We don’t know what our circumstances will be come the end of the season, therefore signing someone now could make that player redundant and a pointless signing.

Providing Jozwiak signs, all I think we Will need is a right sided winger and a big striker who can offer us something different  than Marriott or Waghorn can, then we’re set for a very good season.

Just now, Kernow said:

Surely not an urgency right now though? I think Rooney will be phased out this season as his final season progresses and he moves on to a full-time coaching role.

Bielik is coming back from a long-term serious injury. As Derby County fans we are all very familiar with ACL injuries, and the further problems that can occur as a player starts playing again. It’s a huge benefit that we don’t have to rush Bielik back, and he can eventually take Rooney’s place.

Bird & Bielik in our system is going to be hard to improve in this league. We don’t know what our circumstances will be come the end of the season, therefore signing someone now could make that player redundant and a pointless signing.

Providing Jozwiak signs, all I think we Will need is a right sided winger and a big striker who can offer us something different  than Marriott or Waghorn can, then we’re set for a very good season.

I am not talking about a permanent signing because we obviously can’t afford it. Jozwiak will be the big money signing.

I expect the majority of our business moving forward to be loan signings, and one of those (for me) would be a midfielder.

Bielik is still injured and could easily break down again or have another setback. Holmes’s luck with injuries follows a similar pattern. So I don’t see how these two (despite their talents) can be viewed as key players until they can prove they can stay fit on a consistent basis. And then finally Rooney and Shinnie should be squad players, dropping in when needed.

Archived