Nathan Byrne - Signed on a 2 year deal

Charlie George's header

No idea on the fee, but on Wigan’s end they seem to be saying about 750k.

That’s excellent value for money for what we’re getting and Wigan are rightfully annoyed that they’re losing yet another for cheap.

I’d say if we’re comparing Bogle & Byrne for this coming season, then we’re probably upgrading. Obviously Bogle has loads more potential and will be a lot better, however for right now we’ve got an extremely similar player with bags more experience.

Great addition for us, our defence is looking so much stronger than last season.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

good player and welcome addition.

I do think we should have a conversation with Wigan about players we could loan them (with a loan fee involved) we must have youngsters that would benefit from being with them as well as others such as Flojo that would help them out.

I do feel a bit of 'there but for the grace of god go I' and feel for them and their fans

sorry this should have read without a loan fee involved 

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

That’s excellent value for money for what we’re getting and Wigan are rightfully annoyed that they’re losing yet another for cheap.

I’d say if we’re comparing Bogle & Byrne for this coming season, then we’re probably upgrading. Obviously Bogle has loads more potential and will be a lot better, however for right now we’ve got an extremely similar player with bags more experience.

Great addition for us, our defence is looking so much stronger than last season.

Playing a Sheff Utd here. Due to their situation, I wouldn't be surprised if it was even lower.

9 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I do think we should have a conversation with Wigan about players we could loan them

Agreed... and if they want a replacement for Byrne, then getting Festy out there for a season would be ideal. From what I've seen of them both, they are very very similar players. Could be a good destination for JHI too. They've only really got Joe Garner as a recognised CF at the minute, so would get plenty of game time.

1 minute ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Agreed... and if they want a replacement for Byrne, then getting Festy out there for a season would be ideal. From what I've seen of them both, they are very very similar players. Could be a good destination for JHI too. They've only really got Joe Garner as a recognised CF at the minute, so would get plenty of game time.

Yeah - it would be good to see us help Wigan out. Unfortunately, football is a cut throat business and the likes of Ebosele and Hector-Ingram will probably need loan fees. 

I guess we could've cut a deal with Ebosele going the other way for the year. Hector-Ingram could do with some first team football now too. Not sure what he learns playing in the U23s again, although I suspect that depends on us getting another striker in. 

6 minutes ago, inter politics said:

The only hesitation (and other clubs might have too) is do you want young players having to deal with all that mess around them at the moment. You can harden up young players with some adversity but you can also break them too.

good point, but I feel we need to help them in some way

Just now, inter politics said:

Stated heights and weights are often wrong (particularly in American sports) but apparently 1.80m - 5'11?

That is definitely wrong.

image.png.0675e51647fda5c2d7a6d382d84eb645.png

He's going to give Duane Holmes a run for his money in the height stakes.

27 minutes ago, Kernow said:

£10m for Bogle; <£1m for Byrne and looking at their numbers there won't be a noticeable change in quality in the short term while we wait for Ebosele to be ready to step up.

1 minute ago, GrimsbyRam said:

I agree and I know there was a suggestion of whether we should let one of our younger players go their - they are in for a tough season and it would be morale sapping for them

Sadly it could really effect any youngsters that go there. In for a tough relegation battle next season so none of it will be smooth sailing. Be good to get Ebosele, Mitchell-Lawson, Brown etc out on loan to a team that’ll play them week in week out though. 

44 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

good player and welcome addition.

I do think we should have a conversation with Wigan about players we could loan them (with a loan fee involved) we must have youngsters that would benefit from being with them as well as others such as Flojo that would help them out.

I do feel a bit of 'there but for the grace of god go I' and feel for them and their fans

That would be a nice gesture & could be very useful to give them league experience.

On the flipside, if things are so bad at Wigan it has the potential to knock a young players confidence if Wigan are getting battered every week

* looks like i'm not the 1st person to think that, oops

Archived