Nathan Byrne - Signed on a 2 year deal

Charlie George's header

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is good news.

With both Lowe and Bogle leaving, we couldn’t afford not to sign a full back.

It’s good to see we have addressed it very quickly.

You can’t fault our incoming business so far. Marshall, Te Wierik, Byrne and Clarke are all astute signings for a club in our position.

However we really should have made sorting out the attack the first priority as soon as talks with Martin broke down.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

This is good news.

You can’t fault our incoming business so far. Marshall, Te Wierik, Byrne and Clarke are all astute signings for a club in our position.

However we really should have made sorting out the attack the first priority as soon as talks with Martin broke down.

The Lord Brian said build your teams from the back ?

I am sure that we have attackers in mind but they are always the hardest to find and buy 

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

This is good news.

I think attack has been our priority, if I'm honest - its what Cocu's been saying he wants to strengthen since the end of last season. But I suspect all of Cocu's targets are not as easy to get in that area as those we've signed.

Te Wierik was already here; Clarke was a pretty easy loan move (I imagine he wanted to come back) and both Marshall and Byrne have come from a club in admin who are basically accepting every offer they get, and all players want out. 

Four more signings and the outlook could be completely different.

-A striker to replace Martin

-A winger to replace Jozefzoon

-A midfielder to replace Rooney and provide a link between Bird and Sibley

-Jozwiak

Still of the opinion Jozwiak will be the marquee signing at £4-5m and the rest will be loans.

Here’s hoping for some good ones.

Archived