Nathan Byrne - Signed on a 2 year deal

Charlie George's header

13 minutes ago, roboto said:

The defensive stats are good, but is that because he was identified as a weak point in Wigan's defence by opposition teams and they focussed more attacks that side? Is it because Wigan didn't offer much of a threat down the right side at all so teams exploited that? Or is he just bloody brilliant?

They had Anthonee Robinson, perhaps the best full back in this league, on the left, so there is a good possibility rb was targeted. 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Srg said:

5ft 10, I think, but he's 32 and ex Forest.

I know, decent in the air though and whilst we have few options at centre forward but like I said only if we couldn’t get better in 

33 minutes ago, inter politics said:

One year but lately the club have been less forthcoming in regards to information relating to club or player options.

Well in the new covid reality of the championship he needs to sign an extension ( lower terms no doubt) or he needs selling and maybe in this transfer window as we can’t keep letting allour signings leave for nothing 

51 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

They had Anthonee Robinson, perhaps the best full back in this league, on the left, so there is a good possibility rb was targeted. 

Best full back in the league? Why aren't we signing him then? Get him in the building...or has he gone elsewhere and we've missed out?

1 minute ago, Patrick Rams said:

Best full back in the league? Why aren't we signing him then? Get him in the building...or has he gone elsewhere and we've missed out?

I thought he had Signed for AC Milan in January, but he's still there. Alot of prem clubs in for him so would cost about 15mill or more. 

My good mate is/was a season ticket holder at Wigan he said Byrne is a brilliant player and is surprised no bigger teams have come in for him maybe it’s his age but he was saying he’s the most consistent performer at Wigan and will be a brilliant signing for the rams

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Really good coup this, Cocu clearly wanted to strengthen the defence and I think he’s done just that, added a good keeper that will bring experience and hopefully confidence to the back line, I think we will be much more solid

Marshal;
Byrne, Kipre, Dunkley, Robinson 

It was their defence and goalkeeper last year. We've taken two. Two have gone to the Premier League. Dunkley to the Owls. They didn't concede many goals, though, so arguably very underrated as a unit due to with how their season ended. 

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

£10m for Bogle; <£1m for Byrne and looking at their numbers there won't be a noticeable change in quality in the short term while we wait for Ebosele to be ready to step up.

I recommended Byrne a few years back he’s better than Bogle and going forward is a proper menace ...quick ...good work rate ...what’s not to like ....a bargain dare I say it ?

Archived