Leeds United Premier League Adventures

Day

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Good,

I felt like the whole world was going mad when they went up, being praised as a “massive” club and smoke being blown up their arse. Backed where they belonged and all that nonsense. 

bielsa had them playing above their level for one season, they got found out in the 2nd season and have been terrible since. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in league 1 again soon

My experience from knowing a few Leeds fans is that they have a Bielsa shaped cloud still over that club, which has only intensified after a poor appointment in Marsch. I think it’ll hang over them for a while yet, there’s quite a bit of unrest aimed at the owners (not undeserved) and the squad still needs an overhaul like it did last year. Bielsa was a great appointment, he got a feel good factor back at Elland Road and thousands of fans returned and gained interest in the club. But there was always a price to pay for that appointment, they held on too long and didn’t really have a long term plan for the club without Bielsa. A lot of those that came back because of Bielsa aren’t going to stay around for Leeds as they are now. Managers like him are great when the going is good but they leave you no legacy, nothing to build and unmotivated footballers. We did it with Billy Davies with the lost disastrous effect, other clubs have done it with managers like Redknapp (bit more successful, but it’s what he leaves behind).