Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said something silly and has been punished, I’m just surprised it took this long before one of them put their foot in it one way or another. Negativity bias can often lead to a bad place!

The pile in on social media is totally unacceptable though. He’s lost his job, that’s an adequate punishment, so people should lay off........it’s done!

On a different note It’ll be interesting to see who RD get in. I may even start listening again!

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be honest I'm feeling for the bloke. Put into context if he said this in your normal everyday workplace it's certainly not right and could result in dismissal. . But the vitriol he's getting on social media is awful .  As far as I can gather from his time on air his two best mates in football are Paul Williams and Darren Moore who seem to regard him very highly.  I would be more interested in there viewpoint than someone elses with no real knowledge of him as a person.

I think his weekly co-commentating efforts havent endeared him to a lot of people which hasnt helped his cause this time.I am also amazed nothing has been said of Dawes saying Huddersfied players couldbnt be arsed to mess around taking a free kick 

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

The reality is, everybody is a racist to a certain extent.

This was first brought to my attention by one of my favorite authors, Malcolm Gladwell.

Who, for those of you who don't know, has a Jamaican mother. He failed the test.

And you will too.

It was started by Harvard University years and years ago and is still used to gather data.

Take it and see if you too are racist.

In no way am I using this to support Ramage, or racism. 

I'm just saying things are more complicated than we like to sometimes believe. 

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American children and European American children.

did I fail?

23 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American children and European American children.

did I fail?

My data?

Do you mean the data of the worlds leading academics who study the field?

If so, take it up with them as I'm sure you can advise them of their shortcomings and they'll be suitably grateful. 

Well now that Ramage has gone maybe the ‘DCFC Fans Forum Soviet’ can form a committee to ensure that they get to pick a pundit who says nothing whatsoever that is critical of the club and players and can spin a dull as dishwater performance into a great result. That seems to be what some of you on here want. 

8 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Well now that Ramage has gone maybe the ‘DCFC Fans Forum Soviet’ can form a committee to ensure that they get to pick a pundit who says nothing whatsoever that is critical of the club and players and can spin a dull as dishwater performance into a great result. That seems to be what some of you on here want. 

What we want is someone that adds value to a debate instead of someone who is to be blunt well below the required standard of a football pundit even on local radio.

He's a passionate guy but that's about it. In terms of the content he produces it is not good.

Compare his output to that of Etic Steele. Night and day.

11 hours ago, Owd miner said:

I dunt agree wi wor he said but two players broke law , could ha killed innocent people early in season..but they kept their jobs and played next match... nah I dunt care too much fer spamage but really? Lose his job cause of a comment .. nah he ain't sharpest tool but come on .... smacks a bit of double standards from DCFC.. just mi opinion mi owds 

He is not employed by DCFC so how can it be double standards by them ? DCFC are rightly supporting their employees

There’s a lot of loud people on here very critical (rightly so) of what Ramage said but I’d imagine based on experience of living in the area that there’s just as big of a crowd staying silent and not really thinking what he said was all that wrong. 

We live in an age where Souness is allowed to pile in on Pogba every weekend even when he isn’t playing and let’s be honest, it wouldn’t happen if he looked different... 

We live in a country where top politicians, most noticeably, our actual PM can say things as bad as this with no repercussions. 

Ramage is a symptom of a systematically and often subconsciously (sometimes very consciously) racist western world. A lot of people will find offence with this because they themselves are not racist but that doesn’t mean the systems we live in are not. If you’re unsure whether what I’m saying about this country is true then I’d ask you, would you be comfortable growing up as an Asian or black young male in this country? 

Going back to Ramage, I don’t believe he’s a racist. I believe he’s ignorant and I don’t think that’s a good enough excuse in this day and age but I don’t think he’d say something like that if he knew what he was really suggesting with those words. I hope he’s able to find work after this but I do think his privilege of being paid to talk about football should probably be lost. 

I actually liked Ramage as a broadcaster. I don't think he was overly negative, just said what he was thinking. I liked that he allowed some of his personality to come through. 

He also had a point about Bogle needing to get back to doing the things he was doing last season - closing down, early crossing, busting a gut to get blocks in etc. The stuff about Max Bird was wrong though. 

I hope Craig Ramage gets through this OK. In most jobs there are things you can do which will get you fired instantly. For a broadcaster, being openly racist in public is one of those things. He had to go and has no defence. Assuming he isn't actually a closet Nazi, I wish him well for the future. 

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

There’s a lot of loud people on here very critical (rightly so) of what Ramage said but I’d imagine based on experience of living in the area that there’s just as big of a crowd staying silent and not really thinking what he said was all that wrong. 

We live in an age where Souness is allowed to pile in on Pogba every weekend even when he isn’t playing and let’s be honest, it wouldn’t happen if he looked different... 

We live in a country where top politicians, most noticeably, our actual PM can say things as bad as this with no repercussions. 

Ramage is a symptom of a systematically and often subconsciously (sometimes very consciously) racist western world. A lot of people will find offence with this because they themselves are not racist but that doesn’t mean the systems we live in are not. If you’re unsure whether what I’m saying about this country is true then I’d ask you, would you be comfortable growing up as an Asian or black young male in this country? 

Going back to Ramage, I don’t believe he’s a racist. I believe he’s ignorant and I don’t think that’s a good enough excuse in this day and age but I don’t think he’d say something like that if he knew what he was really suggesting with those words. I hope he’s able to find work after this but I do think his privilege of being paid to talk about football should probably be lost. 

Deleted.

Not the right thread for discussing.

9 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Or just someone who doesn't summarise one counter attack that ends in a 30 yard shot as Derby being cut wide open over and over and living dangerously

Or when Tom Ince hits the bar v Birmingham and Chris Martin hits a shot from 10 yards wide and Birmingham have one long range effort, it's not summarised at HT with Derby have created nothing and Birmingham look more likely because "I've got a feeling". Then Derby win the game. 

Or last time I ran the 90 mins back with their commentary was when Derby absolutely battered Cardiff at home. Chance after chance. They scored from two corners and went 2-0 up. 

If you hadn't had the benefit of seeing it then you would be told about pointless sideways passing and Cardiff defending well. That they deserve their lead and have come with a gameplan. In truth the only reason Cardiff weren't down by a handful was for our finishing and not their defending. Their counter attack was woeful and it was 2 good corners they scored from. And the game finished 2-2. 

He was hopeless at giving any fair reflection of the game. Hopeless. If the opponent doesn't score an attack then Derby are lucky. If Derby don't score one then it's good defending or crap play. 

I love a good moan but he is the type of bloke that turns up to his own football team ready to be let down, frustrated before kick off and cries at the first misplaced pass

9 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Really? From what I have seen most want the game explained in a professional manner, without hyper childish hyperbolic. Without the needless arguing, or "banter", that is about as funny as my 2 children arguing who is playing on their Nintendo switch next. Also someone who doesn't make up words, and gets words muddled up. If we are playing poorly then fine, we are playing poorly, people don't want it sugar coating, but there is saying what we are doing wrong and there is hyperbolling everything. In fact I used to annoy me just as much when he used to say we are gonna score a hateful here today based off 2 minutes good play. It was so disrespectful to the other team, and cringe worthy. 

Eric Steele has been the name I have seen the most that people want. Does that mean you think Eric is as dull as dish water?

Also I would say that most wouldn't care who had said what Craig said and would expect a similar outcome. Look at Graham Richards, not many kicked up a fuss about why he was sacked.

Who is in this DCFC Fans Forum Soviet? That's totally disrespectful to other posters, just because they have a different opinion to yours. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Look at Graham Richards, not many kicked up a fuss about why he was sacked.

Graham Richards wasnt sacked was he?

9 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

So is Ed Dawes, who I presume Max Lowe is referring to as the public service broadcaster, suffering from severe squeaky bum right now? 

I take it you mean from this comment within Max Lowe's Instagram Statement?...

"I am also disappointed that a public service broadcaster did not step in to ask the analyst to explain his reasoning or to distance themselves from these archaic thoughts.

I took that the "public service broadcaster" he refers to is the BBC as a whole, as it appears they hadn't done so ("Step in") at that stage, but have since?

Archived