Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hes being racist and he will be punished for that.

I'll ask you the same question, if he had referred to the players he was questioning by name and they were all black what do you think the reaction would have been?

Probably the similar reaction we see on most topics - some saying he was right to question Bogles' attitude and not Lowe or vice versa or both of them - a whole cross-section of opinions. But he didn't so it's hypothetical - never happened that way.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

This isn’t some bloke on minimum wage who needs the job to feed his kids. He’s one of many ex-footballers lucky enough to find a career after the game in punditry, it’s a really privileged and influential position.

What has how much someone earns got to do with whether he is entitled to a second chance or not or indeed what has how much he earns have anything to do at all with this 

You've made it patently obvious that you don't think he should be given a second chance so no point in furthering this 

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Probably the similar reaction we see on most topics - some saying he was right to question Bogles' attitude and not Lowe or vice versa or both of them - a whole cross-section of opinions. But he didn't so it's hypothetical - never happened that way.

Yeah maybe 

1 minute ago, Tarantism said:

I would think that top of the list of "don'ts" as a radio broadcaster is "don't say a racist thing". 

If you can't get avoid doing that you probably aren't cut out for the job... 

yeah but I would have thought saying stuff like ‘piccaninnies' with 'watermelon smiles' and gay men as being 'bumboys' would mean you’re probably not cut out for being PM but here we are.

Sad to see this sort of thing creeping back into society. 

One of the drawbacks of being a whinging gobshite is that you just don't know when to shut up. 

Him and Dawes are always working each other up into a frenzy. Was only a matter of time before their nonsense maxed out. 

Maybe now is the time to introduce some chill to the pathetic squealing that goes on. 

Might even be able to listen again one day if Steele comes in to stop Dawes crying about a free kick for fifteen minutes

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

What a fool Ramage. If he is a proper racist, then good riddance. If he hasn't got a racist bone in his body and is at a loss to why he chose those words, then feel a bit sorry for him.

If he had carefully considered his words, written them in an article for an editor to allow to be published and used phrases like 'watermelon smiles' to mock black people, then he could be our next primeminister.

We are all livid when a minor celebrity says something stupid and seemingly out of character. But when a fat, posh liar regularly says much worse, we all freakin vote for him.

The double standard are all ours. We don't really care. Get Ramage done.

Not all of us voted for him.

5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Can't believe people are saying losing his job is a step too far. Unreal. 

I think if there'd been some kind of immediate retraction or apology then there might have been more sympathy, but when you wait until the the whole thing has gone viral, there's only going to be one outcome.

I also think that a direct apology to the lads might have been appropriate too, rather than just an upload to a Twitter account he has allegedly never used. 

Can’t be ducked to read through all of this so sorry if it’s already been said.

Ramage has obviously done a bad, made a awful comment in which has ultimately cost him his job.

I want to make a link to the suicide of Caroline Flack, this may be controversial or whatever but...

People have cited the concept of being famous, doing bits etc and then a mistake happens, you lose your job, and then getting media outlets and social media keyboard warriors pooping all over you as a reason for the detriment of Caroline’s mental health.

The same thing here is happening with Ramage from what I have seen online; 

He was top dog on a tuesday night/saturday afternoon on radio Derby providing commentary for thousands, made a terrible comment which is obviously hugely disgraced and has now lost his job in the space of around 29 hours.

Now he’s being abused on social media etc.

Obviously people deal with poo differently but I hope to god Craig is a strong man.

I know he won’t be forgiven for his comment by many but please think before you type..

all the best.

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I think if there'd been some kind of immediate retraction or apology then there might have been more sympathy, but when you wait until the the whole thing has gone viral, there's only going to be one outcome.

I also think that a direct apology to the lads might have been appropriate too, rather than just an upload to a Twitter account he has allegedly never used. 

I agree, the first thing I would have done is contact the lads myself and apologise fully for my stupidity and unintentional racism (lets assume he is not an actual racist).

They must know him and met him in and around the club so a genuine grovelling apology directly to them would have taken the sting out of it you would of thought.

Archived