Max Lowe Racial Stereotyping

DarkFruitsRam7

1 minute ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

You are either totally missing the point or are on the wind up.

Yeah must be totally missing the point.

His use of the word black is the problem.

So if he had come out and said Bogle, Lowe and Whittaker have attitude problems, what would the reaction have been do you think? I think he would have been called racist.

My point was I have no idea which players at Derby potentially have an attitude problem so I have no idea if he is right calling them out for it.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Pity you don't show the same level of sympathy towards Bogle and Lowe

I thought I had?

I thought I said the comments were not acceptable?

I thought I said both were justified with their response to him mentioning their colour?

I have no idea if he is justified in questioning their attitude. Cocu seemed to agree with the questioning of Bogles attitude.

19 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Excuse me @Srg........but used to?........used to!!!!.........used to!!!!.......

"Thank you for taking your time reading this - in a world where you can be anything, be kind"..........

Here's our wonderful Craig Bryson being kind to that wonderful fella from Celtic today.......

image.jpeg

That was quite comical. Bryson gently brushed the madman when trotting back towards his own half and Brown reacted as though he'd clattered into him on purpose. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So if he had come out and said Bogle, Lowe and Whittaker have attitude problems, what would the reaction have been do you think? I think he would have been called racist.

My point was I have no idea which players at Derby potentially have an attitude problem so I have no idea if he is right calling them out for it.

You have no idea if he is right for calling "all the young black lads" out for it? 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought I had?

I thought I said the comments were not acceptable?

I thought I said both were justified with their response to him mentioning their colour?

I have no idea if he is justified in questioning their attitude. Cocu seemed to agree with the questioning of Bogles attitude.

It’s irrelevant whether he’s right about their attitude or not.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You have no idea if he is right for calling "all the young black lads" out for it? 

Yep, but as previously explained I dont think he was calling all the young black lads out, I think he was referring to Bogle and Lowe as that is what the conversation was about.

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yeah, outrageous that a radio presenter who used racial stereotypes has been held accountable. What's next? A ban on public lynchings? Slippery slope this is...

#mobruleatitsworst

Assume you wanted Keogh, Bennett and Lawrence all sacked?

The main problem with Ramage's comment is that he thought it before he made it.

He shouldn't need to have to say it, then be told that it's wrong, then think about it, then apologise.

The public's BBC should have acted quicker to make it clear that they do not accept racism. Comments about how it was broadcast aren't the point.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

His use of the word black isn’t the problem at all. His use of the word “all” is the problematic part, the latter suggests racial bias, not the former 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Assume you wanted Keogh, Bennett and Lawrence all sacked?

I think they all deserved to be sacked and would have understood if it had happened. Perhaps you might want to read my posts regarding that matter before reverting to your typically snide BS.

5 minutes ago, curb said:

It’s irrelevant whether he’s right about their attitude or not.

Hes being racist and he will be punished for that.

I'll ask you the same question, if he had referred to the players he was questioning by name and they were all black what do you think the reaction would have been?

Hes being racist and he will be punished for that.

I'll ask you the same question, if he had referred to the players he was questioning by name and they were all black what do you think the reaction would have been?

None whatsoever, obviously. 

1 minute ago, 1967RAMS said:

His use of the word black isn’t the problem at all. His use of the word “all” is the problematic part, the latter suggests racial bias, not the former 

Agreed. 

I actually didnt realise he has used the word ALL and was about to challenge @SaintRam on it.

Having looked back at the quotes on here I can see the word ALL but I would like to hear the piece again before passing judgement.

Agreed. 

I actually didnt realise he has used the word ALL and was about to challenge @SaintRam on it.

Having looked back at the quotes on here I can see the word ALL but I would like to hear the piece again before passing judgement.

Listen then and educate  

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So much for some of the sentiments on here about redemption and giving someone a second chance that appears to be that 

This isn’t some bloke on minimum wage who needs the job to feed his kids. He’s one of many ex-footballers lucky enough to find a career after the game in punditry, it’s a really privileged and influential position.

Why should he keep that job and be given a second chance when he’s said something like that on the air? There’s hundreds and hundreds of people doing a job exactly like his across the country every day and they manage to make it through a broadcast without saying something racist, why would he be let off?  

You don’t enjoy such a privileged and influential position without consequences. You’re not entitled to a second chance because you’re not entitled to that job. Why give that job to the bloke who’s racially profiled Derby players when there so many ex-players just like Ramage who haven’t/won’t make a mistake like that?

Archived