v Stoke (H) - Matchday thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Reasonably well? Don't get too carried away with your praise will you. I thought everyone had a good game tonight 

I think he's had better games to be honest. Not his best since he broke through.

He's clearly getting better and better though and that's really exciting.

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

what the actual feck just happened......??

"4-0 and you still don't sing" they said. 

I'm not sure whether that's entirely accurate but it can be difficult to sing with a huuuuge smug ducking smile beaming across our victorious faces. 

Apologise to them Utch, mate. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

"4-0 and you still don't sing" they said. 

I'm not sure whether that's entirely accurate but it can be difficult to sing with a huuuuge smug ducking smile beaming across our victorious faces. 

Apologise to them Utch, mate. 

Will do Alpha, I lost the power of speech when Wazzer curled that beauty in....

I missed two separate work do's tonight but I was determined to see this game against stoke with my son....I primarily work with stokies so I was desperate for a good result...

And what a result and performance it was.....four Fantastic goals,Waggers,my boy Martins brilliant shot,an awesome free kick and what a strike by Bogle.

What a night...loved all of it.

I've been out tonight then got in and watched Grantchester.

Stayed up to watch the Brexit show.

Heard the result at 1030 'Derby County thrashed Stoke City 4-0. Wayne Rooney scored Derby's 3rd goal' and I thought 'Blast, I had the Rams to win 2-1 with Rooney as FRGS!

Am I becoming one of those grumpy old men!?

PS if the Rams have the highest home points with 32 is their away point tally of 8 the lowest in this division?

Most professional performance of the season. Everyone was great tonight. We were great out of possession and we blocked crosses. We pressed and worked hard for each other. Clarke was heading everything, Hamer assured, Lawrence put in a proper shift, Holmes quality, Fozzy was solid, Rooney was another level. Created space, created opportunities. He really is a cut above anything in this division. 

Cocu’s substitution allowed Bogle to get forward to score as well. That was a properly good team display. 

Well done to all on the pitch tonight, I had little to no faith after Tuesdays game, If you want it you can produce it, One game doesn't make a Summer, See off the Cobblers and there's still a season to play for.

A nice weekend is on it's way, Lets make it a nice week aye Dance Reaction GIF by moodman

6 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

I've been out tonight then got in and watched Grantchester.

Stayed up to watch the Brexit show.

Heard the result at 1030 'Derby County thrashed Stoke City 4-0. Wayne Rooney scored Derby's 3rd goal' and I thought 'Blast, I had the Rams to win 2-1 with Rooney as FRGS!

Am I becoming one of those grumpy old men!?

I’d say you’re an old man who doesn’t have sky sports mate. ?

What a cracking performance from the whole team and 4 of the best goals both in finish and build up play.

Fozzy bust a gut to get that pull back, touch from Lawrence and a brave diving header from Waggy

Waggy starting a move with some deft control and a neat pass, delicious bursting run from Holmes, sweet lay off to Chrissy Martin one foot to the other .. bang .. roof of the net

Rooooney .. that was a free kick from a maestro. Simply magical.

Jaydon Bogle - who had been a rampaging bull through the potteries all night -  left a pair of broken Wedgwood statues in bits with a strike so clean, hard and accurate there was that millisecond pause before the roar that great goals always have.

i am a big Holmes fan and he deserved his MOTM but a special mention for Fozzy, Ince got nothing, that set up for the goal was great and he personified the drive and perseverance that ran through the team. He looks fitter and stronger than he has for a long time. 

Hamer looked confident all game and his punched clearance late on was brilliantly judged. 

Rooney, what can you say ? Passing accuracy and range, the way he spots runners, calmness on the ball. Ha ha - he’s wearing black and white and hitting the top corner. Happy days. 

keep it up lads, we need some more of the same ... and wow Phil gave everyone a wave 

Archived