v Stoke (H) - Matchday thread

OohMartWright

Loved every second of that, so many great performances, for me Rooney was just pure class, and Forsyth had Ince in his pocket all game, all good goals, and looked a team, I think we can see give Cocu time, and he will get the job done, loved Rooney's free kick, and Bogle hitting the 4th was pure heaven, get the away performances right, then watch the mighty Rams go, why are some Stoke fans such ducking idiots, would love to see them drop down to division 1. 

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a difference from Tuesday, I was telling the dog to duck off for looking at me funny on Tuesday, but today he's getting patted on the head after some outragous farts. It's a good job the kid's haven't worked out now would be a great time to ask to borrow money or I'd be in FFP trouble.

There were no bad performances, I'm pleased Wisdom has found some form again, and Rooney seems to be having a good influence on the kids. Lawrence looks like he's playing for the team and not just himself, a bit more awareness and better decision making and he could live up to his potential.

7 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

It looks like I'll be all alone watching this one, on a Friday night, when some of the locals will stare aimlessly at the big screens in the pub showing Partick Thistle v Ayr Utd on BBC Scotland, whilst I'm all alone sat at a table for one, looking at the smallest TV, if I'm that lucky!, showing the Derby County v Stoke City game on Sky TV.

I'll be sat there all alone, wondering why the team I love, are about to fail to turn up again to play Stoke City. I can't remember the last time we gave them a proper doing, did we go to their place and knock them out of a cup? seems a distant memory.

Anyway it's a Friday night and the young kids of today will be out smiling, laughing and joking and enjoying being so young and free in Ma Cameron's pub in Aberdeen 

I'll be sat in the corner, on my own, starring into my pint, wondering, why, oh why............

But then again I could be whistling like a good un, getting down with the kids and Shawn Mendes and skipping out the bar.........

C'mon Derby let @uttoxram75 and all the rest of us whistle all the way home and all week at work!

Tom Ince, Danny Higginbottom, Rory Delap...............never be alone!......

I was, and I loved every second of it! I wasn't lucky in Ma Cameron's pub, the little telly was turned off, so I popped along on my own, to the Tripple Kirks pub, a student pub, and was surrounded by young students dressed up as golfers, playing a drinking game of golf. I was all alone, the only person looking at the big screen with Sky Sports on, and celebrating on my own as the goals went in was me.

No sound on the telly, music on instead, so I didn't have to listen to the commentary, so I could make my own mind up, on what I saw, and I thought we were brilliant. We controlled the game, the only sad bit, was I left after 60 minutes to go and see Peat & Diesel but I did meet up with @2tups and @Rampian at the Lemon Tree, so I didn't have the pleasure of shouting 4 at all the students to see if they ducked!

Had a sing a long to this............with a big smile on my face...........you can all whistle along if you like!

Enjoy your week at work @uttoxram75. Up The Rams.

Hamer - dealt with what he needed to do 

Bogle - great goal son 

wisdom - solid 

Clarke - decent 

Forsyth - what a brilliant signing for Derby by clough - assist from full back and had Ince in his pocket 

bird - very steady 

Rooney - very decent and a top free kick 

Holmes - used his pace to embarrass the stoke midfielders - well done 

waghorn - played in his best team position scored a good goal well done 

Martin - no surprise that our best game of the season happened with him starting - great left foot goal

Lawrence - he plays better when Martin starts  - he really does 

subs - Shinnie - never really got a kick 

Davies  - steady 

marriott - never really involved 

stoke - lots of multi million pound. Players who were on a decent run ran into Derby’s best performance of the season 

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yep and he's asked us all t thank you for your invaluable pointers over the last few weeks. Said he could never have done it without your steadfast support and considered advice. This one's for you Justa ?

For all your sarcasm , its a real question ..... nobody knows if Cocu will stick with or learn from a winning combination cos he changes things so often.

5 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Who’d have thought it? Our best deadline day signings are not from Leicester, Peterborough or even Holland. They are from 2014.

Welcome to Derby, Craig Forsyth and Chris Martin.

CF has been superb throughout. CM hasn’t done as much, but that finish was vintage. Never a doubt in his mind that he was going to bury it.

And still we dine off nigels signings 

i wish from pure curiosity we had given Nigel Clements money.

just from the pure fantasist idea of it where and what that might have gotten us 

who knows good or bad 

41 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Tom Ince, Danny Higginbottom, Rory Delap...............never be alone!......

I was, and I loved every second of it! I wasn't lucky in Ma Cameron's pub, the little telly was turned off, so I popped along on my own, to the Tripple Kirks pub, a student pub, and was surrounded by young students dressed up as golfers, playing a drinking game of golf. I was all alone, the only person looking at the big screen with Sky Sports on, and celebrating on my own as the goals went in was me.

No sound on the telly, music on instead, so I didn't have to listen to the commentary, so I could make my own mind up, on what I saw, and I thought we were brilliant. We controlled the game, the only sad bit, was I left after 60 minutes to go and see Peat & Diesel but I did meet up with @2tups and @Rampian at the Lemon Tree, so I didn't have the pleasure of shouting 4 at all the students to see if they ducked!

Had a sing a long to this............with a big smile on my face...........you can all whistle along if you like!

Enjoy your week at work @uttoxram75. Up The Rams.

Never get bored of your enthusiasm mate. Rivals b4. And that’s the way we do it and that’s the way We do it and that’s the way we do it in the Western Isles..spirit of John o’Hare.

Still think Boydie is Craig Bryson.

Well that was a very very welcome result after the transfer window disappointment. The players showed exactly the action that was needed after Tuesday night. The first game this season where we’ve truly, truly dominated proceedings imo, and the perfect model for what we should be aiming for all of our performances to match. Some of the football we played was a joy to watch. Almost all of the goals started with some excellent controlled possession play at the back - but with a purpose, leading into quick bursts forward when the opposition were out of position that Stoke simply couldn’t handle. The second goal in particular was the dictionary definition of how to perfectly execute a possession based passing out the back style of play. And still the fans around me were shouting at the end to lump it forward! Could they not see it was doing exactly the opposite that got us in the position we were in? The mind Boggles sometimes, I think people watch a different game.

Best game of the season for me. It’s a shame that our away form has let us down, but hopefully this performance is the start of us really hitting some sort of form, and not another false dawn like the Preston game. We really did play some wonderful passing football today - Rooney and Waghorn in particular contributed immensely to this, but also having two passing centre halves with Wisdom in there helped (on the ball) too. That’s the sort of football I want to see from Derby - A passing game with speed and purpose. Where has that been all season! Hopefully we’ve unlocked it now, and who better to do it against but boring old Stoke! Even when we dropped deeper today (which I still don’t agree with), we were much more effective on the counter than we have been most the season - which I think has been an underestimated problem. We’ve been pretty incompetent at creating anything on the counter before today, but we had much more speed and purpose today which allowed us to extend our lead second half. Executed the game plan much better. Only slight concern for me was I’m still not sure about Wisdoms positional sense at CB. Other than that, the game was a joy to watch! So much better football than most of this season, and a great way to boost spirits after Tuesday. Let’s see more games like this now! Ratings for me:

Hamer 7- Much improved, quicker distribution (other than one mistake), and commanding on crosses

Bogle 9 MOM - The man was literally everywhere. RB, RW, CM, you name it. Stoke couldn’t handle him running at them with skill, and what a goal!

Wisdom 7- Couple of dodgy moments in defence, but his passing is excellent in the main and we really benefit from his speed at CB

Clarke 8- Absolute man mountain. 11 aerials won. 11! Unbeatable today

Forsyth 8- A much, much improved performance in his natural role. Great assist and solid at the back, had Ince in his pocket

Bird 7 - Showed his Natural talent and intelligent vision with some great passes and touches. Odd loose pass aside, another very composed performance from the young lad whose influence on games is growing.

Waghorn 8- Brilliant wide performance, especially first half. Played some incredible passes, and kept possession well playing out the back too. Nice headed finish as well, right place, right time.

Holmes 8- The little magician, his control at times is unreal. Some excellent touches and driving runs, particularly for the second goal

Rooney 8- Starting to get Sharp now, best performance in a rams shirt and the first time he’s really when that former world class quality. His passing was near faultless, and some of his touches were unreal. Totally ran the show. Top drawer freekick too.

Lawrence 7- Quiet going forward, but did his job maturely. Supported Forsyth well in defence 

Martin 7- Excellent finish, and some nice touches, though his passing was poor second half.

Subs:

Shinnie 6- A yard off the pace as you’d expect, but battled hard. He’ll get sharp soon enough hopefully.

Davies 6- Came on and did his job well helping deal with the late aerial bombardment

Marriott 6- Didn’t get much chance, but one incredible take down from a long pass

On 29/01/2020 at 19:50, Sean said:

Last night was a bad night but we need to shake it off and go again on Friday with the belief that we can put in a solid performance.

Say it with me.

We're going to win this one. Quote me, screenshot me, @ me.

Told you.

Just got in from a night out. Wasn’t able to watch this one, so missed it. Sods law it would be the game of the season. Only know the score and not read any posts on here, so looking forward to watching the replay tomorrow on Rams TV.

SOOOOPER RAAAMMMMS!

3 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

What a result PD....

Im in the the Horn and Trumpet on Daisy Bank Road (A53 Leek Road)at 12.00 Saturday for me bro in laws 60th......I will be wearing my Rams shirt...????

Chuffed, it’s just nice to put them back in their place... haven’t seen or heard from any of them lot tonight, enjoy mate! 

Up The Rams 

Forgive my ignorance, Bogles celebration anyone? 
With full fixtures today how good does it feel with 4-0 tucked under our belts. I’m sure some quaffing of ale will be on the agenda tonight. Purring.
Opposition probably couldn’t be more different in the replay so can we evolve in Cocu style to produce another display of such quality? Spoiling tactics from Northampton incoming!! 
Oh and remember Stoke were in far better form than their league position suggested, away wins at WBA and PNE....... that was a tonking!! 
And a mention for Forsyth. Hands up I’ve been a critic of his for quite a while, but that was a fine performance and I can only wish to see more of that, like many have said, a fit Forsyth and we have a player. 

Archived