v Stoke (H) - Matchday thread

OohMartWright

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so pleased with that performance, great goals and a really good all round performance from everyone including Forsyth who I usually don't rate too highly. It was a great game to go to for my 21st, was thinking it would be dull and maybe a 1 0 win  with little excitement , but that was like watching us at our best last season at times especially when Bogle and Holmes went on rampages forward, some of the play from them two was absolutely sublime.  Also, have to mention Rooney's performance, fantastic all round and a great goal, still can't believe that he is playing for us, 10 years ago if you had told me I would be watching Rooney score for Derby on my birthday I would have never believed it.  Now if we can pick up a few wins away from home as well and keep up our home form , a Top 10  finish has to be the aim and that would mark a decent season all things considered. A potential home Cup match vs Manu as long as we beat Northampton on Tuesday should also bring excitement.  Season far from over even though we won't go up or down, there still will be games to look forward to on that evidence.

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'm so pleased with that performance, great goals and a really good all round performance from everyone including Forsyth who I usually don't rate too highly. It was a great game to go to for my 21st, was thinking it would be dull and maybe a 1 0 win  with little excitement , but that was like watching us at our best last season at times especially when Bogle and Holmes went on rampages forward, some of the play from them two was absolutely sublime.  Also, have to mention Rooney's performance, fantastic all round and a great goal, still can't believe that he is playing for us, 10 years ago if you had told me I would be watching Rooney score for Derby on my birthday I would have never believed it.  Now if we can pick up a few wins away from home as well and keep up our home form , a Top 10  finish has to be the aim and that would mark a decent season all things considered. A potential home Cup match vs Manu as long as we beat Northampton on Tuesday should also bring excitement.  Season far from over even though we won't go up or down, there still will be games to look forward to on that evidence.

Happy Birthday ? 

Alarm 0315 for work. I’ve had to read this thread from many pages before KO with the interesting perspectives making me smile, cringe and laugh in equal measure. As a huge Cocu fan I’m so pleased and indeed a little relieved with that performance. Every player has received praise rightly so. I want to include Hamer too, all players improving. Want Lawrence to prove he is the quality player we occasionally see and four great goals. Let’s get greedy and look up not down. 40 points and counting. Home record equal to last season without three very high quality loans. Enjoy your weekend Rams. ?

I'd love to say that this was a coming of age performance, especially with the apathy going into the game and even seeing a team below us come into the game as the odds on favourite. 

I wouldn't say it reached the levels of McClaren's Derby, but certainly signs from last season where we were able to show quality and intelligent play in the key areas. Rooney showing quality and puts away his first real free kick opportunity - he's game changer at this level. The defence looks relatively solid, so many clean sheets of late (at home) is something we should build on. 

No idea why it falls apart away from home, but providing we can turn in a couple more performances of this standard and keep our position in the league respectable then we may steer clear of doom and gloom. We can all be happy with tonight, which helps spirits after an undoubtedly poor transfer window and result on Tuesday. 

38 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I thought Max did reasonably well considering how much the two Stoke midfielders targeted him at times. 

Hard not to see him involved in the starting XI next season if he keeps progressing this way!

Reasonably well? Don't get too carried away with your praise will you. I thought everyone had a good game tonight 

Really enjoyable.

Rooney was superb in the first half as was Waghorn, who seemingly remembered how to control a football. I thought everyone had a decent game. 

For me though having Forsyth back where he belongs made a huge difference, especially in the air. He read Ince all game and had him in his pocket. Surprisingly, Tom ince still can’t kick the ball with his right foot. Maybe he doesn’t have enough free time to practise that.

Great night with four cracking goals. Nice to remember why you go isn’t it. 

Oh...how wasn’t it a yellow card for that tackle on Shinnie. Refs make some odd decisions don’t they. And that wasn’t the only one. Didn’t matter tonight.

Up the Rams! 

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Dear Phil, Wazzer & co,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, ie, Germany invading Poland in 1939, my fathers family were forced to leave the metropolis of California and head west along Uttoxeter New Road to pastures new. Despite having sheepshagging blood I found myself growing up in the neighbouring county of Staffordshire, tantalisingly close to the verdant lushness of Derbyshire, within sight of the verdure leafage of Doveridge and beyond to be precise.

While winning against the gumps is always No.1, followed by the dirties of course, I have a special plea to your good selves on this damp, miserable, last day of European fraternity, to deliver a veritable tonic to a few hardy souls who have braved the gobby, clayheaded, chipeateng hordes for many a year. For some reason, the aforementioned forces of darkness seem to think they are invincible due to winning a couple of games which has led to an out break of hysteria only matched by the epidemic currently engulfing the city of Wuhan in China.

Therefore, dear Phil and Wazzer, to ensure I can walk into work, nay, sashay into work, on Monday morning, may I implore you to play like demons tonight culminating with a splendid volley from your good self Wayne, to send the utch Rams back along the A50 pointing and laughing at the feral beasts from the concrete canyons.

Yours hopefully,

Utch.

what the actual feck just happened......??

I refrained from posting on Tuesday night as I was so angry and upset and would’ve been irrational. Still can’t believe we threw away that game after being so on top at the start of the second half. 

What a response! Where did that come from? Everyone played well. Special mentions to Fozzy - back to his best in his best position (just worried playing LB might end his career too early as it isn’t good for the knee), Bogle, Holmes, Bird, Martin, Waghorn (much better wide) and of course Rooney, best performance in a Rams shirt and a class above everyone tonight.

The goals were awesome, loved Rooney and Bogles but the way Martin shifted it from his right to left and hit it first time was class - Martin at his best!

We need cure the travel sickness otherwise bottom half is where we’ll stay

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Much better performance than last Friday night. We haven't let them settle at all. Let's hope we can maintain this intensity and movement off the ball. 

Hope is a waking dream. Happy clappy and proud tonight 

Archived