v Stoke (H) - Matchday thread

OohMartWright

Really, really enjoyed that. No-one played badly, and many played well.

Forsyth was my MOTM. Rock solid defensively and very good going forward.

I’m starting to really enjoy focusing on watching Max Bird. He’s so composed and was a big part of our dominance today. Lovely player that can still improve.

Rooney was excellent. His goal was outstanding, though perhaps only the second best goal of the night.

Lawrence was very good, both in terms of graft and skill.

All in all, a great evening. COYR.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m starting to really enjoy focusing on watching Max Bird. He’s so composed and was a big part of our dominance today. Lovely player that can still improve.

There is an understanding developing between Rooney and Bird which is fascinating to see. Rooney mentioned him in his interview after the game too.

That has to be such an advantage for his development.

Super performance. Nothing to criticise, loads to enjoy.

Rooney pulled the strings. Holmes a dynamo. Vintage Martin. Fozzy's crossing and keeping Ince quiet. Bogle's wonder goal. Bird developing nicely. All positive tonight.

The manager got it right this evening. Well done PC.

For those who say some of us are just negative, it’s just borne out of frustration.

How can we play so well tonight and then in all probability perform completely differently a week later?

So many people say the players aren’t good enough, but is it really true?

Do we really need 6-10 players to compete better at this level?

Performances like tonight’s are fantastic to see, but oddly we are left with more questions than answers.

As poor as we were on Tuesday, we were good tonight.

The one touch possession stuff with Rooney (his best game) at the heart of it was immensely enjoyable.

We weren't going down on Tuesday, we're not going up now, but well done ALL at the club.

Great performance and result from the team. 

As we won well, can I moan about the ref? As been typical of this season, we get a soft yellow for Bogle whereas their first yellow was more dangerous than Beliek's red was the other week,  bad challenges on Rooney and Shinnie didn't get yellow. Also an American football block on Marriott right in front of the ref went unpunished. 

15 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Really, really enjoyed that. No-one played badly, and many played well.

Forsyth was my MOTM. Rock solid defensively and very good going forward.

Rooney was excellent. His goal was outstanding, though perhaps only the second best goal of the night.

Lawrence was very good, both in terms of graft and skill.

All in all, a great evening. COYR.

Lawrence surprised me tonight

What an effort from him, if he does this every game then what a player we have

Edit: prove me wrong Lawrence, keep it up!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Needlesh said:

As poor as we were on Tuesday, we were good tonight.

The one touch possession stuff with Rooney (his best game) at the heart of it was immensely enjoyable.

We weren't going down on Tuesday, we're not going up now, but well done ALL at the club.

Offensively we were good on Tuesday. It was defensively, from attack backwards, that we were poor. We switched off and got panicky.

Tonight we looked more assured and calm.

Hamer helped with his handling and judgment.

We were just on it and the finishing showed confidence.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

No legs, no energy, no runners. This has awful written all over it.

1-0 down, 65th minute, fans begging for Marriott and he will make the change. 

Waghorn and Lawrence as wingers - what do you expect? Martin on his own with no runners is pointless. Rooney will have no one to pick out.

It’s a shameful line up - of course I want my words to eat me later but if I am Stoke, I’m laughing.

This aged well LOL

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Dear Phil, Wazzer & co,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, ie, Germany invading Poland in 1939, my fathers family were forced to leave the metropolis of California and head west along Uttoxeter New Road to pastures new. Despite having sheepshagging blood I found myself growing up in the neighbouring county of Staffordshire, tantalisingly close to the verdant lushness of Derbyshire, within sight of the verdure leafage of Doveridge and beyond to be precise.

While winning against the gumps is always No.1, followed by the dirties of course, I have a special plea to your good selves on this damp, miserable, last day of European fraternity, to deliver a veritable tonic to a few hardy souls who have braved the gobby, clayheaded, chipeateng hordes for many a year. For some reason, the aforementioned forces of darkness seem to think they are invincible due to winning a couple of games which has led to an out break of hysteria only matched by the epidemic currently engulfing the city of Wuhan in China.

Therefore, dear Phil and Wazzer, to ensure I can walk into work, nay, sashay into work, on Monday morning, may I implore you to play like demons tonight culminating with a splendid volley from your good self Wayne, to send the utch Rams back along the A50 pointing and laughing at the feral beasts from the concrete canyons.

Yours hopefully,

Utch.

Want, Want, Want!

Spoilt brat!!

????

Archived