v Stoke (H) - Matchday thread

OohMartWright

17 minutes ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

The Referee, Well done fella you had a good game last night ?

Good game except for the cards. He was very inconsistent... Bogle’s and Tymon’s weren’t worthy of yellows. Then when a Derby player was scythed down on the wing (ref played advantage), he should have gone back to book him. Also felt the foul on the edge of the box leading to Rooney’s goal should have been a yellow (possible red if last man but I didn’t have the best view)

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Heard my first moaning Stokie ‘made Rooney look like a 25 year old, kept standing off him, I can accept loosing to anyone, but not them.’ Grumble grumble moan.

What’s so specifically wrong about loosing to us?

My mums side of the family are from Uttoxeter & Rocester. Stoke fans from round there have generally seen us as “rivals” and don’t like us at all. I get plenty of stick at family gatherings ?

For what it's worth my thoughts on last night ! All the positive little glimpses of things we've seen in various games this season seem to all come together last night . Good in possession from the back , didn't panic , even with Bob from row T's intellectual input of "forward" and "quicker" . Constructive Bob ?. Our forwards play was narrow (in a positive way ) US Ng Martin as the pivot . And our midfield , best blend we've had in midfield since the Hughes , Throne , Bryson combo .

Hamer - we've stopped talking about needing a goalkeeper , got to be a positive. 

Bogle - Looked so much better tonight , I love his inverted runs and the havoc it causes . Plus the obvious of his goal he'd only been playing as a winger for a minute and he produces that 

Clarke and Wisdom - a strong partnership forming here and it was great to hear Clarke speaking so highly of him after our last home game .

Fozzy - or was it Marcelo ? Brilliant performance tonight from one of my usual whipping boys . 

Bird- Spoke about him on another thread but this season hes looking the real deal and more than ready for the step up , love his forward thinking passing too . 

Rooney- Pure class , what more can I say , were so lucky to have him here , best January window signing ever . 

Holmes - Fast becoming my favourite Derby player was easily the man of the match again his driving runs and movement are paramount to what we are trying to achieve

Lawrence- that's what Lawrence can do now let's see it on a regular basis up there with one of the most naturally talented players in this league on his day. 

Waghorn- so much better on the right and I think that needs to be his main position going forward 

Martin- no stopping that shot and his overall play was fantastic , blowing out of his arse though towards the end and good to see . Quality ?

43 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Good game except for the cards. He was very inconsistent... Bogle’s and Tymon’s weren’t worthy of yellows. Then when a Derby player was scythed down on the wing (ref played advantage), he should have gone back to book him. Also felt the foul on the edge of the box leading to Rooney’s goal should have been a yellow (possible red if last man but I didn’t have the best view)

Saved me a post there, spot on.

30 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

My mums side of the family are from Uttoxeter & Rocester. Stoke fans from round there have generally seen us as “rivals” and don’t like us at all. I get plenty of stick at family gatherings ?

Do they no longer pick on Port Vale? 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It was Shinnie what got scythed down to be fair to him he didn't make any fuss whatsoever over it or hystrionics where other players could have been rolling round for about 5 minutes 

3 hours ago, RIMBAUD said:

My favourite contribution:

'We were completely outplayed by fat, out of shape granny shagger, who made us like a bunch of disorganized, clueless, school kids.  Rooney never broke sweat, sprayed the ball around for fun and scored a great goal.'

Amazes me how people say hes fat. Wish i was as fat as him.

Clearly far from out of shape. 

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

What about the possible red card he didn’t give? Thoughts...

Yeah, watching it this morning on the TV could easily have been red. Think what saved him was he didn’t travel very far with the tackle. Two footed challenges that are late are Red cards for me.

Really pleased Duane got MOTM, his interview was very emotional.

Duane Holmes is such a vitally important part of our midfield. The way he drives forward and glides past players like they aren't there is mesmerising. One of my favourite Derby players ever, seems like a lovely bloke, always gives it 100% and we'd be a significantly worse team without him. He deserves so much credit for last night, he pulled out an amazing performance despite him clearly struggling with the tragic loss of his friend. Love him.

3 hours ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

No histrionics, No look at me, Had a smile on his face, Talked to people, Always in the right place, Who is this I hear you ask....The Referee, Well done fella you had a good game last night ?

Just shows how different people see a game. 

Firstly, the result tends to sway your verdict on the ref. 

Secondly, viewing the game live in the stands, you miss things as does the ref. Something VAR has been brought in to sort out. 2 fouls which seemed innocuous at first, could easily have been red, after seeing slow motion replays. 

In my opinion, the ref had a poor game, card wise. Bogle's card was ridiculous, it could be argued that he actually played the ball, but in any case the player had stopped and turned back away from the goal. It wasn't dangerous and it wasn't stopping a dangerous attack. 

Archived