v Stoke (H) - Matchday thread

OohMartWright

Would anyone be questioning Cocu if he could glean more performances of this standard from the players?

Absolutely brilliant response after another difficult week.

No-one is saying we have to win 4-0 every week.

But right now we are a team that turns up once every 6 games. Sometimes not even with that regularity. We can see the players are capable, so it’s a real headscratcher.

Win or lose, if Cocu can get the team playing in the right manner more consistently - producing positive, purposeful, exciting play - I think everyone would be on board.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved watching that, drove about 46363785 to the Moon and back today..... and didn’t get in until 8pm, was 0-0 when I parked up, by the time I got in and got TV on we’d scored 2 ??‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Justa said:

Great performance but has to be a benchmark.

I hope Cocu has now learnt not to play Waghorn as a lone striker !

Yep and he's asked us all t thank you for your invaluable pointers over the last few weeks. Said he could never have done it without your steadfast support and considered advice. This one's for you Justa ?

ducking hell that win was needed

tears of happiness in my eyes at the mo

what a feeling!

every player tonight can hold their heads high! absolutely sensational.

best performance since leeds away.

Thats what Cocuball is, thats what we should set the benchmark at!

absolutely wonderful.

may be getting carried away but stoke was in form, and we derailed them, first team we’ve beat them for 10 years if i remember correctly?!

Come on you ramsssssss

Onto tuesday!

Great result that.  Wows all round.

Derby win

Clean sheet

Rooney - bossed midfield. Sublime freekick

Bogle's rocket from Rooney's eye of a needle pass

Marriott's control from Hamer's long kick

Wisdom - immovable

Forsyth snuffing out Ince

Holmes literally everywhere

....to name a few

MOTM tonight: Max Bird

Ran the game, all the right places, beautiful passes, selfless at the back helping the defence, yet also the furthest forward when Bogle scored.

No wonder Rooney mentioned him in the post-match SKY interview.

He has a bright future and he’s one of our own ?

Absolute class performance from every single player. Holmes is becoming our key player, Rooney just oozes class. On a side note because of the stick he normally gets but Tom Lawrence, well played, no lack of desire or workrate tonight. Maybe having Fozzy behind him helped him out?

Brilliant performance and result and that certainly brightens the moods a bit after a frustrating end to the transfer window. Just need to back it up with an away win now.

Loved seeing Forsyth back in his natural position and it should be a good battle between him and Lowe for the starting spot now. Bogle looked to have his confidence back and Lawrence put in one of his better performances of the season.

Tom Lawrence was superb. Great effort.. 

Hopefully that result might make a few think when they were calling out how dire our team and squad is. I still say when we play the right way we easily have a top 6 team... Easily... We can beat anyone in this league.. 

Archived