v Charlton Athletic (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

28 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

All the debate around Cocu and the style of football, there are normally 14 of us ST holders in the South Stand and I think only 4 of us are turning up tonight!!

Even though it's paid for they can't be arsed to get of their sofas and want the option to turn off the telly and get another beer in........ 

Big January for Mel and a lot resting on Rooney to spark some life into the crowd, it has been as bad as I remember for entertainment and excitement. 

My lad and I are going (my first year of being a season ticket holder after 30 years of shift work so im determined to get my money's worth ) so I'll see how the east stand fares too mate.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

I also want Martin and Marriott to start if cuco does not start the two players who are most likely to score  he can duck off 

Agree entirely. To bring it down to basics let’s get the ball in and around the f@@cing box where Crissy and Marriott thrive............. crosses, centres, one- twos , midfield runners, please play some attacking football Mr Cocu.

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Agree entirely. To bring it down to basics let’s get the ball in and around the f@@cing box where Crissy and Marriott thrive............. crosses, centres, one- twos , midfield runners, please play some attacking football Mr Cocu.

Surely he is just going to for it tonight with those two....let's get building an understanding between them tonight and bring the fans fully back in board with an all out attacking strategy and plenty of goals...

He has nothing to lose on giving a go but much to gain.

COYR

I hope Sibley gets some time on the pitch. I think we need his gutsy, I’m not carrying any baggage style.

Throw off the shackles, be brave, they won’t like it up em soldier ! 

I’d just love an early goal so we can play with some expression 

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Looking forward to return to winning ways  - we had to miss last 2 home games. Still unbeaten this season (somehow) COYR ??

This is a talismanic post .. it will happen. ?? .. yes two rams, you’re right so a win by two clear goals 

I’m going through my old turnstyle, lucky scarf, voodoo doll of their goalie .. now where’s that rabbit paw ?

37 minutes ago, jono said:

I hope Sibley gets some time on the pitch. I think we need his gutsy, I’m not carrying any baggage style.

Throw off the shackles, be brave, they won’t like it up em soldier ! 

I’d just love an early goal so we can play with some expression 

Hope that Sibley plays too but gotta be careful with too many hot headed players in midfield. Bielik/Knight/Sibley have all got a bad habit of going in heavy footed. Think Sibley would probably bring a better balance to the team than Knight but we'll see what Cocu tries tonight 

3 hours ago, hiltonram said:

My team for tonight would be.  It would be playing wing backs as our full backs are more suited to that and lets see what Sibley can bring to the party. Then Rooney in for Holmes in the next game. But we will probably stick to 433 and struggle as usual.

Hamer

Bogle     Wisdom   Clarke     Lowe

Beilik

Knight      Sibley

Holmes

Marriott     Waghorn

Nowt wrong wi that duck. 

Let's go for it Phil my old mucker. Charlton even more woefully out of form than us so let's stamp our mark on the game not set up to address what they may or may not do.

Unleash the kids - Knight is showing some dog to complement his technical ability which I bloody love. Sibley has got it all in spades so if not against Charlton when?

Holmes and Fozzy look shot and need resting. They bring plenty but look leggy, especially Fozzy.

Let's give Jack a start with Chrissie Martin as the pivot and foil and tell him to put in a performance that warrants the faith shown.

Likewise Lawrence who needs to give the fans a performance to repay their faith and patience.

Waggers stood by if Jack is gassed after 60.

Hamer

Bogle   Wisdom    Davies    Lowe

Bielik               

Sibley             Knight 

Lawrence

Martin     Marriott  

EDIT - Ah feck - Tom's banned isn't he?

Archived