v Charlton Athletic (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/12/2019 at 22:13, Sean said:

We're going to win this one. Quote me, screenshot me, @ me.

You’re my new favourite poster ?

5 hours ago, Edtheram said:

We do but when we see 30 mins of no effort or exciting football then why should we bother. We’ve been trying but the performances we see need to improve to see fans loud again 

Only sing when you’re winning? 

Just looking at our starting 11 that lost 3-0 at their place in October..... there will be SIX players missing from that team tonight (8 if you include the subs that came on) .... for me highlights why no partnerships are being formed in our side... even when I coached grass roots football, that was key to success.

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Relegation battles and exciting free flowing football don't generally go hand in hand. Therefore if you acknowledge we are in a relegation battle then don't expect us to play entertaining football. We are gonna have to grind out some scrappy, nervy and possibly turgid performances to help us climb the table. 

While i agree with your sentiments,  can i suggest a career in marketing is not your calling. ?

11 hours ago, desirelines said:

Really hope Lowe has a stormer tomorrow, otherwise we'll be back to left-back-lottery 

He was so halfhearted in the last game that I caught myself thinking has he been sold already. 

Can and should do much better.

4 hours ago, REDCAR said:

Just looking at our starting 11 that lost 3-0 at their place in October..... there will be SIX players missing from that team tonight (8 if you include the subs that came on) .... for me highlights why no partnerships are being formed in our side... even when I coached grass roots football, that was key to success.

You’re right but injuries have played a major part in that. 

5 hours ago, REDCAR said:

Yes, but as four of those SIX are Roos, Malone, Paterson and Lawrence I'm not particularly concerned about them being missing. Let's face it, Lawrence is missing for most of the time he is on the pitch anyway.

My team for tonight would be.  It would be playing wing backs as our full backs are more suited to that and lets see what Sibley can bring to the party. Then Rooney in for Holmes in the next game. But we will probably stick to 433 and struggle as usual.

Hamer

Bogle     Wisdom   Clarke     Lowe

Beilik

Knight      Sibley

Holmes

Marriott     Waghorn

I'd go with

Marriott      Martin

Waghorn

Jozefzoon                                  Holmes

Bielik

Lowe           Davies        Wisdom           Bogle

Roos

He won't do this but I prefer roos to hamer, much better distribution and shot stopper. Jozefzoon deserves a chance to see what he can do, get some width in the team. Holmes can play out wide too. 

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I'd go with

Marriott      Martin

Waghorn

Bielik

Roos

He won't do this but I prefer roos to hamer, much better distribution and shot stopper. Jozefzoon deserves a chance to see what he can do, get some width in the team. Holmes can play out wide too. 

I don't like our chances of having the ball very much with that midfield. 

Knight has to start, I think, until Shinnie returns at least.

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I'd go with

Marriott      Martin

Waghorn

Bielik

Roos

Hope Bielik can cope with all the Charlton midfield on his own then. ?

I'd like:

Roos

Bogle    Davies   Forsyth    Lowe

Bielik

Knight  Holmes  Sibley

Martin  Marriott

But think it will be:

Hamer

Bogle    Davies   Forsyth    Lowe

Bielik

Knight  Holmes  

Waghorn  Martin  Whittaker

Well, we’ll see what being 20th in the league means to them tonight. If we get another half arsed performance I’d be reminding them the transfer window opens in a couple of days and they’d be better off getting their agents to fix them up elsewhere.

We haven’t got time for that’ll do kind of performances, it’s maximum effort or do one for me now.

I’m wishing them all, all the best, just show us a bit pride in the club that employs them.

All the debate around Cocu and the style of football, there are normally 14 of us ST holders in the South Stand and I think only 4 of us are turning up tonight!!

Even though it's paid for they can't be arsed to get of their sofas and want the option to turn off the telly and get another beer in........ 

Big January for Mel and a lot resting on Rooney to spark some life into the crowd, it has been as bad as I remember for entertainment and excitement. 

Archived