v Charlton Athletic (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

Just now, Archied said:

Martin Martin Martin , now it’s not just it’s Martin and Marriott ,,,, proper yawn fest over the last three years or so ,out of favour but had plenty of game time under cocu when our last few managers bombed him out and he’s done just ok ,no better or worse than the other two , easy to point out what the team will lack if it’s Martin in and not waggy or marriout 

He's definitely been better than the other two, in my opinion. He makes the players around him play better, he's got a good first touch and doesn't waste the ball like Waghorn in particular. The only reason I see not to pick him is that his illness is stopping him playing too frequently.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I give up mate!

Keep the faith Kash. Could simply be Chris is not comfortable today. In any case, you stood firm all the while the lad was shipped out here there and everywhere so this is just a blip by comparison.

Honestly think Cocu sees what we do mate which the last few haven't. Chris is an intelligent and technically able player and I don't believe Cocu will have missed that. I think it might be a case of making sure that Chris is around all season, least I really hope so. Could even be at Chris's bequest if he's enduring a flare up. Cocu might be conservative in his approach but he's not blind and he's definitely not a fool. Chin up mate. Chris will be back ?

9 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

There are too many changes in tonight's line up for me. And at the same time I feel I must criticise Cocu himself for his stubborn refusal to change his approach.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Anyone got any idea what time the new Cocu in/out vote is tonight? 

Oi yous two wags, stop making mischief!  It's not like some on here need encouraging ?

steve bloomer

So our team tonight. Hamer, Wisdom, Davies, Holmes, Lowe, Bielik, Clarke, Bird, Knight, Marriott, Waghorn.  Let's hope for a 2-1 win at home. Good to see Knight and Clarke starting. 

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Anyone got any idea what time the new Cocu in/out vote is tonight? 

7:45pm Cocu in.......a velvety hoody number again and we are on the charge up that league!

Get your velvety hoodies on and get ready for a 3-2 thriller!...............or can someone put a card up with the time on at the darts?

Undefeated in the velvety hoody...........C'mon Phil what you wearing?

image.jpg

Not sure what ever first eleven got picked would make an ounce of difference to the quality or performance of the team at the moment.we aren't playing with any confidence or consistency and unity,all players appear to be under performing and previous formations and defensive tactics all add to  total negativety . Not sure Rooney will transform things however let's hope things begin to click Cocu starts getting things different and performances and results improve rapidly.

Not going tonight but hope everyone enjoys the game ,let's hope it's a good one .COYR.

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Oi yous two wags, stop making mischief!  It's not like some on here need encouraging ?

I think you really are overthinking the issue of Martin and his runs tonight. More likely dropped because of all his recent clean sheets.

13 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Excellent point on the colitis, and something fans do seem to forget. I really don’t see him ever playing every game

I had a swat up on it when it was first revealed he was suffering with it and it sounds bloody grim. Some OK days clearly but some duckin awful ones too. If Jack puts in a shift tonight I'm sure we'll see him alongside Chris at some point. Likewise if Chris's health does need minding, you'd sooner save him for the tougher games, least I would. Hopefully Waggers can do a job tonight anyway. Gets too harshly judged to my mind.

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He's definitely been better than the other two, in my opinion. He makes the players around him play better, he's got a good first touch and doesn't waste the ball like Waghorn in particular. The only reason I see not to pick him is that his illness is stopping him playing too frequently.

Did well when brought back but been pretty poor lately is my honest opinion ,ambling about and touch not been enough to make up for that , pretty much the same for the other two in terms of their stronger points not covering their weakness s so a pickum dilemma for me, no axe to grind or fav to push just honest opinion 

Good to see Clarke back and good to see Bird get a start. I thought he may have let Sibley loose, but he's clearly keen on Holmes as the player behind the front two. 

Shame Martin isn't in with Marriott, would be nice to see them two playing alongside each other, but given Martin's recent fitness issues maybe the Christmas break is a bit too much for him. 

Let's see what the young lads can do!

Archived