v Charlton Athletic (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

41 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes I do, because 442 is a load of absolute poo and I don’t want to see us playing it. And Holmes has played most the season in number 10, which is a hugely different role to the deeper lying midfield role. He’s far more suited to that role than the more advanced role for me, and I want to see him get a run there. He’s much better as a ball carrier from deep, he’s wasted so Hugh up the pitch as his final ball is lacking. And yes, I do want to bring in Paterson, because he’s better than anything else we’ve got, and imo we shouldn’t be sending him back.

Dont forget this is what I’d pick, I’m not second guessing what Cocu would pick. If I was, it’d be far more defensive than what I’ve put above.

442 is a solid formation which is exactly what we need right now which leaves no hiding place for whimps and charlatans which we have plenty off with midfielders who can do everything - I have never heard such rubbish as terms as defensive midfielder or a number 10 role which people make out to be a fancy dan - a number ten is the guy playing next to the number nine  and oh yes teams actually score goals with that  formation 

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sparkle said:

442 is a solid formation which is exactly what we need right now which leaves no hiding place for whimps and charlatans which we have plenty off with midfielders who can do everything - I have never heard such rubbish as terms as defensive midfielder or a number 10 role which people make out to be a fancy dan - a number ten is the guy playing next to the number nine  and oh yes teams actually score goals with that  formation 

Neil, is that you?

Roos

Bogle      Davies   Clarke      Lowe 

Bielik 

Sibley                             knight 

Bird 

Martin       Whittaker 

Would like to see something like this 

The formation is secondary to the need to play with passion, presence and purpose. Yes, I know I sound like a middle manager on a Lean Manufacturing course, but ffs Derby, get the fans behind you by going at teams like Kenny Burns at a buffet, its the championship not an away leg at Barcelona in the Champions League semi final where you daren't give the ball away in case you don't see it again for 20 minutes.

Go for it and reap the benefits of the South Stand giving it large.?

On 27/12/2019 at 15:51, Sparkle said:

And Holmes has played most the season in number 10, which is a hugely different role to the deeper lying midfield role

Giving the team exactly what? Does nothing, creates nothing, waste of a shirt 

Hamer.

Bogle.   Davies.   Wisdom.   Lowe.

Bielik.     Sibley.   

Waghorn.   Holmes.    Knight.

Marriott.

Roos, Forsyth, Martin, Bird, Whittaker, Dowell, Clarke

Hamer

Bogle   Davies   Clarke   Lowe

Bielik 

Sibley    Holmes   Knight

Marriott    Martin

Bench: Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Malone, Bird, Josefzoon (might as well), Whittaker.

Siberia: Lawrence

Terrible team...

11 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Giving the team exactly what? Does nothing, creates nothing, waste of a shirt 

Maybe he isn’t a 10 but Holmes has the best feet in this team, works the hardest and is consistently the most forward facing player we have.  No goals ? yeah, but who has in the team this season ? 

12 minutes ago, jono said:

Maybe he isn’t a 10 but Holmes has the best feet in this team, works the hardest and is consistently the most forward facing player we have.  No goals ? yeah, but who has in the team this season ? 

Best feet in the team? What does that mean? He constantly gives the ball away! he runs around a bit granted but that’s it. 

Archived