v Charlton Athletic (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite like the team but would dearly love to see Jack start a game alongside Chris. Surely Chris is better equipped to put some cute passes into space for Jack to feed off. I do wonder whether Chris is being looked after a bit. Collitis doesn't go away does it, so perhaps they're mindful not to push their luck. I do think Cocu recognises what martin offers so I hope this is the case. 

12 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Bogle ?

Effective when he had Keogh to play the ball to him and Wilson ahead of him (or Mount inside him, oooerr) to exchange passes with less so when it's Curtis Davies giving him the ball and he has no supporting midfield/wing player feeding it to him on the overlap.

Bogle is a good player who I rate highly,  but as with many fullbacks he's only as good as those around him.

Waghorn instead of Martin?....................beep.....beep and more beeping!......the boy can't even string a sentence together, never mind winning, controlling, holding or passing a football, maybe he's punishing the players he's planning on selling by picking them in the first 11.

Hooray Bogle staying and out on the lash with his mates!....Good lad!

Hope that Bogle is just injured or were in trouble. Really think we had the opportunity to go a bit more attacking than that as well. Bird in for Lawrence seems another overly cautious move. The rest is understandable in fairness, and I think Marriott had to have one last chance before the window. Last chance Saloon. Good to see Clarke back too. But that lineup does nothing to suggest to me Cocu is gonna let go of his defensive tendencies.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hope that Bogle is just injured or were in trouble. Really think we had the opportunity to go a bit more attacking than that as well. Bird in for Lawrence seems another overly cautious move. The rest is understandable in fairness, and I think Marriott had to have one last chance before the window. Last chance Saloon. Good to see Clarke back too. But that lineup does nothing to suggest to me Cocu is gonna let go of his defensive tendencies.

He’s more negative than Nigel clough who got hounded for this sort of thing 

fine if ur winning 

7 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Quite like the team but would dearly love to see Jack start a game alongside Chris. Surely Chris is better equipped to put some cute passes into space for Jack to feed off. I do wonder whether Chris is being looked after a bit. Collitis doesn't go away does it, so perhaps their mindful not to push their luck. I do think Cocu recognises what martin offers so I hope this is the case. 

Excellent point on the colitis, and something fans do seem to forget. I really don’t see him ever playing every game

5 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Bogle has an eye infection? Well I hope he's easier to get eye drops into than my boxer dog or he's gonna be out for a while.

You do know the drops are for the two eyes at the front, not the one at the back?

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I really don't like watching Waggy play this season, he doesn't have enough concentration. His first touch takes it miles away. I'd just like to see Martin and Marriott for a few games in a row, seemingly he's not in favour, though.

Martin Martin Martin , now it’s not just it’s Martin and Marriott ,,,, proper yawn fest over the last three years or so ,out of favour but had plenty of game time under cocu when our last few managers bombed him out and he’s done just ok ,no better or worse than the other two , easy to point out what the team will lack if it’s Martin in and not waggy or marriout 

"Manager Phillip Cocu confirms that Jayden Bogle misses out tonight due to an eye infection"

Apparently out having a meal the other day with Keogh and Lawrence, At the end of the meal Keoghs says the taxi is here and points to it and pokes Bogle in the eye.

Eye infection means Bogle misses out.

He probably can't play again until he's crossed the T's and dotted the I's of his new Tottenham/Burnley/AC Milan contract.

If he's as accurate with a pen as he is with a ball, them T's may take some time to be accurately crossed.

Archived