v Charlton Athletic (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

7 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I had a swat up on it when it was first revealed he was suffering with it and it sounds bloody grim. Some OK days clearly but some duckin awful ones too. If Jack puts in a shift tonight I'm sure we'll see him alongside Chris at some point. Likewise if Chris's health does need minding, you'd sooner save him for the tougher games, least I would. Hopefully Waggers can do a job tonight anyway. Gets too harshly judged to my mind.

Yeah I only know what I’ve read, and from that it seems a huge effort from Chrissy to play as much as he has, and it shouldn’t be taken for granted.

i don’t like Waghorn playing out wide personally, he’s got a goal in him so if he’s playing it should be as a striker.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think you really are overthinking the issue of Martin and his runs tonight. More likely dropped because of all his recent clean sheets.

Yep that's a possibility too. None of the forwards are scoring though and that being the case (since we can't drop them all), I'd be looking at what else they bring. I think Martin offers the team more than the others but then I am a bit of a Chrissy fanboy so I might just be chatting mince ?

This is it boys & girls, the Philip Cocu renaissance .... buckle up & remember you heard it hear first ....  COYR .... well at least I always feel like this 15 mins before kick off .... it’s gotta happen soon hasn’t it??? .... my feelings 15 mins after kick off, we’ll that’s a different story ???

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Did well when brought back but been pretty poor lately is my honest opinion ,ambling about and touch not been enough to make up for that , pretty much the same for the other two in terms of their stronger points not covering their weakness s so a pickum dilemma for me, no axe to grind or fav to push just honest opinion 

It's a fair point Archie I think folk just want to see how Jack playing off Chris might work. It does seem like a good match up but for all we know it might be no improvement at all. I'd like to see it trialled too to be honest but I concede that Waggers has arguably better form claims than one if not both right now. It's kind of feeling like Hughes, Thorne, Hendrick and Martin and how few games they got together in the same side - it's frustrating. Hopefully Waggers makes us all look daft tonight eh! 

COYR

Archived