Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

29 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

We have a right back - Wisdom is a right back - he’s proven himself in that position time and again. I don’t think he has the same ability to beat a man that Bogle has, but he still offers an offensive threat. But defensively he’s much better than Bogle ! 

I’ve not watched Ebosele so no idea whether he’s good enough or close as others suggest.....but then go back to the start of the Lampard season and I’m not sure there are many on here who would have expected Bogle to be good enough as a back up - let alone be first choice for the whole season. 

I’m trusting Cocu on this one.

I'm not saying I don't trust Cocu at all and have no issues with him letting Bogle go to raise funds.

Yes Wisdom is a good RB. But he clearly prefers to play CB. And also he isn't fit, he said so himself he's not 100%. 

I'm fully expecting him to sign a RB to replace Bogle. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/09/2019 at 11:47, Ambitious said:

Bogle definitely has enough in his locker to get the next level and perform. I'd be looking closer to £15-20m based on the money in the Premier League. The problem for a team like Newcastle is his upsale value, which they put emphasis on. I think he'll comfortably play at a mid-table Premier League team. Unfortunately, a team in the top six or the England national team, doesn't seem likely. 

And how much is Will going to Spurs for?  Seems some odd transfer fees going around at the moment

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

No issue with any of this as long as we have gotten fair market value. I was initially very annoyed at the quoted £10m as that wasn't nearly enough, but with Lowe with 1 year left, if we have gotten £15m with some clauses or sell on % in there then we have to be happy with that. Reality of being a Championship club, I'm afraid.

Good luck to them both. Especially with Bogle, you can imagine a good season as first choice and he could double in value which would be great if we've included a sell-on.

If the reported figure on sky (15m) is accurate then this is a good move for all parties. We get much needed cash to improve our team, Sheff U get 2 promising young full backs, and Jayden and Max get dream moves to the premier league. All we need to do now is reinvest the cash well, two wingers + a striker + a right back now required. 

Good luck to them both. I really think Bogle could displace Baldock by the end of the season. Stevens on the left is slightly better so I'd have thought Lowe will be understudy, but you never know. 

Now its time for Mel to get the cheque book out. 

12 hours ago, spondon_ram said:

I'll take 1m for Bogle and 19m for Lowe. Don't want Swindon taking all our fee. 

Whilst I understand that we need the money, I don't think anyone can dispute that lower league clubs need it just as much, if not more at the moment. 

I sincerely hope that DCFC haven't structured the deal in a way that stiffs Swindon. Think it sets a dangerous precendent and would make other clubs reluctant to deal with us for young talent in the future.

In an environment where we're all complaining that the Prem money doesn't trickle down as much as it should, we should be setting an example of how to do business here. 

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I remember when Mel allowed Hartlepool (?) to take all the gate receipts when we played them in the FA Cup.

Appreciate we may be in more of a mess now than them but I don’t think shafting lower league clubs is his style

Yeah I don’t think he would either. He’s a champion for clubs against the EFL. 

Problem is, as it’s fan banter, it’s all anyone will remember even if it’s not true.

29 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

If the reported figure on sky (15m) is accurate then this is a good move for all parties. We get much needed cash to improve our team, Sheff U get 2 promising young full backs, and Jayden and Max get dream moves to the premier league. All we need to do now is reinvest the cash well, two wingers + a striker + a right back now required. 

Good luck to them both. I really think Bogle could displace Baldock by the end of the season. Stevens on the left is slightly better so I'd have thought Lowe will be understudy, but you never know. 

Now its time for Mel to get the cheque book out

hat has never been the problem, the problem is that he used it too often in the past.  If there was no such thing as P&S there would be no doubt

11 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm not saying I don't trust Cocu at all and have no issues with him letting Bogle go to raise funds.

Yes Wisdom is a good RB. But he clearly prefers to play CB. And also he isn't fit, he said so himself he's not 100%. 

I'm fully expecting him to sign a RB to replace Bogle. 

I haven't seen Wisdom interview. I hope he means he is just a few weeks off pace?

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Now its time for Mel to get the cheque book out. 

I think we'd need a bit more than £15m for your shopping list unless we get lucky with a couple of free transfers or our scouting team buck the trend and manage to find a quality bargain or two.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think we'd need a bit more than £15m for your shopping list unless we get lucky with a couple of free transfers or our scouting team buck the trend and manage to find a quality bargain or two.

Not really, 4mill for Jozwiak, loan winger or one for around 2mil, striker for 4 to 6 mill, and a free transfer or loan right back and we will have spare. 

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Throw a loan in there too and I think its manageable. 

Whether it’s £10m, £11m or £15m, I don’t envisage all of it being reinvested into the squad.

Especially if the financial situation is as grim as it has been suggested on here.

I think Jozwiak will be the marquee signing if it happens, and the squad will be propped up by loans once again.

Just now, Jourdan said:

Whether it’s £10m, £11m or £15m, I don’t envisage all of it being reinvested into the squad.

Especially if the financial situation is as grim as has been suggested on here.

I think Jozwiak will be the marquee signing if it happens, and the squad will be propped up by loans once again.

Would agree. We may reinvest 3/4 million off it then 2/3 loans

Jayden Bogle on Blades TV...

’Welcome to Sheffunited Jayden’

‘Thanks Sean’

’How did the transfer come about?’

‘Well, there was a interest from Barca, Bayern and Juventus, but when I heard Sheffunited were interested there was only one place I wanted to be...’

12 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

Jayden Bogle on Blades TV...

’Welcome to Sheffunited Jayden’

‘Thanks Sean’

’How did the transfer come about?’

‘Well, there was a interest from Barca, Bayern and Juventus, but when I heard Sheffunited were interested there was only one place I wanted to be...’

"What can Sheffield it'd fans expect from you Jaden?"

"Well, at Derby we just love beating Wednesday'

Archived