Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You'll probably see Jordan Brown used as a RB / RWB before Ebosele this season, he hasn't been given a squad number for nothing, and wasn't that where he was subbed on against WBA? (I'd stopped watching by that point)

Although he's officially a midfielder he's unlikely to break into the squad ahead of any of our other options there this season and it's (RB) a position he's played numerous times for the U23s. He's ahead of others right now and it may well be the only position we can get him some games.

He's got an engine on him too, can defend aggressively & make strong runs, he's just not as quick as Festy.

JBrown has played DM in all first team games. 

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

JBrown has played DM in all first team games. 

OK, cheers. As I said I'd stopped watching the WBA game! 

That's only 5-10 minutes of 1 competitive game when we had Bogle on the pitch, 1 half in a preseason game (in a very young team) where we had Ebosele on the pitch & 10 minutes against Sheff Utd (to replace Shinnie, in a game Rooney missed) when god knows who was playing RWB in the 80th minute. 

I wouldn't call that conclusive proof of where he'll be used this season, especially with us selling Bogle & Ebosele not getting a squad number. We shall see, he'll probably be given experience in more than one position tbf.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

15m, that’s much more like it. 10m for Bogle, 5m for Lowe is fair imo. 

No, no, no! £12m for Lowe, £3m for Bogle so just around 500k for Swindon. That is unless a compromise deal was done with Swindon since Bogles' transfer - then the fees would be the other way round.

Would be happy enough with £15mil, think it's fair. We won't know for sure on the fee, and how much of that is add-ons or bonuses etc, but it's more realistic than the £8mil fee I've seen on Twitter. People will see a figure/make one up, and just roll with it.

£14mil for Max Lowe and £1mil for Jayden Bogle would be good, sorry Swindon.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s been mentioned but I’m yet to see anything reputable say there is one... not sure why people are panicking so much over that one.

Not noticed anyone panicking but there's some concern simply because if Bogle goes for anywhere near £10m in a joint £15m deal, potentially that could mean between £2m and £3m to Swindon by way of a sell-on fee.

Archived