Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£15 million is about right, allows Cocu pops to strengthen in some key areas and we have more than decent  back up, Ebosele and a Buchanan look more than capable

On a side note, I really hope the lads kick on and do well. I’ve been critical of our academy more than once, but it’s lovely to see our academy products get premier league moves for decent money, proves that the strategy is working. 

out of the 2, I actually think Max Lowe will have the better career and can a big move in his future. 

all the best lads and thank you, once a ram . . . ?

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

£12m for Bogle (similar to Cash) and £3m for Lowe seems very fair to me. Ebosele and Buchanan don't look far off, and if those funds allow us to bring in much needed attacking reinforcements (1 striker, 1/2 wingers), then it's a good deal all round.

I don't get why people keep saying Ebosele doesn't seem far off. Or we don't need a right back cos we've got Wisdom and Ebosele.

Wisdom clearly isn't fit yet and Ebosele hasn't got a squad number and despite Bogle not being in the squad on Saturday didn't even make the bench in a league cup first round tie.

We absolutely need a right back. You need a proper right back. Not a centre half like MTW and Wisdom who can play RB. 

LB is not as imperative. I like the look of Buchanan. Big ask to play week in week out and Forsyth is an accident waiting to happen.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't get why people keep saying Ebosele doesn't seem far off. Or we don't need a right back cos we've got Wisdom and Ebosele.

Wisdom clearly isn't fit yet and Ebosele hasn't got a squad number and despite Bogle not being in the squad on Saturday didn't even make the bench in a league cup first round tie.

We absolutely need a right back. You need a proper right back. Not a centre half like MTW and Wisdom who can play RB. 

LB is not as imperative. I like the look of Buchanan. Big ask to play week in week out and Forsyth is an accident waiting to happen.

Ebosele was away with Ireland I think

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree , a lot of ifs and buts will be left now with wisdom and forysth and the two young ones 

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If we inflate the Lowe value to avoid sell on fees to Swindon for Bogle, Swindon might complain to the EFL threatening legal action so the EFL charge us for fudging P&S over valuations of players based with no firm case. Not sure where I’ve seen this before? 

How can they prove that?

A players value is only decided by what a club wants to pay and what a club accepts as an appropriate value.

We aren't going to RIP swindon off. Can we just nip that in the bud at this point.

When the deals goes through I'm sure we will have all sorts of fans from our club and others spamming Swindon twitter telling them 100% they have been ripped off by the devil that is dcfc.

Utter rubbish. Nothing but speculation and very damaging speculation at that. Any of our fans repeating and reporting that we are doing this as fact is potentially sowing seeds for your above scenario to happen. Although with some of our fans I think they would secretly love it to happen.

See Stephen Pearce rang Rob Dorsett last night. “Been a bit of misreporting - it’s a £15m deal Rob” (all good Mel that will keep the bedwetters happy).  Letter sent to Steve Nicholson to advise that any talk of a sale of two youngsters much admired by Philip Cocu is wide of the mark.

22 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Wisdom is first and foremost a RB and Ebosele scored in pre-season and may be given a squad number like Shonibare and Solomon were yesterday. Te Wierik can also play RB which is why we've seen him there in pre-season. Worst case Duane Holmes could play there...

I think we need attackers more than we do a replacement full back. If we've moved to mostly a 352 it becomes even more apparent that we wouldn't need to replace either as there's plenty who can fill the wingback roles

31 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If we inflate the Lowe value to avoid sell on fees to Swindon for Bogle, Swindon might complain to the EFL threatening legal action so the EFL charge us for fudging P&S over valuations of players based with no firm case. Not sure where I’ve seen this before? 

You'd think the EFL would think twice about pursuing disciplinary action against any club in the current environment. They've already had stinging criticism from a number of clubs they are supposed to represent so another Derby-type fiasco could lead to such a revolt amongst members that in the existing Covid circumstances It would lead to disbanding their representation in the present format.

Archived