Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

1 minute ago, Gisby said:

Exactly no one on here knows but there are a fair few who believe they do!! Work that one out!! It’s a forum after all so fair do’s to them but boy is it tedious after a while!! ?

The thing that gets me is we're not a supermarket where you can compare the price of 6 Andrex from Asda, Tesco and Morrisons, these are footballers which not one of us on this forum have ever had any experience in selling where so many factors decide the value..

If Mel, Pearce and Cocu believe they have a deal which they are happy with how on earth can we complain unless we're left in a situation where we no longer have a competitive team to support. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Think its a good deal if some of the higher estimates are true. Think we need to replace Bogle though. Wisdom is good and Ebosele highly rated but we'd be going into the season with a centre back converted to a right back and a lad who hasn't played a minute of men's football. 

We went into 18-19 season with an untried young right back and that went alright. 

39 minutes ago, David said:

Wish Bogle and Lowe good luck at Sheff United, just can't be arsed with the inevitable we sold them for a fiver and bag of Quavers for the next few years despite it being undisclosed.

Not a rhetorical question, why do clubs refuse to release the price of players being bought or sold?

Like if you're flogging a house you can refuse to tell anyone how much you sold it for but a few months down the line the sale price will be available on the Land Registry site anyway for all and sundry to view. 

10 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

We went into 18-19 season with an untried young right back and that went alright. 

Good point, but we also had Tomori and Anya in addition to Wisdom who had played there before that season.

The fact Ebosele hasn’t been given a squad number suggests that Cocu doesn’t think he’s ready, but I’d be more than pleased if that changes and Ebosele plays a big part this year.

I think we now need some cover in the full back position, that’s all. Maybe just a loan so Ebosele isn’t blocked off.

Good luck to the lad. Said previously, if we had to sell to buy this season then Bogle was pretty much the best asset we had. If it allows us to bring in a proper winger and another forward then we’d have been stupid not to cash in. Especially seeing as we have a more than capable back up in Wisdom. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Not a rhetorical question, why do clubs refuse to release the price of players being bought or sold?

Like if you're flogging a house you can refuse to tell anyone how much you sold it for but a few months down the line the sale price will be available on the Land Registry site anyway for all and sundry to view. 

I can only assume it's to stop other clubs knowing how much money you have, let's say they went for £20m (unlikely), clubs would ramp up the prices knowing you have money when you go calling.

We saw it ourselves with Watkins when we was quoted twice the price other clubs as Exeter knew we had money to burn.

Don't believe for a second it's to hide the information from fans as it comes out a year later in the accounts, which I'm sure all clubs have fans that will scrutinise the accounts. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I would have thought that it was obvious. You announce you sell a player for £10m and you want to bring in a replacement then the club who you want to buy from are likely to inflate the asking price.......

or, it provides ammunition for those who tend to find any means available to criticise the club and accuse it of selling too low or buying too high.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I would have thought that it was obvious. You announce you sell a player for £10m and you want to bring in a replacement then the club who you want to buy from are likely to inflate the asking price.......

or, it provides ammunition for those who tend to find any means available to criticise the club and accuse it of selling too low or buying too high.

But not all clubs do the undisclosed malarky so it's selective....could understand your points if all the clubs did it.

33 minutes ago, enachops said:

Good luck to the lad. Was a revelation under Lampard, a great academy product.

I’m surprised people are slating his delivery. For me, he put some outstanding fast paced, whipped dangerous balls in. His assists record is very good. Very few players get it on the money every time. Especially 20 year olds in their second season from full back. He’ll only improve. We’ll miss his forward play, hopefully that’s replaced by a decent wide man. 

Nailed it.  There is a massive lack of balance in some of our fans assessment.  Bogle is 20 years old, yet for some he already needs to be the finished article. 20 years old. Go and give your heads a wobble.

Good luck to them I think Sheff Utd will be a good move for them and they Prem should suit their styles. 

As long as we can get the right attacking players in then this works for us and doesn’t significantly weaken us.

We may need back up at RB (maybe a promising youngster) but happy with Foz, Buchanan and Shinniesta as LB options.

This is the role the academy is there for, at times promising players will have to be sacrificed for the greater good.

I wonder how this fits the chairmans strategy for the academy. Is the academy's objective to produce players to sell to PL clubs, or to produce a Derby County team, over a period of time, capable of getting promoted and competing at the top level? 

Just now, europia said:

I wonder how this fits the chairmans strategy for the academy. Is the academy's objective to produce players to sell to PL clubs, or to produce a Derby County team, over a period of time, capable of getting promoted and competing at the top level? 

Exactly what I was on about with a lack of ambition

2 minutes ago, europia said:

Half and half? 
Produce players to sell once they’re established and an offer the club agrees with comes in to balance the books and fund transfers whilst keeping a group of very good younger players in and around our first team? 

It’ll be like this until we’re fortunate enough to get the premier league millions. 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

We sold Will Hughes just before he was about to play in the under-21 Euros when his value could have rapidly increased and just before the Neymar transfer inflated all transfers because we were that desperate to put funds towards the 16/17 account 

That doesn’t sound business savvy at all

He did play in the Euro U21s and his value did not go up after it as he only started one game. 

And his value is now reported to be £15m. Hardly a massive increase in value after 3 years in the EPL. 

Derby fans seemed annoyed at the sale price of Hughes as we thought he would be worth £30m when he first came through. He wasn't then and isn't now. Hopefully he will be one day.

12 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Half and half? 
Produce players to sell once they’re established and an offer the club agrees with comes in to balance the books and fund transfers

Understand what you are saying, but we sold Will Hughes and Jeff to balance the books / reinvest, but we are no further forward. Are we?

Archived