Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon Percy - who we know gets decent info regarding Derby said "more than £10m" for the pair.

Sky Sports - who while often not 'breaking' any Derby info is usually in the correct ballpark said it was a £15m deal.

So why on earth would anyone choose to believe the Sun (Nixon having shown he has no Derby intel whatsoever) putting a MAXIMUM of £9m on the deal? 

Absolute arsewater. 

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think Mel is that type of guy. Accountancy 'loopholes' yes, fiddling lower league clubs, no. It's just fans bantz imo.

Agree. Was fearful initially when the fees were reported as being £5M each but surely Mel wouldn't be pulling that kind of a stroke if only for the reasons cited in my initial post on the matter.

As for the Nixon report, I'm not placing any faith in it at all. Last to the party and just trying to get clicks having totally missed the party. The man wouldn't know a scoop if it sat on his face.

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So why on earth would anyone choose to believe the Sun (Nixon having shown he has no Derby intel whatsoever) putting a MAXIMUM of £9m on the deal? 

Because people who want a hissy fit will use whichever report suits their narrative.

John Percy >>>>>>>> Dorsett >> Nixon

The merit of this really depends on the fee, which seems to range from a pish take, to acceptable, and then to beyond our wildest dreams.

Certain that the prices have been balanced in a way to avoid paying so much to Swindon, as surely JB is rated at about 3 MLs

Sheff Utd pay £9m. £8m for Bogle + £1m for Lowe. £2m goes to Swindon. Total in the bank £7m

Sheff Utd pay £8m. £4m for Bogle + £4m for Lowe, we get £1m less in fees but Swindon's cut drops down to £1m. Total in the bank still £7m, but much happier buying team and deal more likely to happen.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Because people who want a hissy fit will use whichever report suits their narrative.

John Percy >>>>>>>> Dorsett >> Nixon

Truth bomb. Gonna start piling the whingers onto my ignore list. Don't mind folk being critical where it's warranted, even if I don't agree with them but the endless club-bashing and toddler tantrums from some quarters is already getting on my nerves and we;ve not even kicked a ball in anger yet. Enough is enough.

On the footy side, this forum used to be predominantly folk who clearly were passionate about the club and for the most part, positive in their outlook. These days it seems to be a competition to show who can whine first, loudest and longest, who is the most outraged, who is most disgusted. We had plenty to be legitimately upset about last season, I grant you, but folk rushing to throw a paddy over unsubstantiated BS journo tripe?!? Does my feckin swede.

35 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If I accepted 7 mill for the pair I would be sure to keep it undisclosed as well, highly doubt we are that stupid though. 

Yes we always get top dollar for our talent - this can't possibly be true. 

11 minutes ago, Rample said:

The merit of this really depends on the fee, which seems to range from a pish take, to acceptable, and then to beyond our wildest dreams.

Certain that the prices have been balanced in a way to avoid paying so much to Swindon, as surely JB is rated at about 3 MLs

Sheff Utd pay £9m. £8m for Bogle + £1m for Lowe. £2m goes to Swindon. Total in the bank £7m

Sheff Utd pay £8m. £4m for Bogle + £4m for Lowe, we get £1m less in fees but Swindon's cut drops down to £1m. Total in the bank still £7m, but much happier buying team and deal more likely to happen.

Presumably Sheff Utd told us to baalocks when we asked for a sell on then?

Archived