Jayden Bogle - Left for Sheffield United

Rev

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I don't agree with people saying that Wisdom offers nothing going forwards. He's not a classic wing back but he's certainly no slouch either. In his first spell on loan he put in a very good cross for Martin (?) to score. I also remember during Rowett's full season I started a thread about how well he was doing at right back. He's also a lot quicker than he looks, but because he's a unit people assume that he's slow.

I thought he did well when he came on tbh.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

See Stephen Pearce rang Rob Dorsett last night. “Been a bit of misreporting - it’s a £15m deal Rob” (all good Mel that will keep the bedwetters happy).  Letter sent to Steve Nicholson to advise that any talk of a sale of two youngsters much admired by Philip Cocu is wide of the mark.

Amazing isn't it? 

Yesterday multiple media reports suggested a fee of £10m for the pair, and Derby are a disgrace.

Today one outlet reports a £15m fee and we've pulled off a blinder.

£15m is a fair valuation for the two players and where they’re at in their careers. 

I wonder if both can break into the first team sooner rather than later. Stevens and Baldock aren’t world beaters, but work well in that system. I would say both have a great chance. 

4 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

and Ebosele hasn't got a squad number

Neither did Whittaker, Brown or JHI last season but they still ended up in the first team picture, just because he doesn't have one right now doesn't mean he won't be utilised if required down the line

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

I don't agree with people saying that Wisdom offers nothing going forwards. He's not a classic wing back but he's certainly no slouch either. In his first spell on loan he put in a very good cross for Martin (?) to score. I also remember during Rowett's full season I started a thread about how well he was doing at right back. He's also a lot quicker than he looks, but because he's a unit people assume that he's slow.

Totally agree. Wisdom is my first choice right back ahead of Bogle?

58 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Totally agree. Wisdom is my first choice right back ahead of Bogle?

I agree .. if we are talking about right back. Wisdom is a very good footballer with solid defensive skills. Some ability to go forward, strong, keeps the ball and can tackle and cross. Bogle is an excellent young right winger who someone thought could defend. Maybe he can develop in to that player and be an Ashley Cole but he isn’t a good defender ... yet. 

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

15m, that’s much more like it. 10m for Bogle, 5m for Lowe is fair imo. 

If we achieve anything like that, then we should take the money and run. I guess Sheff Utd are starting to feel the financial benefits of being reasonably secure in the cash rich PL. So £15m might not seem like a lot to them. Personally I wouldn't want DCFC to be spending that sort of money on two full backs who are yet to convince that they can actually defend. 

7 minutes ago, europia said:

If we achieve anything like that, then we should take the money and run. I guess Sheff Utd are starting to feel the financial benefits of being reasonably secure in the cash rich PL. So £15m might not seem like a lot to them. Personally I wouldn't want DCFC to be spending that sort of money on two full backs who are yet to convince that they can actually defend. 

It’s called picking up young talent ( football wise) and if we were in the premiership I would hope we were looking to be doing the same 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s called picking up young talent ( football wise) and if we were in the premiership I would hope we were looking to be doing the same 

Maybe the right money for Lowe, but far too much for Bogle. Anyway, happy days for Mr Morris ?

7 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't get why people keep saying Ebosele doesn't seem far off. Or we don't need a right back cos we've got Wisdom and Ebosele.

Wisdom clearly isn't fit yet and Ebosele hasn't got a squad number and despite Bogle not being in the squad on Saturday didn't even make the bench in a league cup first round tie.

We absolutely need a right back. You need a proper right back. Not a centre half like MTW and Wisdom who can play RB. 

LB is not as imperative. I like the look of Buchanan. Big ask to play week in week out and Forsyth is an accident waiting to happen.

We have a right back - Wisdom is a right back - he’s proven himself in that position time and again. I don’t think he has the same ability to beat a man that Bogle has, but he still offers an offensive threat. But defensively he’s much better than Bogle ! 

I’ve not watched Ebosele so no idea whether he’s good enough or close as others suggest.....but then go back to the start of the Lampard season and I’m not sure there are many on here who would have expected Bogle to be good enough as a back up - let alone be first choice for the whole season. 

I’m trusting Cocu on this one.

Archived