Jim Smith

SamUltraRam

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, blackNwhites said:

Middlesbrough at home, 10 men and Johnathon Hunt bags a winner for 2-1 win is a great memory. Bald eagles barmy army for years. Proper gutted he's gone.

9 minutes ago, enachops said:

What an atmosphere this was. The whole ground it seemed at the top of their voices forever singing ‘Bald Eagles Barmy Army’ The first time Pride Park had experienced it. Wanchope sent off and we all were together as one before Hunt headed the winner, an unlikely hero. Great afternoon.

Great manager, the players he bought and the football played make him my favourite Rams boss. Great times. RIP.

The south east corner that game was insane. Chanting bald eagles barmy army constantly after the sending off won that game for us. Incredible. Limbs everywhere! 

My happiest memories of the rams were under his management.

im not often saddened by ‘celebrity’ deaths, but I’m properly gutted about this one.

i hope he goes to heaven with the sound of ‘Bald Eagle’s Barmy Army’ ringing in his ears. Bless you Jim, you lovely, brilliant man. 

1 hour ago, blackNwhites said:

Middlesbrough at home, 10 men and Johnathon Hunt bags a winner for 2-1 win is a great memory. Bald eagles barmy army for years. Proper gutted he's gone.

That game was incredible for atmosphere. Never heard PP like it before or since. Even when we conceded it just. Kept. Going. 

Bald Eagles Barmy Army. 

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

My happiest memories of the rams were under his management.

im not often saddened by ‘celebrity’ deaths, but I’m properly gutted about this one.

i hope he goes to heaven with the sound of ‘Bald Eagle’s Barmy Army’ ringing in his ears. Bless you Jim, you lovely, brilliant man. 

This, just a special man at a special time in my life, a couple of tears this evening. Sad.

So many great memories of watching the brilliant teams that Jim built.

I too remember being underwhelmed when he was appointed our manager but that soon changed.

My favourite games and players are when Jim was manager.  My favourite ever Rams goal was Lee Carsleys at Pride Park - a wonderful flowing piece of football that I’d love to see again - was it against Southampton ?

Anyway RIP Jim and thanks for so many great memories.

10 minutes ago, Justa said:

So many great memories of watching the brilliant teams that Jim built.

I too remember being underwhelmed when he was appointed our manager but that soon changed.

My favourite games and players are when Jim was manager.  My favourite ever Rams goal was Lee Carsleys at Pride Park - a wonderful flowing piece of football that I’d love to see again - was it against Southampton ?

Anyway RIP Jim and thanks for so many great memories.

It was this one.

8 mins or so in - never seen this with Barry Davies commentary before. Enjoy Jim's (and Steve's) reaction to that Carsley goal.

Archived