Jim Smith

SamUltraRam

I was very proud of the Derby fans on Wednesday night especially 2nd half when they showed real leadership in belting out “Bald Eagle’s barmy army” at high volume persistently which visibly lifted the team to higher efforts. There can be no higher tribute than that so a repeat of that today will be top drawer. 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great tribute from the fans again but what we're the club thinking playing all three verses of Steve Bloomers watching during the tribute? It went on too long and wasn't Jim Smith specific just because there were a couple of clips showing him singing. Would have been better to play the audio recognising his time at Derby (but perhaps ending it at the Pride Park opening instead of going on to when he was sacked) that they played earlier.

Please can someone list the ex players who were there.

Jim is a sad loss, obviously, but great watching the old videos again. Though even that kind of makes the current plight harder to bear.

Anyway, I'd appreciate if someone could take the time out to say who was there.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Please can someone list the ex players who were there.

Jim is a sad loss, obviously, but great watching the old videos again. Though even that kind of makes the current plight harder to bear.

Anyway, I'd appreciate if someone could take the time out to say who was there.

Thank you.

Darryl Powell, Deon Burton, Darren Wassall, Christian Dailly, Rob Kozluk, Chris Powell, Matt Carbon, Steve McClaren, Paul Simpson and Gary Rowett.

In general the club did Jimmy proud. Then the team brought us back down to earth, in the context of what we have to suffer nowadays to the highs of watching the likes of Eranio, Stimac, Wanchope etc, managed and coached by Jim and Steve Mac, pulling PL teams all over the place. 

On 10/12/2019 at 20:46, JoetheRam said:

It was this one.

I just love this vid so much. It should be pinned to the top of this forum and on a constant loop in the dressing room at Moor Farm.

The interplay with Baiano, the turn by Wanchope where he goes between two defenders, the movement and passing.

Simply stunning football.

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Darryl Powell, Deon Burton, Darren Wassall, Christian Dailly, Rob Kozluk, Chris Powell, Matt Carbon, Steve McClaren, Paul Simpson and Gary Rowett.

....was chris powell there? If not i need better specs.

• 1 month later...
On 15/12/2019 at 23:51, IslandExile said:

I just love this vid so much. It should be pinned to the top of this forum and on a constant loop in the dressing room at Moor Farm.

The interplay with Baiano, the turn by Wanchope where he goes between two defenders, the movement and passing.

Simply stunning football.

Great kit ,one of my favourite shirts of all time

Archived