Jim Smith

SamUltraRam

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me a minute to open the thread, as soon as I saw the title I knew it would be sad news. 

A manager who bought so much to so many Derby fan's and quite rightly will be viewed as a club legend based solely upon his achievements. The mid-late 90's were great times at this club with many memories to treasure....thanks Jim!

Best wishes to his family and friends!

spacer.png

RIP Bald Eagle.

Will never forget going to the temporary ticket office / club shop outside Pride Park whilst it was being built. Had just ordered my season ticket and on the way out, bumped into the great man. I asked for a signature, but had nothing to put it on. So he went up to the counter, picked up a copy of the previous matchday programme, and signed the front cover for me. Still a treasured memory from those wonderful days.

The passing of a true football great. ?

25 minutes ago, Josh said:

About time the club started naming stands after club legends. 

13 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Rename the North Stand.

I was going to suggest the South Stand. Always the most populated; always the loudest. Seems like it'd be perfect for that to be the Jim Smith Stand.

Unless it has a name I didn't notice. 

Absolutely gutted.

My first year as a ST holder was the season he took us up. Wonderful memories of some of the best players I've seen wear the shirt will stay with me forever thanks to the Bald Eagle.

I think I remember reading somewhere that he liked a glass of wine; it just so happens I have one left in a bottle that I'll now drink to him.

Cheers Jim, thanks for the good times. You deserve your place in the Rams Hall of Fame.

1 minute ago, loweman2 said:

RIP Jim Smith ! The Bald Eagle ! The man who brought the good times back to Derby with a great big smile on his face ! Thanks Jim !

B81FF6C0-07F8-4847-95C9-CD2A856C0597.jpeg

I love that picture, so full of enjoyment in the company of other Rams.

Archived