Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

duck them. The team did a great job against Brum, why on earth would we consider putting the bad eggs back in? Keep them in the reserves and sell them in January. I'll be disgusted with Cocu if he picks either of them.

They’ve been ducking idiots but they aren’t intrinsically evil. 

Unless you then say that they’re bad eggs for drinking midweek, to which the counter-argument would be that four other drinkers started, one getting a goal, an assist and MOTM…

11 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

It could mean prison if they were found to be racing.

It might be argued that Keogh's injury was caused by dangerous driving, could spell big problems.

Depends what can and can't be proved. At the moment, all we know officially is that Bennett and Lawrence were charged with drink-driving, and Keogh was injured as a result of the crash. Anything else at the moment is rumour.

Just now, admira said:

If they play, I don't think they'll get a great reception from either set of fans.

Court case needs to come first IMO.

Worth mentioning Steve Nicholson over at the DET has said they trained last week too but they probably will not be involved in the matchday squad on Wednesday.

Personally I would just transfer list them and try and move them on in Jan. just so everyone can put it behind them and move on including themselves.

poo happens and we've all done silly things at times but when your in the public domain and can afford a taxi home then there’s no excuse really.

16 minutes ago, KCG said:

Got to have a good laugh at all the angels on here who have never done anything wrong in their lives ?

That's a very condescending comment, there's a whole world of difference between doing something wrong a driving at night completely drunk, with the potential to injure or kill.

But I suppose you just want a clever comment

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Unless you then say that they’re bad eggs for drinking midweek, to which the counter-argument would be that four other drinkers started, one getting a goal, an assist and MOTM…

They are bad eggs by electing to drive when over the limit ,when theres was transport laid on to take them home

Me personally I would like us to move them on as soon as practical, even if that means taking a financial hit on transfer price.

I'm not impressed that other players were out drinking heavily, but one assumes either they had club transport or taxi's home etc, although I have no knowledge either way on this.

I think the club should act (once court case has happened) with great speed and offer them for transfer in the January window to agents/clubs etc

I am not too sure either will be overly missed.

33 minutes ago, KCG said:

Got to have a good laugh at all the angels on here who have never done anything wrong in their lives ?

Let he who hasn't ever got pissed up on a night out, got in the car, put his mate in the back and driven home, had a shunt into another pissed up mate and seriously injured his mate, cast the first stone eh?

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I never said they're intrinsically evil. But they're bad news, they bring a bad vibe to the club, and they'll make the atmosphere poisonous around games. I will personally boo them if they ever represent us again.

I'm not part of the lynch mob that wants Lawrence and Bennett hung, drawn and quartered but there are a multitude of reasons why having them in tomorrow nights squad would be a bad idea. My opinion FWIW is that Sky have got their Guessometer out again. The same one they used when predicting the timeline for Lampard leaving.

Archived