Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Some people need to be VERY careful bandying names about of "supposed" other peoples involvement in said incident when the facts and participants are not fully known . You are leaving yourselves wide open to being charged with defamation of character etc  ............. be careful , just sayin'

There is a big red banner at the top of the page warning people - you would think it would be easy to see, but apparently not. David and the mods have had to delete a number of posts and I believe suspend the posting privileges of a couple of members. 

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’d say it’s not disrespectful in the slightest. It’s embarrassing yes, but people handle alcohol differently. Is someone throwing up after five pints worse than someone else drinking double but not showing the effects? 

It is disrespectful and embarrassing. Performances on the pitch haven't been good enough, these players should be doing all in their power to put that right. And handling their alcohol shouldn't even come in to it. Wednesday may have been a day off but excess drinking would still impact Thursday.

They started and didn't think, if they had any respect for their job they wouldn't have carried on. They are supposedly athletes, such is the high level of fitness required for football these days even contemplating a midweek pissup is stupid. When the season is over, go ahead.

17 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Getting pissed on a game week when you’re a professional footballer is wrong. Simple as.

They've been times when I've only had a few pints, not felt in anyway pissed and thrown up.

Outweighed by the times I've been senselessly paralytic and haven't.

You can be sick through drink without being particularly pissed.

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

They've been times when I've only had a few pints, not felt in anyway pissed and thrown up.

Although I’m on your side here, I do disagree with this. Sometimes a Jaegerbomb goes down my neck and comes straight back up. I can’t explain it but it usually leads to a run to the toilet and some chewing gum purchased from the toilet attendant!

Clearly, this wasn’t the case with Bennett.

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Probably also worth baring in mind footballers tolerance to alcohol is possibly a lot lower than people who regularly drink 10+ pints, I could easily throw 10 down my neck and make my way home unassisted, having not drank for close to 2 years now (health reasons not a recovering alcoholic), I would probably be finished after 5 if I went out tonight.

Again, not defending any of the players, but the levels of alcohol they drank are probably not as high as some are thinking, not that it makes this any better, just something to bare in mind that’s all.

1 minute ago, David said:

Probably also worth baring in mind footballers tolerance to alcohol is possibly a lot lower than people who regularly drink 10+ pints, I could easily throw 10 down my neck and make my way home unassisted, having not drank for close to 2 years now (health reasons not a recovering alcoholic), I would probably be finished after 5 if I went out tonight.

Again, not defending any of the players, but the levels of alcohol they drank are probably not as high as some are thinking, not that it makes this any better, just something to bare in mind that’s all.

I always think that the combination of not drinking much and a general lack of bad carbs in the diet make footballers especially susceptible to alcohol!

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I always think that the combination of not drinking much and a general lack of bad carbs in the diet make footballers especially susceptible to alcohol!

True, it's unlikely during a team meal they were wolfing back steak and chips, seeing as bacon and sausage are off the menu at work.

Light healthy meal, and only a few pints would provoke more reaction than is normal.

Well ....that has all fallen nicely into Cocu's hands now.

Hudds to play, but not as captain.

Bennett and Lawrence training away from the team until their court appearance, possibly look to move them on in Jan. Keogh in rehab and kept well away from the team.  

Any other idiots not yet named to be made to scrub the stadium toilets after match day to show them a bit of humility and respect of other people (and who may also have had a few beers and a dodgy pie or two). 

Fresh start, better attitude, things look brighter.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Oh..... and this...C1829F4B-1C46-4E2E-9415-0B0AEB12B296.thumb.jpeg.084fdaa60f3847d89691271b2924472c.jpeg

Bit unfair to raise these cases after so long. It’s not like their players were going around town making racially motivated assaults on students is it! 

Every club has its cases of bamfords acting like bamfords. Ours just happen to have done it this week and hopefully I never have to see either again.

Archived