Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/09/2019 at 09:01, ramsbottom said:

The relevance is the level of hysteria being metered out due to what boils down to a prang.  If they'd caused harm to others, then yes, clap 'em in irons and tare up their contracts.  But the fact it's these two, who're, lets be fair, polorising characters everyone's going ape-dodo...  If it were Marriott or Holmes, they're wouldn't anywhere near this amount.

Looks like you must have had a few when you wrote this, or is English your second language? It's not the "prang", it is what preceded it.

Quite pleased there was no huge chants yesterday supporting the players involved, i though i did hear an attempt at mason bennett 'he'll drink what he wants' try to get going but can't be 100%.

Clearly we do have some idiot fans, i was taking a pre match pee, tab hanging on conversation next to me, two blokes talking about what a good lad bennett is and good to see hes having a laugh and enjoying his young life. Morons.

There may be a silver lining to the cloud of this debacle.

It may put an end to any drinking culture at the club, if this was the case. This will lead to an upturn in performances and results.

The New Year curse may be lifted if it was due to the players being not fully recovered from their festive celebrations over the late winter/early spring weeks when we traditionally collapse.

On 28/09/2019 at 19:15, IronRam 140.6 said:

No its not.

Hi Mason. You going to buy a bike on monday? By the way, your footballskills are a little better than your drinking and driving skills.. Not much, just a little bit. Say hi to Richard. Tell Tom we scored 3 against Birmingham and Jamie played very well..... 

On 27/09/2019 at 11:55, Brummie Steve said:

For once I am glad not to be a season ticket holder.

At least I can cancel my £5 a month sub to Rams TV.

First democracy then Derby County let me down.

I hadn't booked with Thomas Cook so I can't claim three disappointments in a week!

Pessimist? Me! No, just a realist.

I have renewed my £5 a month to RamsTV.

Mr Morris and Mr Cocu have behaved impeccably as did the supporters yesterday.

As facts emerge it has become clear that no blame attaches to the club who should not be punished for the stupidity of individuals who no longer deserve to wear the team colours.

I am still confused by Keogh's part in this but feel genuinely sorry for him. (no notices of intended prosecution apparently) and wish him a speedy and full recovery.

On 28/09/2019 at 12:21, ThePrisoner said:

The Daily Mail ran a story acting as if the fake audio note was gospel. It’s not true. 

I don't know, I actually think the audio is correct. It was out nearly a full day before the sun revealed the video of Bradley Johnson being there. I would say something like that is next to impossible to guess, especially when it was originally announced as a team building night out. 

27 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

I have renewed my £5 a month to RamsTV.

Mr Morris and Mr Cocu have behaved impeccably as did the supporters yesterday.

As facts emerge it has become clear that no blame attaches to the club who should not be punished for the stupidity of individuals who no longer deserve to wear the team colours.

I am still confused by Keogh's part in this but feel genuinely sorry for him. (no notices of intended prosecution apparently) and wish him a speedy and full recovery.

If he was riding in the car he is as responsible.  "Don't let friends drink and drive"

3 hours ago, DenmarkRam said:

Hi Mason. You going to buy a bike on monday? By the way, your footballskills are a little better than your drinking and driving skills.. Not much, just a little bit. Say hi to Richard. Tell Tom we scored 3 against Birmingham and Jamie played very well..... 

I know I know! If only I had JUST got pished, instead of then adding on all the lunacy that followed. I mean lots of eminent people get pished without recourse.

The forum could've been a topic short then eh?

Seems from the big red warning sign at the top of this I must have missed a LOT of fun and giggles on here

Just a couple of thoughts:

Lawrence and Bennett universally stupid and I hope BIG fines come from both the courts and the club alongside a period in the u23s and whatever other punishment deemed necessary (personally I would have had them doing shuttle runs pre-match on Saturday in front of the South stand to let them know what the fans thought of their behaviour)

Then when punishment has been served they can work their way back into the first team - We don't kill people for making mistakes in this country - We punish them, they serve a penance and then we try to reform them (in theory) - Same for these guys

10 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

He got in a car with drink-drivers - Whatever else happened he behaved idiotically - And has suffered badly because of it - Think he has probably got a worse punishment than the others for his actions but that's kind of his own stupid fault

Finally

Nice to see Martin getting game time for purely football reasons...

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett trained with their Derby team-mates on Monday and are in contention to face Barnsley in midweek despite being charged with drink-driving.

However, manager Philip Cocu has been keen to re-integrate the pair into his squad after chairman Mel Morris met with the players to call for unity.

Cocu will decide whether Lawrence and Bennett will play at Oakwell based on their emotional state and the mood towards them from the rest of the squad, having sat out the 3-2 win over Birmingham on Saturday.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/11823555/Derby-drink-drive-duo-mason-bennett-and-tom-lawrence-training-and-in-contention-to-face-barnsley

No thank you.

10 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

With it being Sky Sports I guess it's their understanding, and will be within the next 48 hours??

It's one thing training with the squad in order to keep fitness levels up.  It's entirely different to being considered for selection. 

If they were in the squad come midweek I expect Cocu & Morris' stock will go down faster than an Allenton bird after quaffing 3 WKD's!!

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What?! If nothing else they shouldn’t be allowed back in because the mood amongst the team was so much better without them Saturday! I’ll be absolutely fuming if they’re allowed back in, especially this quickly!

I wouldn't worry overly about it - Cocu will know that you don't mess around too much with a winning side

4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

It's one thing training with the squad in order to keep fitness levels up.  It's entirely different to being considered for selection. 

I actually think getting them back into training today is an excellent idea

Stick them in the changing room and out on the pitch to be surrounded by the guys they have let down - Make them face it head on - Nothing more humiliating than knowing how much you've let down your team and then having to look them in the eye - Especially the ones who behaved well and went home early - The guys who behaved well and responsibly - The guys who played well on Saturday and got us a win

Archived