Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the published story in the paper is true.....Its amazing to think that they only really got caught because they went back for keogh.

if they hadn't forgotten him they could have laid low until they'd sobered up. And maybe no-one would even know that Bennett was involved?

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

If the published story in the paper is true.....Its amazing to think that they only really got caught because they went back for keogh.

if they hadn't forgotten him they could have laid low until they'd sobered up. And maybe no-one would even know that Bennett was involved?

They might start asking questions when Bennett turns up in a new motor at a days notice and his old one is found a burning wreck...

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The Daily Mail ran a story acting as if the fake audio note was gospel. It’s not true. 

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I don't suppose the true story will ever actually be known. I can't see how it will ever come out, unless it turns up in an autobiography one day. We won't know who was in the cars, or why anyone was in the back seat etc.

13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

If, and its a big IF the story is true. Wasn't Bennetts car involved?

What they may have got away with was the drink driving element, but would have faced charges of leaving the scene of an accident and potentially dangerous driving depending on witness accounts.

To be honest it is true, they will get charged with leaving the scene of an accident too, it doesnt count if you go back.

I am not convinced its true though.

Some people in here are almost as daft as those involved if they think when these guys got into cars after drinking, they did so out of lack of respect for the club, the fans, the manager, their teammates etc! 

Most drink drivers will never consider the risks as more than the risk of getting caught, that’s the whole point. 

Not one drink driver thinks that the alcohol will affect their ability to drive ffs!

I cannot understand how people reacting to this are so convinced it was done as a slight against them and the club, it wasn’t, get over yourself! You wasn’t even part of the thought process! 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

They are not even great players. Why fanny about?

The quality of the players should have no bearing on the decision made by the club.

1 hour ago, Malagaram said:

Have seen on the blog that Bennett attended a drink awareness course recently,anyone have any more information

Yeah it was where to buy it from awareness course.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Some people in here are almost as daft as those involved if they think when these guys got into cars after drinking, they did so out of lack of respect for the club, the fans, the manager, their teammates etc! 

Most drink drivers will never consider the risks as more than the risk of getting caught, that’s the whole point. 

Not one drink driver thinks that the alcohol will affect their ability to drive ffs!

I cannot understand how people reacting to this are so convinced it was done as a slight against them and the club, it wasn’t, get over yourself! You wasn’t even part of the thought process! 

Totally true. Fans all think that the player care about them and the club, they don’t, none of them do. They can say they do but they don’t. 

Some people need to be VERY careful bandying names about of "supposed" other peoples involvement in said incident when the facts and participants are not fully known . You are leaving yourselves wide open to being charged with defamation of character etc  ............. be careful , just sayin'

46 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

No, but I'd argue getting pissed to the point of vomiting on the week of a match is extremely disrespectful to the club, particularly as it was in a public place in Derbyshire. 

And I'm fully aware that this will have happened before, both here and at other clubs. Doesn't make it right.

Mel has a problem , if he sacks the three he loses his investment , if he plays them the fans will not be happy 

He should put them on the minimum wage and sold in January or whenever 

The players need to accept whatever punishment comes their way 

Keogh has really let everyone down, this situation shows he is not a leader 

very sad 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Yes exactly. All reasoning goes out of the window when in the moment. 

This may well lose them more than their jobs or careers. If Keogh was my husband I would not be in the same house as him as the betrayal to me and the family unit would be enormous. He could have gone out of this club with hundreds of games under his belt, head held high, with great affection. Instead he’s washed up in shame. He’s tarnished his family. Absolute cretin. 

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

No, but I'd argue getting pissed to the point of vomiting on the week of a match is extremely disrespectful to the club, particularly as it was in a public place in Derbyshire. 

And I'm fully aware that this will have happened before, both here and at other clubs. Doesn't make it right.

I’d say it’s not disrespectful in the slightest. It’s embarrassing yes, but people handle alcohol differently. Is someone throwing up after five pints worse than someone else drinking double but not showing the effects? 

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’d say it’s not disrespectful in the slightest. It’s embarrassing yes, but people handle alcohol differently. Is someone throwing up after five pints worse than someone else drinking double but not showing the effects? 

Getting pissed on a game week when you’re a professional footballer is wrong. Simple as.

Archived