Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I wouldn't worry overly about it - Cocu will know that you don't mess around too much with a winning side

I actually think getting them back into training today is an excellent idea

Stick them in the changing room and out on the pitch to be surrounded by the guys they have let down - Make them face it head on - Nothing more humiliating than knowing how much you've let down your team and then having to look them in the eye - Especially the ones who behaved well and went home early - The guys who behaved well and responsibly - The guys who played well on Saturday and got us a win

I'm sorry but I imagine it's been quickly forgotten and the piss taking has already begun. They'll be good mates with the vast majority of the squad and football is a unique environment.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

?

39 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm sorry but I imagine it's been quickly forgotten and the piss taking has already begun. They'll be good mates with the vast majority of the squad and football is a unique environment.

I agree to an extent - Some will have found it amusing and already put it behind them - But some won't - Football squads are the same as any working environment - Just cos they're matey 'at work' doesn't mean they're all matey outside that - There will be enough in the squad who will be resentful of their actions to make it a difficult experience going back to training

Plus facing the bosses and knowing you've got to be 3 times as good now to deserve your place is going to be a challenge for them

i am all for rehabilitating them, but that can't happen if they don't take out their punishment first.  It must become clear to them that there are real repercussions for their behavior.  At the very least, i think they should not play for the first team until after mid October.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

duck them. The team did a great job against Brum, why on earth would we consider putting the bad eggs back in? Keep them in the reserves and sell them in January. I'll be disgusted with Cocu if he picks either of them.

And whoever at board level allows them to be available, for that matter

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

And whoever at board level allows them to be available, for that matter

Agreed. I am certainly not even close to being able to forgive them, and I imagine many others feel the same. We don't need the negativity or divisiveness it brings. It would be best for the club as a whole to purge itself of the culprits and move forward.

Just now, Andicis said:

Agreed. I am certainly not even close to being able to forgive them, and I imagine many others feel the same. We don't need the negativity or divisiveness it brings. It would be best for the club as a whole to purge itself of the culprits and move forward.

The atmosphere would be awful if they’re playing as well, and for good reason. Get rid of them and forget about them imo. Regardless, Paterson looks twice the player of the pair of them judging by Saturday.

If anyone loses their place to either of them then I think it’s a huge mistake.

Even if Lawrence came off the bench and scored the winner, what kind of message does that send out? Break the law and only luck means you don’t kill anybody.

That’s ok, sit out one game for your sins. I think we have to be, and will be, a lot more punitive in our dealing with both of them.

On 28/09/2019 at 13:58, GenBr said:

There is a big red banner at the top of the page warning people - you would think it would be easy to see, but apparently not. David and the mods have had to delete a number of posts and I believe suspend the posting privileges of a couple of members. 

Despite the ban hammer threat I've got to say did any one else notice that Ewie was conspicuous by her absence on Saturday?  I wouldn't have noticed but my 5yr old did - he for some unknown reason likes 'lambykins'.  I'm dreading the video's coming out...

35 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The fans haven't forgotten it though. It won't be much fun walking out to 30,000 fans who consider you to be the worst prat at the club since at least Gary Charles.

12 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

The fans haven't forgotten it though. It won't be much fun walking out to 30,000 fans who consider you to be the worst prat at the club since at least Gary Charles.

Considering Huddlestone got booed by some on Saturday, can you imagine what the response will be if either TL or MB are in the team next weekend?

I really won’t be happy if either of them are involved.

21 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Despite the ban hammer threat I've got to say did any one else notice that Ewie was conspicuous by her absence on Saturday?  I wouldn't have noticed but my 5yr old did - he for some unknown reason likes 'lambykins'.  I'm dreading the video's coming out...

They do currently have a vacancy on the mascot team on their website if you fancy donning a few costumes to help out. 

image.png.2509149db7e0dd0cc4097be7240a1ac2.png

I wouldn't even have them training until after the trial. They could well go to prison, how is trying to integrate them back into the squad before a verdict is reached, productive in any way?

As others have said, they may well be training but i'd be incredibly surprised if they were anywhere near a matchday squad for a while

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I wouldn't even have them training until after the trial. They could well go to prison, how is trying to integrate them back into the squad before a verdict is reached, productive in any way?

As others have said, they may well be training but i'd be incredibly surprised if they were anywhere near a matchday squad for a while

Irrespective of any other considerations, I would be very surprised if their heads were in the right place to play.  There are some offences which depending on the particular employment would mean gardening leave.  The club can make this as difficult as they feel appropriate but I can see that by allowing them into the training squad is the least risky of the options available and I support it

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Would be happy to see them on the bench for the forthcoming game. We are still paying their wages and they still can contribute to matters on the field, so if PC feels he needs them, then I back that call.

I can see your logic, but honestly it would be PR suicide to put either of these anywhere near the squad right now. At least wait until the court date has passed, even if their heads were in the right place we'd be sending an awful message to the public. 

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Suspect the punishment will rely on a few details that are yet to surface.

If it's just the driving whilst unfit, it'll be a massive fine, points and a ban from driving. I'd be a little surprised if they went to prison.

If there's more to it... well...

It could mean prison if they were found to be racing.

Archived