Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

Keoghs an awful footballer. If you think hes good then i suggest watching any other centre half play. Falling over him self when bamford hit the post, cant pass, gets caught on the ball, gets caught marking his man. Commited yes, talent no. 

He's played and captained under how many managers? Made how many appearances? Played how many internationals?

But you know better. He's an 'awful' footballer? Why don't you sit quietly and reflect?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Needlesh said:

He's played and captained under how many managers? Made how many appearances? Played how many internationals?

But you know better. He's an 'awful' footballer? Why don't you sit quietly and reflect?

Played and captained a side that failed season in season out. All those managers have failed too. My dog could play for Ireland. I'll sit down and reflect when you do. It's embarrassing you think he's good enough. Put the tele on, watch another centre half. You'll be amazed. 

8 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Our teams crap. 1-11. How many years has keogh played for us? How many of those years have been failures? You obviously rate him. I dont, never have and probably never will. Cigar waiting for when he goes. 

I really don't get how people think every season we don't get promoted is failure. Who do you think you're supporting? Are Wigan failing every season? They have more top flight football in the last couple of decades than us. What about Hull? What about Leeds, Forest? Fulham have like 13 years in the top flight since I was born. What we had? Half that. 

I'd like to know if you judge your career or you kids, grandkids so harshly.

"Dad! I came 4th in the regional finals"

"Not first is it? Put the failure hat on, lad"

Like I said;

6 player of the year awards

EFL team of the year 14/15

ROI international

Over 400 Championship games

2 play off finals

4 play off semi finals

Captain of Derby side with most points in season

Captain of Derby side with most goals in season

Captain of Derby side with clean sheet record

First choice since the day he arrived and better than every CB we've had in that time

He's no Aiden Flint though with all his promotions and successes 

We played poorly today (dare I say again?), but then look at our opening 6 or 7 games.  I'd venture it's one of or toughest starts for years - Leeds, WBA, Brentford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Swansea and Stoke.  I will really judge over the next 6 games.  If similar performances / results, yes, we may have cause to worry.   

6 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Played and captained a side that failed season in season out. All those managers have failed too. My dog could play for Ireland. I'll sit down and reflect when you do. It's embarrassing you think he's good enough. Put the tele on, watch another centre half. You'll be amazed. 

Have you been out in the sun too long? 

Bielsa hinting that first hour was possibly his sides best since he arrived...

"We played 60 minutes very good, maybe the best since I've coached the team. But the last 15 minutes was flat.  We couldn't control the end of the match.  When we lose a point in this way it's difficult to admit reasons why. But we started to play long rather than line to line."

Erm, Excuse me Mr Bielsa sir... that was two points you just lost, not "a point"!  ?

...And thanks in part to our generous neighbours beating Barnsley, we are now a very healthy 3 points clear of the drop zone.  Today just get's better, and better!  Who needs performances, with days like this!   ??

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I really don't get how people think every season we don't get promoted is failure. Who do you think you're supporting? Are Wigan failing every season? They have more top flight football in the last couple of decades than us. What about Hull? What about Leeds, Forest? Fulham have like 13 years in the top flight since I was born. What we had? Half that. 

I'd like to know if you judge your career or you kids, grandkids so harshly.

"Dad! I came 4th in the regional finals"

"Not first is it? Put the failure hat on, lad"

Like I said;

6 player of the year awards

EFL team of the year 14/15

ROI international

Over 400 Championship games

2 play off finals

4 play off semi finals

Captain of Derby side with most points in season

Captain of Derby side with most goals in season

Captain of Derby side with clean sheet record

First choice since the day he arrived and better than every CB we've had in that time

He's no Aiden Flint though with all his promotions and successes 

None so blind (or thick) as those who will not see.

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Exactly why they all call him "Le God" round here still and he's first in line to open just about anything...….er…..hang on, where was I...…...

ah yes...…….crap, he was!...……...??

I can’t tell if you’re adding to my sarcasm or missing my point ?

6 minutes ago, Xlor said:

You must have one hell of a managerial career. You must have a bloody clever dog too. Maybe you should let him know your password?

2 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

Bielik had a shocker I thought 

I actually didnt realise he was playing in the first half.

To have a game where we had no posession you would expect it to be because we had a defensive unit set up, but time after time they waltzed through the middle of us.

Hes definitely had a mixed bag of performances so far.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

None so blind (or thick) as those who will not see.

You can't call anyone thick pal after some of your '5k' comments. You think I'm thick for not rating Keogh (and the rest) , I think you're massively thick for rating the donkeys.  ??‍♂️. One win in 8, 16th in the league. Yeah, cracking. If anyone cares to read my original post then you'll be aware I mentioned 11 players not just Keogh and never Flint. Over and out. ?

Just watched the Sky highlights and disturbed by the number of good chances that the dirties created. Defensively we look nervy, missing a calm leader/organiser, perhaps a back 3 of Keogh, Bielik & Clarke would be worth trying.

Great to see Chrissy Martin coming on and scoring, if we can get him fit and firing it will be as good as signing a new £10 million striker for the season. I thought Max Lowe did really well in the build up to our goal by putting in a great cross with his right foot instead of coming back onto his favoured left. Lowe and Bogle as wing backs surely an option.

How on earth we managed to steal a point is beyond me admittedly based upon those limited highlight. We need to build on this result...

Archived