Jump to content

Leeds United (A) Match Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, Bottlejob Utd - last seen bawling their eyes out on a lovely May evening...

Same team please bar Jozefzoon in for suspended Lawrence. Is an argument for taking Huddlestone out & putting someone more mobile in but that would restrict Bielek's influence.

I do suspect its going to be a tough afternoon for us. We're clearly in a development phase as a team whereas they've had well over a season to mould their team & style. They will also be very motivated to try & 'avenge' May as if a regular League game comes close to a playoff semi. Still, can't legislate for stupid.

 

Edited by LeedsCityRam
Link to post
Share on other sites

At least Roofe is no longer there to torment us. And that knuckle-dragger Janssen.

Given where we are in our re-development I can accept a defeat if we see some continued progression, building on the decent bits from yesterday.

Be gutted if Bamford scored though the great pansy...…...😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamer in for Roos , can't be any worse ! 

Zoon in for Lawrence . 

Bogle for Lowe if fit . 

                             Hamer 

Bogle.       Keogh.         Clarke.      Malone

                   Bielik.     Huddlestone 

                            Holmes 

            Waghorn. Marriott. Josefzoon 

     

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those games this where really you’d somewhat expect to be well beaten and if we come home with nothing it’s not exactly the end of the world. That’s if other games have gone to plan anyway, it’s a game you can afford to write off and still challenge. Leeds are an absolutely brilliant team who are unreal going forwards with the creativity and movement they have- something we can only dream of our team having. But, unfortunately we’ve dropped a lot of points where we shouldn’t have, so there’s a bit more pressure on the game than there would’ve been had we won the games that we should have. But, this is the championship and anything can happen- leeds have shown the odd bit of defensive vulnerability this season so it’s not impossible for us to get something. Team for me would be:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Clarke Malone

Huddlestone Bielik

Waghorn Holmes Josefzoon 

Marriott

Harsh on Lowe, but we need players in their right positions for this. Hopefully bogles back and that’s possible. Lowe twice had a mare against Leeds last season so I’d leave him out for this one as to not damage his confidence and bring him back another game- malone gets a chance here. Josefzoon looked good in his cameo so he comes in for the suspended Lawrence.

We’ve seen exactly the style leeds play so hope we’re well prepared for this one. I want to see us pressing them back in their half so they can’t play their natural game like we did in that play off second leg. Need to really close off their options in midfield as well and stop their possession game. Think this is one of the few games where a 4231 really is needed in this league, and we need Huddlestone and Bielik providing a proper solid shield to the defence- want to see them making those interceptions and properly influencing the game. Don’t want to see them being cut through too easy or bypassed. Have to be proper wary of Hernández in particular, always tears us apart, need both wingers to support their full backs in defence to stop him. Hopefully we’ve the week+ long rest we’ll be well up for this and give a good account of ourselves at least. Leeds are a team I absolutely despise and beating them would be amazing- but losing, while somewhat expected, would really hurt. Hopefully the players know what this one means to the fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

      Roos

Bogle. Keogh Davis Malone

Huddlestone. Bielik

           Holmes

waghorn Martin Marriott 

have no confidence in Clarke at the moment and we need to keep the ball up front a bit better, I think Chris Martin might be able to bring Jack into play. Waghorn on the wing and Holmes in a free role.

Edited by Woodley Ram
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

One of those games this where really you’d somewhat expect to be well beaten and if we come home with nothing it’s not exactly the end of the world. That’s if other games have gone to plan anyway, it’s a game you can afford to write off and still challenge. Leeds are an absolutely brilliant team who are unreal going forwards with the creativity and movement they have- something we can only dream of our team having. But, unfortunately we’ve dropped a lot of points where we shouldn’t have, so there’s a bit more pressure on the game than there would’ve been had we won the games that we should have. But, this is the championship and anything can happen- leeds have shown the odd bit of defensive vulnerability this season so it’s not impossible for us to get something. Team for me would be:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Clarke Malone

Huddlestone Bielik

Waghorn Holmes Josefzoon 

Marriott

Harsh on Lowe, but we need players in their right positions for this. Hopefully bogles back and that’s possible. Lowe twice had a mare against Leeds last season so I’d leave him out for this one as to not damage his confidence and bring him back another game- malone gets a chance here. Josefzoon looked good in his cameo so he comes in for the suspended Lawrence.

We’ve seen exactly the style leeds play so hope we’re well prepared for this one. I want to see us pressing them back in their half so they can’t play their natural game like we did in that play off second leg. Need to really close off their options in midfield as well and stop their possession game. Think this is one of the few games where a 4231 really is needed in this league, and we need Huddlestone and Bielik providing a proper solid shield to the defence- want to see them making those interceptions and properly influencing the game. Don’t want to see them being cut through too easy or bypassed. Have to be proper wary of Hernández in particular, always tears us apart, need both wingers to support their full backs in defence to stop him. Hopefully we’ve the week+ long rest we’ll be well up for this and give a good account of ourselves at least. Leeds are a team I absolutely despise and beating them would be amazing- but losing, while somewhat expected, would really hurt. Hopefully the players know what this one means to the fans.

I'm  expecting ten changes mi owd seeing our much it means to us . ..àla forest game 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No point playing wingers. If Cardiff proved anything it showed we don't have any wingers other than maybe Zoon. Lawrence and Waghorn both drift into the middle constantly - 90% of the time there is no outlet on the wing. At least the spying probably won't work this time though since it isn't often we play the same team two games in a row - gotta keep em guessing.

             Hamer

Bogle Keogh Davis Lowe

               Bielik

         Hudds Holmes

               Martin

        Waghorn Marriott

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14 Sep 2019 at 13:39, LeedsCityRam said:

Ah yes, Bottlejob Utd - last seen bawling their eyes out on a lovely May evening...

Same team please bar Jozefzoon in for suspended Lawrence. Is an argument for taking Huddlestone out & putting someone more mobile in but that would restrict Bielek's influence.

I do suspect its going to be a tough afternoon for us. We're clearly in a development phase as a team whereas they've had well over a season to mould their team & style. They will also be very motivated to try & 'avenge' May as if a regular League game comes close to a playoff semi. Still, can't legislate for stupid.

 

" Avenge May"Never, cant be done. Whupping us 25 - 0 for the next 100 years wont avenge May. 

In terms of the long running Leeds/ Derrby rivalry it was Game, Set, Match and Goodnight Sweetheart.

Cocu could get us promoted, win the Premier league and five european cups and it STILL wont be better than the best football night of my life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

" Avenge May"Never, cant be done. Whupping us 25 - 0 for the next 100 years wont avenge May. 

In terms of the long running Leeds/ Derrby rivalry it was Game, Set, Match and Goodnight Sweetheart.

Cocu could get us promoted, win the Premier league and five european cups and it STILL wont be better than the best football night of my life.

Certainly the best 2 hours of my Derby supporting life! Their best team for 15 years, top 2 all year, they'd done the 'hard work' at PP....and we stuffed them out of sight! Their faces at the end 🤣 'Take your scarves, eff off home' booming around Elland Road!! 

I was very gracious in victory at work the next day 🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Certainly the best 2 hours of my Derby supporting life! Their best team for 15 years, top 2 all year, they'd done the 'hard work' at PP....and we stuffed them out of sight! Their faces at the end 🤣 'Take your scarves, eff off home' booming around Elland Road!! 

I was very gracious in victory at work the next day 🤣🤣

It was something I don’t think I’ll ever experience again. I hope it can be bettered but I doubt it will. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

      Roos

Bogle. Keogh Davis Malone

Huddlestone. Bielik

           Holmes

waghorn Martin Marriott 

have no confidence in Clarke at the moment and we need to keep the ball up front a bit better, I think Chris Martin might be able to bring Jack into play. Waghorn on the wing and Holmes in a free role.

I like that. Never been a great fan of Martin but that might just work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

my ideal team goes something like this:
Hamer

Bogle   Keogh   Clarke   Lowe

Bielik

Holmes   Huddz/Shinnie

Waghorn   Marriott   Malone

feel Scotty could do a shift on the left wing, help out Lowe in defense and we know his qualities when driving forward

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately i cant see us leaving Elland Road with anything but a 3-0 defeat, however on the flip side it is the Derby way to somehow get a result in out of the blue in games like these.

Bielsa doesn't need to say anything to get his team up for this one does he, Revenge.

I dont know what Cocu knows about this fixture but if he comes out and calls it a "Rivalry" i will be expecting 10 changes 😉 I just hope he understands how much they will want this and we need to be spot on with how approach the game. If we lose the ball cheaply when starting attacks and get caught forward we will get picked off.

This could well be the game to kick start a bit of form, nothing like top 2 or top 6 form but just some much needed wins. The problem is the longer we wait for another league win the harder games become, games against Luton at home which look easier than most on paper become really tough and important games.

As a Rams fan i have become used to top 6 finishes in the past 5-6 years, before that top half would of done, I would snap your hand off for a top 12 finish this season, I would love it all to click and storm up the league but i cant see it playing out like that just yet. However i will say, If we lose this weekend and find ourselves in the bottom 3 come next Saturday it is unacceptable, I really want Cocu to have time and when i say unacceptable it doesn't mean im saying sack him because i dont blame him necessarily for where we are. What im trying to say is Transition season or not, being in the bottom 3 of the Championship is unacceptable for Derby County. I know there has been changes but going from 6th to bottom 3 is a massive drop and its inexcusable. We need to steady the ship in terms of consistent performances and results. The biggest thing so far is that Friday was better but the same problems occur every game, giving the ball away cheaply and individual mistakes etc. I hope Phil and the players can just dig in and start clicking a little bit more and we see improvements on the pitch.

Hoping for the best Saturday. COYR

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.