Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Went to the game today , Chris Martin i love you , how we got a point i dont know , but we did and how the leeds fans wailed   again, and for the big brave soul that spat on our windscreen as we left then hid behind his mate when we got out to confront him , you bottled it just like your team , big shout out for Keogh and Lowe both immense and for those giving Roos stick , dont forget he made a couple of decent saves to keep us in it , this could be a turning point in our season , fingers crossed , COYR

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Danelaw Rams said:

?

Christ he does drone on this bloke doesn't he? He's like a mate at work who once took half an hour longer explaining to me how he put a tent up than it actually took in real time.

Anyway Conor, jog on you boring twit and thanks for the point!

Well I will keep it honest - that was horrendous!

roos - ok I suppose 

lowe - did his best at right back and made the one run forward in the game for us

keogh - did more right than wrong 

Clarke - dreadful frightened rabbit from league 1 - Davies has to play?

malone - not massively dreadful but does disappear from his position 

huddlestone - improved immensely once Belick got out of his way but as always far to slow

belick - sorry I thought he was extremely poor

holmes - never a central midfielder but had no help from anyone 

Waghorn - again very little to work with 

jafoozon- no worse than anyone else and I don’t think he gives us more than 10 mins a game

marriott - nothing to work with but can’t get hold of the ball and hold it anyway

subs - Paterson- one short lay off for Martin 

knight - actually played in the midfield for the short period of time he was on the pitch

martin - hero worship - well actually he played centre forward you know won free kicks challenges centre half’s lays short balls off to Derby players and doesn’t panic and puts the ball on target - goal - good for you son

well Cocu needs to realise Martin and Marriott will be successful together and we absolutely have to play in midfield rather than having 2 defensive midfielders contributing nothing and Curtis Davies is actually a very good defender ! 

Rant over 

20 minutes ago, cannable said:

Which is why I think he may well be more of a ball carrier than a proper holding midfielder, he’s got good feet and carries the ball well. 

If the £10m is true it’s a lot for what I’ve seen so far. I just hope for him the price tag doesn’t wear heavy around his neck. 

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

This season is poor. No argument. 

It was how hard you went in on Keogh that got a reaction. 

There's whole list of pathetic performers this season. 

But previous seasons have not all been failure. Mac elevated us twice. Even Rowett did well in results considering the damage left by Clement and Pearson

Clement spent big on an already good team and so I can understand calling his time a flop. 

Pearson added nothing. Showed no promise.

Rowett did little to help our future. 

But Lampard was a success in terms of a season of playing better stuff, using young players and kind of rebuilding. But then he shot off and now Cocu must do the same

I just can't agree that it's success or failure based on promotion. Some managers have improved on previous.

How hard I went in on Keogh? I slated the lot equally. 

Just now, Remy the hare said:

If the £10m is true it’s a lot for what I’ve seen so far. I just hope for him the price tag doesn’t wear heavy around his neck. 

Me too. To be honest seems a bit odd he has to wear it. Especially if its made of lead or something.

You would think nowadays a barcode would be less cumbersome.

1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

You must have one hell of a managerial career. You must have a bloody clever dog too. Maybe you should let him know your password

I think he already has

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

You can't call anyone thick pal after some of your '5k' comments. You think I'm thick for not rating Keogh (and the rest) , I think you're massively thick for rating the donkeys.  ??‍♂️. One win in 8, 16th in the league. Yeah, cracking. If anyone cares to read my original post then you'll be aware I mentioned 11 players not just Keogh and never Flint. Over and out. ?

18 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

I didn't call you a name. I criticised your opinion. I also called you out specifically about the player you gave the most hate to, Richard Keogh, and all you had was to state that your dog could play for Ireland. Whatever pal. You're entitled to your opinion. Just know that it's a mardy, foolish and ill-considered one.

Again, read the original post. I said all of them aren't good enough not just rodders. If your not capable of reading it properly you can't really critcise my opinion to say it's Mardy , foolish and ill-considered. Being as you seem to know a great deal about everything, id very much like to hear your opinion on this side. 

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

Played and captained a side that failed season in season out. All those managers have failed too. My dog could play for Ireland. I'll sit down and reflect when you do. It's embarrassing you think he's good enough. Put the tele on, watch another centre half. You'll be amazed. 

That is a very bold statement about your dog, frankly i am not sure i believe you. If you are going to make such a claim the least you can do is provide evidence of his Irish ancestry otherwise i will only choose to believe his only option for international football is with England.

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

roos - ok I suppose - or not, gave the defence jitters

lowe - did his best at right back and made the one run forward in the game for us - had a decent game

Clarke - dreadful frightened rabbit from league 1 - Davies has to play? - at least decided to clear the ball out when necessary

malone - not massively dreadful but does disappear from his position - had a decent game (comparatively) and looked like he was bovvered 

huddlestone - improved immensely once Belick got out of his way but as always far to slow - yep, but still didn't do much

belick - sorry I thought he was extremely poor - might have done better without Hudds?

holmes - never a central midfielder but had no help from anyone - wasted

Waghorn - again very little to work with - wasted and did little

jafoozon- no worse than anyone else and I don’t think he gives us more than 10 mins a game - appalling and was worse than only 10 mins of Paterson 

marriott - nothing to work with but can’t get hold of the ball and hold it anyway

subs - Paterson- one short lay off for Martin - did a bit more than lay it off 

knight - actually played in the midfield for the short period of time he was on the pitch - why did he get dropped

martin - hero worship - well actually he played centre forward you know won free kicks challenges centre half’s lays short balls off to Derby players and doesn’t panic and puts the ball on target - goal - good for you son

well Cocu needs to realise Martin and Marriott will be successful together and we absolutely have to play in midfield rather than having 2 defensive midfielders contributing nothing and Curtis Davies is actually a very good defender! - Davies and Keogh could form a partnership but no point in expecting much playing out from the back from Davies (no bad thing!)

Rant over 

44 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

roos - ok I suppose 

lowe - did his best at right back and made the one run forward in the game for us

Clarke - dreadful frightened rabbit from league 1 - Davies has to play?

malone - not massively dreadful but does disappear from his position 

huddlestone - improved immensely once Belick got out of his way but as always far to slow

belick - sorry I thought he was extremely poor

holmes - never a central midfielder but had no help from anyone 

Waghorn - again very little to work with 

jafoozon- no worse than anyone else and I don’t think he gives us more than 10 mins a game

subs - Paterson- one short lay off for Martin 

knight - actually played in the midfield for the short period of time he was on the pitch

well Cocu needs to realise Martin and Marriott will be successful together and we absolutely have to play in midfield rather than having 2 defensive midfielders contributing nothing and Curtis Davies is actually a very good defender ! 

Rant over 

If I saw it correctly, I think Malone was getting stick from some Rams fans again today and was on camera when he gave his unequivocal reply...?

42 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

That is a very bold statement about your dog, frankly i am not sure i believe you. If you are going to make such a claim the least you can do is provide evidence of his Irish ancestry otherwise i will only choose to believe his only option for international football is with England.

Andy Townsend and Clinton morrisons dogs had it away. I've got the puppy.

Archived