Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Watching the replay, you can see Martin doesn't even look up at the goal, he knows exactly where that goal is and the bottom corner...what a finish

Chrissy, Paterson and Bielek to start next game. Huddlestone out, Zoon out,

Bielik had a shocker I thought 

Just now, Anon said:

Don Goodman on suicide watch. What an absolute prat of epic proportions that man is. I swear you can hear him choking back tears after Martin equalizes.

I love it! I can hear the bias whenever I hear him on other games we aren't involved in. He always commentates on the game he wishes he was seeing and theres always satisfaction when his teams don't follow his script

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I love it! I can hear the bias whenever I hear him on other games we aren't involved in. He always commentates on the game he wishes he was seeing and theres always satisfaction when his teams don't follow his script

My favourite line from him today was when he claimed Josefzoon should've been sent off for a challenge he pulled out of and didn't connect with man or ball.

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

Don Goodman on suicide watch. What an absolute prat of epic proportions that man is. I swear you can hear him choking back tears after Martin equalizes.

I heard him describe Leeds’ performance as “as close to perfect as you can get”

When the difference between what they put in and “perfect” is actually putting the ball in the net and keeping it out the other end, you realise it wasn’t really that close at all. He is a complete tool. It’s a shame for them that the only brains of Sky’s Championship coverage was wearing a Derby County suit today 

better with only one holding player. Paterson, knight and martin gave us greater cohesion in the middle compared to holmes and marriott who were so isolated.

great moment for chris!

well deserved. He showed his quality - and how we have missed it.

still.....lots of question marks against our set up and lack of a midfield

12 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Watching the replay, you can see Martin doesn't even look up at the goal, he knows exactly where that goal is and the bottom corner...what a finish

Chrissy, Paterson and Bielek to start next game. Huddlestone out, Zoon out,

Martin is a superb striker. I'm absolutely delighted for him.

All three subs made a difference. What a wonderful thing to see Chrissy Martin leading the line, winning freekicks, linking up play and scoring a fabulous goal. 

In some ways we were unlucky. Never a foul for a freeekick that led to their goal, then Bamford was offside from the freekick before knocking it across, then it was a good save from Roos but with no danger Lowe lost his bearings and put it into his own net. Then their penalty was a dive by the Bamford Bamford. Then we should have had a penalty when Clarke's shirt was oh so obviously held onto in the box for several seconds as he got away from his defender for a header. You understand refs missing fleeting moments but not such defensive desperation.

We were resilient. We stayed in the game. On the whole we were pretty rubbish but if you're together, stay in the game and prey on the anxiety of their crown and players, you often get something.

And watching his performance on the pitch and interview afterwards, Chris Martin is a leader of men. He fits the Cocu way of playing. These sorts of games can be a turning point.

8 minutes ago, mozza said:

Let's be honest, that was a poor performance, possibly our worst of the season. Saying that it could be a major turning point in our season. I bloody hope so anyway. 

It will only change if we change our set up from the start. 

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Our best two are Lowe and Bogle. 

Get Lowe on to his favored side and Bogle back in on  the right and I think we can start to attack teams down the flanks, 

Yes but they are full backs. When you play away it’s very hard to get your full backs in advanced positions, especially when your centre backs look so shaky.

I thought today Lowe and Malone were amongst our best performers, but they can’t press forward with the likes of Josefzoon and Waghorn covering for them.

Truth is, January can’t come quickly enough.

Wouldn't keep 1 player for next season. Keeper is dodgy, playing out from the back to two of the biggest donkeys I've seen play for Derby (Keogh/Clarke), a right back who can't get in at left back because of the mighty malone. Bielek (10 mil???‍♂️) hudds in midfield are about as mobile as my dad who died 8 years ago, Holmes runs about but doesn't do a deal, zoons just ?, waghorn tries but no quality and jack "what does he have to do to start" doesn't score any goals. Awful team, brilliant point?. The core of the team is shocking. Clarke, Keogh, bielek and Huddlestone? Mag from benidorm gets about more than these 4. 

Archived