Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Xlor said:

I've seen alot of Flint. Lived in the same village, alfreton bought him for 1k. Him and mcfadzean centre halves in alfretons promotion side. Swindon, Bristol city, boro, Cardiff later and he's head and shoulders above Keogh?. If you think Keogh is the answer then fair play. Zero progression in the years he's trotted about says otherwise. I like to watch good players, he isn't one. 

Hahahaha. Flint is just a clogging hoof ball defender. Not even in the same class as Keogh. Keogh is probably the best ball playing centre half in this league. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Hahahaha. Flint is just a clogging hoof ball defender. Not even in the same class as Keogh. Keogh is probably the best ball playing centre half in this league. 

Defender being the word. He defends. Keoghs passes to Clarke today say otherwise. He's not even close to being the best in the league.

1 minute ago, Xlor said:

I'm not blaming it all on Keogh either. I mentioned 11 men and everyone jumps on me with the Keogh thing. 1 win in 9. Success or failure? Money spent v progression. Success or failure? 

This season is poor. No argument. 

It was how hard you went in on Keogh that got a reaction. 

There's whole list of pathetic performers this season. 

But previous seasons have not all been failure. Mac elevated us twice. Even Rowett did well in results considering the damage left by Clement and Pearson

Clement spent big on an already good team and so I can understand calling his time a flop. 

Pearson added nothing. Showed no promise.

Rowett did little to help our future. 

But Lampard was a success in terms of a season of playing better stuff, using young players and kind of rebuilding. But then he shot off and now Cocu must do the same

I just can't agree that it's success or failure based on promotion. Some managers have improved on previous.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

The funny thing is that some people will be thinking that Martin has saved Cocu’s bacon and kept him in a job for another week. That is how deep the rot is, in some people’s eyes.

It seems like today we got a huge slice of luck, the same luck that seemed to elude us in the home games v Swansea, WBA and Cardiff.

I think one win could really make all the difference, just to settle everyone down and let Cocu take a breath and reset. Win next week and we’ll probably look a totally different team by the end of October.

People have suggested Cocu doesn’t know what he’s doing and that he’s out of his depth. I feel differently. I feel like you can compare it to a boxer in a fight.

They say all the best laid plans go out of the window once you get hit in the face. Cocu was probably expecting a feeling out process and being able to study the opponent for a few rounds and see what might be effective going forward. 

Instead it feels like Cocu has been abruptly clipped behind the ear and dropped with a punch he didn’t see coming. And the opponent has been relentless ever since - raining down punch after punch. That feeling out process quickly becomes a fight for survival.

But Cocu knows that round by round, he can inch his way back into the fight.

Will Mel throw in the towel? Chris ‘The Cut Man’ Martin hopes not.

Tbf that’s probably Chris Martins luck. He comes back and scores 5 goals in the next 5 games but we lose every game 2-1, Cocu is sacked and Martin back with the U23’s ?

35 minutes ago, Xlor said:

No, don't say we played poorly on here. You'll get called all the names under the sun for having that kind of opinion. And god forbid don't mention any players names. You'll be wrong and the mass commenters will be right??

You do realise people on here are just as entitled to their opinion as you are? 

People disagreeing with you aren't saying you can't have your opinion,  they just don't agree with you,  which is no different to you disagreeing with theirs.

Reading through the posts all i see is a differing of opinions but you getting aggressive with people because they dare disagree with you.

Just wondering; before kick off, was anybody in any doubt that Leeds were a better team than us?

Notwithstanding the play-off heroics, they mullered us three times last season.  They have also kept their manager, started today with the bulk of the team that was there last season, have been playing well and were at home. Oh, and they were after blood.

We have lost arguably our best three players - and unfortunately thus far it doesn’t look like the replacements are as good, lost a couple of other potential regulars, have some injuries and we have (yet another) new manager who, I think obviously , is still finding his way.   We have been patchy to say the least (and that is probably being a bit kind!).   

While you always want to perform as well as possible, anybody who thought today was going to be easy was probably kidding themselves.  In the context of this match, a smash and grab point is absolutely marvelous.  

Now, again thus far, I am slightly concerned that Cocu is another manager who seems comfortable with the opposition having the ball.  If this is the case (and today wasn’t just a case of being completely outplayed) then we’re going to have a lot of games where we look poor.  This is very Rowett-esque.  It may end up being effective, but I don’t like to watch it.  Hopefully, GIVEN TIME, he’ll get us playing the positive, high tempo, progressive footy we (I?) want to see.

BUT... if every time we play poorly, or look like losing, people start kicking off (again) then nobody will ever get any time and we’ll be where we are now forever and a day.

7 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Just wondering; before kick off, was anybody in doubt that Leeds were a better team than us?

BUT... if every time we play poorly, or look like losing, people start kicking off (again) then nobody will ever get any time and we’ll be where we are now forever and a day.

The better team doesn't always win. It's about getting the team to compete. There's a difference between playing poorly and losing games. We were lucky today we played most of the game poorly, why shouldn't fans ask questions?

2 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

Serious question. When I was slated for backing CM19, I always said he’ll score goals for us and do the Nugent role better than Nugent. 

be honest, would Nugent have scored that goal today or was that Chrissy’s finishing ability? 

Nugent/Waghorn/Marriott might all have scored it, but would they have set the play up too?

Loved today. Gone to Leeds and taken a point after being battered for 70 mins. Cocu was right in what he said, after we conceded just stay in the game. Don't do anything stupid, don't panic, don't force it. Just stay in it. We know Leeds fall away in the last 15 minutes. They do it every single game. Delighted for Martin. Given the way we play, and what we have available, he can become a big player for us again this season, and I never, ever thought I'd say that. Well done lads, a great point.

19 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Bus driver? ? Joking aside from what I’ve seen he’s been sloppy so far with his passing ability and over plays in dangerous areas. 

Which is why I think he may well be more of a ball carrier than a proper holding midfielder, he’s got good feet and carries the ball well. 

1 minute ago, DazaDunn said:

Serious question. When I was slated for backing CM19, I always said he’ll score goals for us and do the Nugent role better than Nugent. 

be honest, would Nugent have scored that goal today or was that Chrissy’s finishing ability? 

Im sure some did disagree with you, but i think by and large Derby fans and this forum are very supportive of Martin. If i could be bothered to find some of my posts supporting Martin,  which there are many,  i could show you very few disagreeing and lots of likes.

He isn’t everyones cup of tea but im guessing more Derby fans than not would have had a wam feeling today

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Team for next week. Martin and Marriott 40 goals between them. Come on Phil you know you want to ?

4B7309B7-C648-4AC6-8F9C-5A629348526E.jpeg

Was looking good but not sure about MC Hammer in goal

43 minutes ago, Xlor said:

We should and they are. Tell me who isn't instead of calling me names. 3 hours later and id still not keep any. 

I didn't call you a name. I criticised your opinion. I also called you out specifically about the player you gave the most hate to, Richard Keogh, and all you had was to state that your dog could play for Ireland. Whatever pal. You're entitled to your opinion. Just know that it's a mardy, foolish and ill-considered one.

Archived