Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

The "seasons of failure" poo really pisses me off.

Spoken like the true precious little flower of a football fan. 

There's levels to this poo. Just like there's levels in your jobs. Are you top of your line of work? No? Failure then!! I don't care if you think you're successful. You're either first or nowhere.

Where's success by the way? The PL? Getting whipped my Man City and finishing with more losses than wins? That's success is it. Or maybe that's failure too. Maybe we a failures if we don't win that league. 

Speaking of Man City. Failures. And Pep. And Klopp and Liverpool. Failed to win the CL and Klopp failed to win the PL.

Both sides are failures. 

Wolves last season. Failure. Won nothing. 

Iceland national team? Failures. 

Get some ducking perspective for ducks sake.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chadlad said:

Just watched the Sky highlights and disturbed by the number of good chances that the dirties created. Defensively we look nervy, missing a calm leader/organiser, perhaps a back 3 of Keogh, Bielik & Clarke would be worth trying.

Great to see Chrissy Martin coming on and scoring, if we can get him fit and firing it will be as good as signing a new £10 million striker for the season. I thought Max Lowe did really well in the build up to our goal by putting in a great cross with his right foot instead of coming back onto his favoured left. Lowe and Bogle as wing backs surely an option.

How on earth we managed to steal a point is beyond me admittedly based upon those limited highlight. We need to build on this result...

The highlights favoured us.

13 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

We played poorly today (dare I say again?), but then look at our opening 6 or 7 games.  I'd venture it's one of or toughest starts for years - Leeds, WBA, Brentford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Swansea and Stoke.  I will really judge over the next 6 games.  If similar performances / results, yes, we may have cause to worry.   

No, don't say we played poorly on here. You'll get called all the names under the sun for having that kind of opinion. And god forbid don't mention any players names. You'll be wrong and the mass commenters will be right??

Seriously. We got out of jail today. Man City beat Watford 8:0. That could have been us too.

For the best part of 70 minutes it was attack v defence.

And our defence wasn't impressive either.

Missed penno, Bamford hit the post and missed several very decent chances.

I was suprised when he too Bielik off and left Huddlestone on at around 70 minutes I think. But something changed and suddenly we had the ball and pressed a bit. And then Martin popped up and scored.

If we do this again against half decent sides (ie nothing for 70 minutes) we will get tonked - and deservedly so.

I 'll be interested in Steve Nicholson's ratings from today. Hard to give anyone who was on for the whole 90 minutes more than a 5 - excepting Waghorn who maybe gets a 6, I'd say.

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The "seasons of failure" poo really pisses me off.

Spoken like the true precious little flower of a football fan. 

There's levels to this poo. Just like there's levels in your jobs. Are you top of your line of work? No? Failure then!! I don't care if you think you're successful. You're either first or nowhere.

Where's success by the way? The PL? Getting whipped my Man City and finishing with more losses than wins? That's success is it. Or maybe that's failure too. Maybe we a failures if we don't win that league. 

Speaking of Man City. Failures. And Pep. And Klopp and Liverpool. Failed to win the CL and Klopp failed to win the PL.

Both sides are failures. 

Wolves last season. Failure. Won nothing. 

Iceland national team? Failures. 

Get some ducking perspective for ducks sake.

Got some. We're still shat. Glad you're happy with poor/mediocre, I'm not. 

10 minutes ago, Xlor said:

No, don't say we played poorly on here. You'll get called all the names under the sun for having that kind of opinion. And god forbid don't mention any players names. You'll be wrong and the mass commenters will be right??

We got outclassed for large spells by probably the best team in the division, were lucky to still be in it and nicked a point at the death.

Nobody is arguing.

Where you went veering off track was saying that they're all awful players and we should get rid. That was just mardy, ill-considered, and foolish.

9 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

Seriously. We got out of jail today. Man City beat Watford 8:0. That could have been us too.

For the best part of 70 minutes it was attack v defence.

And our defence wasn't impressive either.

Missed penno, Bamford hit the post and missed several very decent chances.

I was suprised when he too Bielik off and left Huddlestone on at around 70 minutes I think. But something changed and suddenly we had the ball and pressed a bit. And then Martin popped up and scored.

If we do this again against half decent sides (ie nothing for 70 minutes) we will get tonked - and deservedly so.

I 'll be interested in Steve Nicholson's ratings from today. Hard to give anyone who was on for the whole 90 minutes more than a 5 - excepting Waghorn who maybe gets a 6, I'd say.

Just seen his ratings. I can't see how Lowe, Keogh and Huddlestone rated a 6. I would not pick them out as any worse than the others but equally no better. I'd go with his 6 for Waghorn though. And his 7 for Martin.

2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

We got outclassed for large spells by probably the best team in the division, were lucky to still be in it and nicked a point at the death.

Nobody is arguing.

Where you went veering off track was saying that they're all awful players and we should get rid. That was just mardy, ill-considered, and foolish.

We should and they are. Tell me who isn't instead of calling me names. 3 hours later and id still not keep any. 

3 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Got some. We're still shat. Glad you're happy with poor/mediocre, I'm not. 

Never said I'm happy with how we are playing but im just not blaming it all on Keogh. He's been our best CB in a decade. 

I also don't think every season he has been here is a failure because I recognise club records, league position and wins in a season as signs of success for a club like Derby. 

Congratulations to Watford today. Enjoying a succesful season. But spare a thought for Charlton who I think will miss out on promotion and so will ultimately be a season of failure

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The wives of @RoyMac5 and @kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong don’t know what they’re in for tonight.

Not to mention Mr's Ninos and the unfortunate exposure of @toddyfacts as fake news.

wardrobe is back.

We urinated on Leeds chips (again).

A pen was missed against us.

The Sun is shining.

Forgetting some criminal t20 batting it's been OK.

22 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Over and out. ?

excited homer simpson GIF

17 minutes ago, Xlor said:

dear god no GIF

4 hours ago, ramit said:

Fans have every right to criticize this manager for his inept handling of the team.  He picks the tactics which fail game after game.  If players are not performing, that's also his fault, it's his job to get them performing.  Off your high horse

What high horse would that be???????.........we've just come away from Elland Road with the same amount of points that Leeds got off us today?....Did we get a point from Lampards first 3 goes against Leeds last season before injury forced his hand in the Play Off second leg?....what inept handling of the team has Phillip Cocu or any of his management team done?.....fail game after game?????

Big deal losing at Brentford and Forest away from home, so early on in managing his brand new club.

Maybe you and many others on here should choose not to instantly blame and opt to support and get behind your team instead of instantly sticking the dagger in to your own team when we fall behind. Try laying into the players, management and fans of the club we are playing against, drag them down, don't drag your own guys and girls down. 

Our team fell off the horse first half, but regrouped at half time, got back on the horse, and showed the team that were sat on top of the division before the start of the game, for playing some very good fast moving football, high tempo, and we showed them that we don't give up, we get stuck in, we keep working as a club together and we get our rewards, and one day, some of our lousy fans might work out the damage they do to our wonderful club. Stop wasting your time criticising your own, get stuck into their lot.

And I'm still laughing at "Sky Sport Leeds Utd Incorporated" when they cut off our wonderful Phillip Cocu whilst he was in the middle of praising Chris Martin for his hard work, so they could talk some more about Leeds United.

I love Phillip Cocu, I love Chris Martin and I will give them all the time in the world to take our club forward.

Love, Life & Unity.

The horses are on the track............

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

56 minutes ago, cannable said:

Bielik is class. 

I posted in the thread about him but an offensive 4-2-3-1 just doesn’t get the best from him. 

He’s playing in a role that’s perfect for Evans, just roaming about and sniffing out danger and keeping things simple.  

Ability wise he’s a lot more than that but his role in the team boxes him in, it doesn’t allow him to show what he looks as if he can do. 

In fact, I’m not even sure he is a holding midfielder, looks more of a driver to me. 

Bus driver? ? Joking aside from what I’ve seen he’s been sloppy so far with his passing ability and over plays in dangerous areas. 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Never said I'm happy with how we are playing but im just not blaming it all on Keogh. He's been our best CB in a decade. 

I also don't think every season he has been here is a failure because I recognise club records, league position and wins in a season as signs of success for a club like Derby. 

Congratulations to Watford today. Enjoying a succesful season. But spare a thought for Charlton who I think will miss out on promotion and so will ultimately be a season of failure

I'm not blaming it all on Keogh either. I mentioned 11 men and everyone jumps on me with the Keogh thing. 1 win in 9. Success or failure? Money spent v progression. Success or failure? The goal v the achievement. Success or failure?

Archived